HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville Predators @ New York Rangers - Postgame Discussion

Old
02-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

vCash: 500
as much as i want to tank, sather isnt going to sell.

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik Scores View Post
Why would he?
We're "still in it".

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Don't think so either. If anything he'll keep the team status quo.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Greg NYR

pencil in a L for friday, hank gives up at least five at the igloo

Greg NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
trilobyte

Some people want to tank.
I don't.

I also don't Sather making some snazzy trade for Florida's unwanted. Let it be.

Put up with the stink for a while, and get better. Don't trade Callahan, don't trade Dubinsky. Unless it is for ground-shaking gains.

And no, don't tank like a bunch of Penguins.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:28 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
What does that mean? They are a much better team then us, have more exciting players and play consistent hockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
You named 2 bad teams, one of which has no youth coming up (Carolina). Nashville is good,and have players like Colin Wilson, Cody Franson, Weber, Suter.
Thanks for the compliments on our team. It is hard at times building from scratch and working with the budget that we have. Besides, we all know how hockey in the south is.

Anyway, it was a good game tonight, the Rangers came out and played hard. Honestly this win goes to our goaltender Dan Ellis. He made some great saves.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik Scores View Post
the interesting thing here is, the Rangers might actually become a better team if he can simply get this dead weight off of it. in essence, if he could hypothetically "sell" Redden and/or Drury we might actually get better, just getting away from these guys. Both guys are hurting this team for entirely different reasons. Drury because this team just needs to get away from his whole era which has gotten progressively worse since he got here, and redden because he just flat out stinks.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:29 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I don't.

Put up with the stink for a while, and get better. Don't trade Callahan, don't trade Dubinsky. Unless it is for ground-shaking gains.

keep fighting the good fight

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg NYR View Post
pencil in a L for friday, hank gives up at least five at the igloo
perfect game to play Johnson....especially if Gabby is out.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Greg NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
agreed

Greg NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:32 PM
XLJ

Wow Callahan played 27 mins tonight. Dubi was great on faceoffs and Christensen made a really nice move those were really the only positives . You could live with the lack of scoring if they were a great defensive team which they are not. The goaltender bails out the defense all the time.

I wanted to make the playoffs but now I think it is time to sell. The rangers are seperating themselves from philly, montreal and tampa. They need to trade Prospal and Jokinan they can get a nice return for those players and they can probably dump Rozsival too. Callup some of the young players from hartford. And in the summer they need to buy out both Redden and Drury.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:34 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Wow Callahan played 27 mins tonight. Dubi was great on faceoffs and Christensen made a really nice move those were really the only positives . You could live with the lack of scoring if they were a great defensive team which they are not. The goaltender bails out the defense all the time.

I wanted to make the playoffs but now I think it is time to sell. The rangers are seperating themselves from philly, montreal and tampa. They need to trade Prospal and Jokinan they can get a nice return for those players and they can probably dump Rozsival too. Callup some of the young players from hartford. And in the summer they need to buy out both Redden and Drury.
Are you aware how much that would cost us and for how long?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Vitto79

Here is the thing with this team, who do you really move. On D we would say Redden and Rozy, durrr. Rozy is tradeable in my mind and if so they better do it now. Giardi I can see being move too but not any of the other

up front I would not move Dubi, Cally, Anismov, Gaborik..........they won't move Jokinen, Prospal cause they are trying to make the playoffs whether we like it or not. No one will take Avery. Prust is a keeper, Boyle is fine on the 4th line.......so what does that leave, Lisin ,Voros, Brashear to move, not much value there. Christiensen wont have much value either. Drury obviously is going no where

so basically my pt is they really only have Girardi and some will disagree but Lisin with any value, the other either have a high contract or won't be traded

in a nutshell they have to sink or swim with this lineup. Just try and move salary and think about next yr

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:38 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I had penciled Tampa in as a win. Silly me. They're hot right now and I'm sure Sunday they will remember that *** whipping the Rangers gave them last meeting.

Forget about Friday. The best chance the Rangers had of beating the Pens was way back on opening night.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:38 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
I don't.

Completely agree with you.

There's no guarantee this mythical fourth pick isn't going to turn out to be Pavel Brendl 2.0.

I'd be all for trading Prospal--but not for a pick! He's worth a solid defenseman. Same thing with Jokinen.

I'm amazed at so-called Ranger fans who want to go through 98-04 again, and this time try to do it "right".

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Rangerfans

Or we could....I don't know...get rid of whatever albatross contracts we can. That's it. I wouldn't make any moves.

