HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville Predators @ New York Rangers - Postgame Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2010, 09:39 PM
  #1
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING
 
Carl Hagelins Flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Nashville Predators @ New York Rangers - Postgame Discussion

Might as well get this started up considering the GDT will be locked imminently.


Last edited by Carl Hagelins Flow: 02-10-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
  #2
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Please remove the score from the thread title.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
  #3
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
couldnt be happier at the results of the game

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:41 PM
  #4
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
couldnt be happier at the results of the game
True. Hopefully a sound beating in Pittsburgh will force Sather to realize the only thing he should be buying before the deadline is an ice cream sundae.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:42 PM
  #5
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING
 
Carl Hagelins Flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Please remove the score from the thread title.
It serves as a cold reminder how bad this team is.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:43 PM
  #6
lundy
Registered User
 
lundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,602
vCash: 500
Cool team Hansel.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:43 PM
  #7
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,763
vCash: 500
Philly wins, they are at 63, montreal is beating Washington 5-2 in the 3rd, if they win, they are at 64, the Rangers are at 59. That is 2 W's out of a playoff spot behind both Philly AND TB. If the Rangers lose anymore ground, I dont see them being able to make up that much ground.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:44 PM
  #8
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
It serves as a cold reminder how bad this team is.
But it's been something of an unwritten policy that we don't put the scores in thread titles. There are a lot of times people (including myself) are behind live for whatever reason and if they happened to come to the forum for any reason you've spoiled it for them.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
  #9
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING
 
Carl Hagelins Flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Philly wins, they are at 63, montreal is beating Washington 5-2 in the 3rd, if they win, they are at 64, the Rangers are at 59. That is 2 W's out of a playoff spot behind both Philly AND TB. If the Rangers lose anymore ground, I dont see them being able to make up that much ground.
Don't forget Philly has 2 games in hand on us, and I believe Montreal has 1 or 2 as well.

I hate it, we always have the most GP down the stretch compared to other teams. Luckily the Isles are roughly even in GP with us.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
  #10
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Guys we have to face that this will go down to the wire, and Sather(Dolan) will do everything he can to give the Rangers the best chance of making the playoffs. Sucks, but its the reality of it all..

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
  #11
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
sell

offdacrossbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:46 PM
  #12
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Guys we have to face that this will go down to the wire, and Sather(Dolan) will do everything he can to give the Rangers the best chance of making the playoffs. Sucks, but its the reality of it all..
But do you really see him buying if we get killed in Pitt and then lose the final game before the break at home vs. TB?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:47 PM
  #13
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
True. Hopefully a sound beating in Pittsburgh will force Sather to realize the only thing he should be buying before the deadline is an ice cream sundae.
The worst part of all of this is that Slats is still going to be a buyer at the deadline. We have a legit shot at a top 5 pick and Sather will ruin it by propelling us into 9th place

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:47 PM
  #14
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
Don't forget Philly has 2 games in hand on us, and I believe Montreal has 1 or 2 as well.

I hate it, we always have the most GP down the stretch compared to other teams. Luckily the Isles are roughly even in GP with us.
Philly and TB have 2 games in hand(63 pts.), Montreal has played the same number of games(64 points-pending a win tonight 5-3 now).

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:48 PM
  #15
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...
 
Mint Berry Crunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
I never remembered Tootoo to be as good a player as he was tonight. Now... was it that he was good tonight or were the Rangers playing that terrible? I can't differentiate anymore...

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:48 PM
  #16
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
sell
Please let it happen. I know we can get a 2nd rounder for each of Jokinen and Prospal. How nice would it be to have 1 first and 3 seconds? Considering our first is likely to be pretty decent...we could probably move up into the top 10 (maybe even 7) by trading one or two of our seconds.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:49 PM
  #17
Nick00
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,876
vCash: 500
Did anyone else notice that the garbage bin Lundqvist hit with his stick after the game already had some huge dents in it?
I found that kind of amusing, in a sad way.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:49 PM
  #18
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,752
vCash: 500
Can't believe that Giannone is insinuating that this was a "good loss" to Lundqvist... the defense left Hank out to dry for the first half of the game.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:49 PM
  #19
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
How many times does Lundqvist have to look miserable after games in which he plays great and gives up 2 goals? It's just ****ing amusing at this point.

Dude played a phenomenal game, and it's never enough.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:51 PM
  #20
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,927
vCash: 500
Come on Sather at least get some picks back for Vinny or Ollie or anyone.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:51 PM
  #21
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Please let it happen. I know we can get a 2nd rounder for each of Jokinen and Prospal. How nice would it be to have 1 first and 3 seconds? Considering our first is likely to be pretty decent...we could probably move up into the top 10 (maybe even 7) by trading one or two of our seconds.
We're in the top 10 right now, no need to move anywhere!

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:52 PM
  #22
LamoTheKid
Registered User
 
LamoTheKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
How many times does Lundqvist have to look miserable after games in which he plays great and gives up 2 goals? It's just ****ing amusing at this point.

Dude played a phenomenal game, and it's never enough.
I like his little backhanded insult of "I knew I couldnt afford to make mistakes tonight". Well played hank, well played.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:53 PM
  #23
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING
 
Carl Hagelins Flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
But it's been something of an unwritten policy that we don't put the scores in thread titles. There are a lot of times people (including myself) are behind live for whatever reason and if they happened to come to the forum for any reason you've spoiled it for them.
Didn't think of it that way, sorry, I fixed it.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:53 PM
  #24
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
I hope we continue tanking. This franchise needs a wake up call.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:53 PM
  #25
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
We're in the top 10 right now, no need to move anywhere!
Well I'm not a draft expert but I remember some posts discussing how the top 7 picks were all going to be solid players. Obviously we have to trust our scouting department, but at least it would be nice to know we have a good number of picks...to use or to trade as they see fit.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.