HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hecht (O) - Finger; Ellis (O) - UBI/Scratch

Old
02-10-2010, 11:01 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
From the TBN blog.
That's my little badass.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 11:46 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
That's my little badass.
What's amazing about the quote above is that it is EXACTLY what most of us said in our heads, verbatim, when we read the Myers quote.

PERFECTLY put.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 11:52 PM
OpethianSabre20

Quote:
That's my little badass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
What's amazing about the quote above is that it is EXACTLY what most of us said in our heads, verbatim, when we read the Myers quote.

PERFECTLY put.
Yeah, the guy is definitely a winner, although the way BTT worded that was a bit creepy.

Going a bit OT, if it were up to me, I'd give Myers a 10 year contract now and not think twice.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:19 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
That's my little badass.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 07:14 AM
OcAirlines

The Myers-love here is just awesome. Don't get me wrong, i love this kid too, but this stuff happens all the time, almost every player plays through pain after being hit by a puck at least once a season. But when it's Myers, it suddenly is the most awesome thing a player did this year and has to be made to a heroic story in the thread-title .

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 07:37 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
The Myers-love here is just awesome. Don't get me wrong, i love this kid too, but this stuff happens all the time, almost every player plays through pain after being hit by a puck at least once a season. But when it's Myers, it suddenly is the most awesome thing a player did this year and has to be made to a heroic story in the thread-title .
You do realize he got hit in the NECK with a SLAPSHOT.

The mother ****ing neck.

And he's not missing any time.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 07:45 AM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
You do realize he got hit in the NECK with a SLAPSHOT.

The mother ****ing neck.

And he's not missing any time.
I don't question it hurts, but stuff like that happens all the time and players play through it all the time. Also, it wasn't a 100 mph Chara-slapper that hit him directly, as far as i remember, it was some deflected Paillé-shot?!

Old
02-11-2010, 07:54 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
I don't question it hurts, but stuff like that happens all the time and players play through it all the time. Also, it wasn't a 100 mph Chara-slapper that hit him directly, as far as i remember, it was some deflected Paillé-shot?!
It was a deflected slapshot from about 4 feet away.

In. The. Neck.

That doesn't "happen all the time"

Players usually miss time when they are hit in the face with a puck.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:05 AM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
It was a deflected slapshot from about 4 feet away.

In. The. Neck.

That doesn't "happen all the time"

Players usually miss time when they are hit in the face with a puck.
I really don't question Myers' badass-ality and i have a hell lot respect for him. It's just funny to see that he get's way more love for the things he does then when anyone else is doing it (still, most of it is fully deserved).

Old
02-11-2010, 10:59 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
I really don't question Myers' badass-ality and i have a hell lot respect for him. It's just funny to see that he get's way more love for the things he does then when anyone else is doing it (still, most of it is fully deserved).
Kaleta's actually out because he's so emaciated. Meyers has been rescuing all the babies from Kaleta's pantry (when he's not playing hockey, or fixing up homes on the West Side).

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:01 PM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Kaleta's actually out because he's so emaciated. Meyers has been rescuing all the babies from Kaleta's pantry (when he's not playing hockey, or fixing up homes on the West Side).

Old
02-11-2010, 01:05 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
Yeah, the guy is definitely a winner, although the way BTT worded that was a bit creepy.

Going a bit OT, if it were up to me, I'd give Myers a 10 year contract now and not think twice.
Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
In phrase only.

Old
02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
I think it probably says as much about the perceived softness of the rest of the roster as much as it does about our Myers love. Myers was also the only one to do anything when Miller got ran over last week - he's doing the little things right, the little things I wish the rest of this team would do on a regular basis.

Hell, I've been done with Stafford for awhile now, and was even suggesting we trade him ASAP after his contract holdout, but I still started a thank you thread for the guy after he fought the other night.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 03:09 PM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
I think it probably says as much about the perceived softness of the rest of the roster as much as it does about our Myers love. Myers was also the only one to do anything when Miller got ran over last week - he's doing the little things right, the little things I wish the rest of this team would do on a regular basis.

Hell, I've been done with Stafford for awhile now, and was even suggesting we trade him ASAP after his contract holdout, but I still started a thank you thread for the guy after he fought the other night.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
Yeah, i think that's about it. Good post.

Old
02-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
You don't own the Isles, do you?

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Dmitri Kalinin would be out 4-6 weeks with a hickey.

Buffaloed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Jagemon

Just a quick Q: Has Ryan Miller ever went through a hip surgery? Just read on a finnish hockey site that every butterfly goalie will eventually have to go get a surgery on their hip.

Jagemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 11:09 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagemon View Post
Just a quick Q: Has Ryan Miller ever went through a hip surgery? Just read on a finnish hockey site that every butterfly goalie will eventually have to go get a surgery on their hip.
Probably true to some extent due to the way they move but Ryan has not yet.

Old
02-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Kc232
Hi

not a very good thought

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Dabs21Nike

That's a litte over the top considering almost all goalies play the butterfly at some point. I wouldn't put too much thought into that.

Dabs21Nike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 01:13 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Yeah, that's WAY over the top. Stop trusting that Finnish hockey site

jflory81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Jagemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose28 View Post
That's a litte over the top considering almost all goalies play the butterfly at some point. I wouldn't put too much thought into that.
It's not way over the top. Have to say though that thankfully Miller isn't built that heavy. He might be tall but not heavy which decreases the stress for the hip.

And it's not way over the top that (statistically) nearly half of the butterfly goalies got their hips ready for the surgery. The column included that if the goalie doesn't work on his flexibility on the hip area, it's 100% that the hip will need a surgery. It's a physical fact and the quote is from highly respected finnish doctor working with the goalies. The other goalie coach also stated that in NA the coaches work way better with the hip area than here in Finland.

But I was just curious about it. It's not like Miller is going to need a surgery sometime soon (maybe never) but still it's a scary thing if he really needs to get his hip fixed while playing in Buffalo.

Btw: The finnish site is rather trustworthy. And the whole column is based on an Islander goalie Mikko Koskinen, he played one game this season and then had the surgery. Missed every game since then.

Old
02-19-2010, 08:48 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
It's not way over the top. Have to say though that thankfully Miller isn't built that heavy. He might be tall but not heavy which decreases the stress for the hip.

And it's not way over the top that (statistically) nearly half of the butterfly goalies got their hips ready for the surgery. The column included that if the goalie doesn't work on his flexibility on the hip area, it's 100% that the hip will need a surgery. It's a physical fact and the quote is from highly respected finnish doctor working with the goalies. The other goalie coach also stated that in NA the coaches work way better with the hip area than here in Finland.

But I was just curious about it. It's not like Miller is going to need a surgery sometime soon (maybe never) but still it's a scary thing if he really needs to get his hip fixed while playing in Buffalo.

Btw: The finnish site is rather trustworthy. And the whole column is based on an Islander goalie Mikko Koskinen, he played one game this season and then had the surgery. Missed every game since then.
"every butterfly goalie will need the surgery" is way different from what you said in this post (about half of them do)...and even that seems like an exaggeration for NA goalies.

jflory81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Jagemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
"every butterfly goalie will need the surgery" is way different from what you said in this post (about half of them do)...and even that seems like an exaggeration for NA goalies.
Well the column is a bit confusing because on the other hand it says "Every butterfly goalie will go through the surgery" but then later it says
"Goalies can postpone/skip the surgery all together if the flexibility practises are done the right way"

Either way, butterfly does stress the hip alot.

I'm done with this OT

Old
02-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Bakes' report is that Tropp played center over the weekend. Anyone with any further info on that?