If we make the playoffs, it will not matter -- this team is not talented enough.

If we don't make the playoffs, big deal. Again, "patience" and "Ranger fans" simply don't go together.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:41 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post

There's no guarantee this mythical fourth pick isn't going to turn out to be Pavel Brendl 2.0.

I'd be all for trading Prospal--but not for a pick! He's worth a solid defenseman. Same thing with Jokinen.

I'm amazed at so-called Ranger fans who want to go through 98-04 again, and this time try to do it "right".
The thing is we aren't that far away from being a good team. The reality is even if by some miracle they make the playoffs you and I know they aren't winning close to 16 games. So what's the point of another 1st or 2nd round exit when you could make moves to better position the team for the future? Sure, our 1st rounder could be a bust...but the fact of the matter is the #4 overall pick is a lot more of a sure thing than the #14 overall. And if we can sell some assets for a few extra picks to increase our chances of getting it right even better.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:44 PM
NYRMatt

Do we really believe that the NY Rangers really have a legitimate shot at the Stanley Cup? Do you fans honestly believe we have the skill (and the will), to actually go far in the playoffs? If anything, tonight showed us that we aren't that kind of team. Are we built to go far? I don't believe we are. Assuming we make the playoffs, how far do we expect to go? Lundqvist and Gaborik can only take us so far. Is it really worth being buyers (yet again) and getting yet another 16 - 22 draft pick and no Stanley Cup? Let alone missing out on the playoffs, with a 9-10 seed?

I hate being the negative one. Before this performance, I was all about making the playoffs and some part of me felt 'Hey, we still have a chance' but this team just can't get it together.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
dedalus

Quote:
No guarantees for sure. You're just playing the percentages, and they go with the high picks.

Quote:
I'm amazed at the so-called Ranger fans who advocate for never ending mediocrity.

Man I just LOVE being able to dictate who's a real fan and who's not!

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:48 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Or we could....I don't know...get rid of whatever albatross contracts we can. That's it. I wouldn't make any moves.
Maybe I have a different interpretation of tanking. Tanking to me means doing a complete rebuild and gutting the whole team. Getting rid of everything good so you cannot help but lose, and end up getting some guy like Taylor Hall who could just as easily remain a skinny kid who gets knocked on his butt all the time.
NYR does not need that. That would be like saying, "hey Callahan, that bit about wanting homegrown talent that cares about he jersey they wear, just kidding. We thank you for the effort and the way you wore the Rangers jersey, yada yada yada".

Getting rid of older guys like Prospal, Jokinen, it's all welcome. Getting rid of Rozsival Redden Drury would be a dream.

This team if finally headed somewhere and will get some traction as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot again with the gun that Sather keeps reloading.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
But doesn't that send out a "mailing it in" message?
Not that I'm against it at all, since we're going to lose either way, but that doesn't sound like something Tortorella would do.

The Rangers are 2-8-0 in their last 10 games... it's definitely desperation time.
Seeing how clear it is that the Rangers have no chance of beating a good team without Lundqvist in net, putting Johnson in against Pitt is basically accepting a loss.
If they lose the next two they're in big trouble, needless to say.
I would be shocked if Tortorella didn't put Henrik in.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vitto79

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=22

here is the chart for contracts

I am for moving Rozy as a salary dump, its doable to a team with tons of cap space and they only pay really 7 million in actual dollars. Even they have to take a few million back do it. There are young Dmen that can come in anyways next yr. Sangs/McD

Trade Redden for an equally horrific contract....Horcoff?, Edmonton stinks and they are likely a good team to shake things up.....

By some miracle move Brashear to a team desperate for toughness, can they send Brashear down to Hartford for conditoning already

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
I don't.

Quote:

I totally agree with both of you... We've had some "awesome draft picks" in the past that haven't panned out. I don't trust this team's drafting skill. If we sell, I'd rather gets NHLers who can still progress...

And tanking is just awful INHO. Play to win the game, no matter what.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

I wholeheartedly support starting Johnson Friday in ****tsburgh.

Lundy never plays well there or at Bell Center.

Worst comes to worst, Johnson ***** the bed and Lundy plays but it's not like he needs rest.

Torts won't do this though, he will always ride the best guys.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:53 PM
PacManNJD
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
Andrew Gross says 13.5k ish.
Announced: 13,128.

Hey, better than the 5,580 that showed up in Newark tonight...

Seriously, why couldn't they announce the PAID attendance rather than the ACTUAL attendance? I'm sure the Garden would have had the usual 18,200 and the Rock perhaps 15K+.

PacManNJD is offline   Reply With Quote