HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brashear wants out-asked to be traded (Update: Reported to Hartford/Played game)

Old
02-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

vCash: 500
good bye. have fun getting ice time. GO TO THE ISLANDERS PLEASE AND LET PRUST KNOCK HIM ON HIS ASS!

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead94 View Post
I'd love to see a statistic about teams that end up demoting, not playing, or trading away players that they sign or trade for. We have to be on top of that list.

Off the top of my head:
Scott Gomez
Chris Higgins
Ales Kotalik
Patrick Rissmiller
Aaron Ward
Aaron Voros
Matt Cullen
Darius Kasparaitis

I'm sure there's more I'm just not thinking of right now, but you get the picture.
Dmitri Kalinin
Dan Fritsche
Christian Backman
Jason Ward
Adam Hall
Pascal Dupuis
Marcel Hossa
Erik Reitz
Alex Bourret
Jozef Balej
Ville Nieminen

edit: why is Voros on your list?

Last edited by Carlos Ranger: 02-11-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
"A showman like Orr..."
Really? HAHAHAHA

Quote:
"I don't really understand what they expect..."
Taking over Colton's job makes sense dosen't it? And Brash has failed bigtime.

What a whiner. Get outta here, ****ing bum.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:12 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

What I'd like to know, is how people, corporate people, who have gotten so far in their industries, can be so God-damned stupid.

Sather REALLY couldn't foresee Brashear, Kotalik, and Redden to be disasters???

99% of the people on this board are not corporate, hockey execs. We are fans and we saw this from light years away.

Does Sather do any research before signing a guy?

With the technology and wonderful thing called the internet, and G3 smartphones, there is no excuse.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:13 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

While i welcome the fact that he wants out, his comments infuriate me.

What has he done to earn any ice time on this team??? What has he done to earn ice time on ANY team?!? He cant handle the puck, he shys away from physical contact, he hasnt made any game changing hits or plays that a normal enforcer would, he NEVER sticks up for his teammates, NEVER... and when he does drop the gloves he gets his assed kicked...

And he has the gaul to demand a trade?!?

Gimme a ****ing break. What is it with these guys? This team is something else. Brashear is lucky hes getting paid at all to play in this league let alone 1.4 for 2 years. SHUT UP AND COLLECT YOUR PAYCHECK YOU DUMB ****. My god, i was willing to give this guy a chance but now i want him as far away from this team as possible.

And furthermore check out what Slats has done. Traded for Higgins and he bombed and had to be traded. Signed Kotalik and he asked out, Signed Brashear to a ridiculous contract and HE wants out. Sather should have stopped at Gaborik and Prospal. Jesus Christ this team is a mess.

I find it ridiculous that the moment they signed huggybear the entire board was up-in-arms and knew it wasnt a good fit. I wish the ******* General Manager would have the same foresight. This is just more evidence the man running the show has no clue how to assemble a team. Oh yeah and to top it off they are 3 points out of 13th.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Oh my gosh this is awesome news. I didn't even realize Brashear asked to be traded.

Now Sather has to trade or release him. We don't have to wonder whether Sather is thinking the same thing as us. He has to trade him. Please do!

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:23 AM
TheHotRock

i would love a guy who can play and fight. do you think brashear could introduce me to one?

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:26 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What talks with Florida? According to McKenzie,the teams haven't talked deals.
ESPN is reporting that Florida is working on no less than 9 separate deals right now.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Avery316
guilty as charged

my god is this guy delusional or what? taking a swipe at orr because youre a joke? for real, you are truly a clowns clown Donald. OOOOOHHHHHHHH SEEEE YAAAAAAAAA!

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:31 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
ESPN is reporting that Florida is working on no less than 9 separate deals right now.
hm espns rumours or mckenzie reporting no serious talks.. ill take mckenzie's word considering he covers hockey

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:35 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead94 View Post
I'd love to see a statistic about teams that end up demoting, not playing, or trading away players that they sign or trade for. We have to be on top of that list.

Off the top of my head:
Scott Gomez
Chris Higgins
Ales Kotalik
Patrick Rissmiller
Aaron Ward
Aaron Voros
Matt Cullen
Darius Kasparaitis

I'm sure there's more I'm just not thinking of right now, but you get the picture.
Sather makes a mistake, attempts to rectify it, and makes the same mistake over again.

Kotalik is already traded and now Brashear is demanding a trade... hey, 2 out of 4 for free agent signings in the summer of 2009 ain't so bad, Slats!

And the worst part is the attitudes of these players. Brashear hasn't won a fight all year. If he isn't fighting, he isn't doing his job. The guy is done and I understand that's probably hard for him to come to terms with, but why does he feel the need to take a cheap shot at Orr? I can't stand the entitlement of some of the players on this team.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:35 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
hm espns rumours or mckenzie reporting no serious talks.. ill take mckenzie's word considering he covers hockey
there could definitely be a difference b/w there not being any trade talks to mckenzie's knowledge and there not being any trade talks. I know he covers the whole league really well, but with 30 teams and the olympic break/trade deadline coming up its possible he cant know everything going on as of now.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:36 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Good riddance is what I'll say once he's gone.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:38 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Thought it summed up the Ranger fans here at HF pretty well. Me included.

Yes in deed.

We fans hang ourselves out to dry both emotionally and monitarily, and all that little ******* with all of daddy dolans money can do is continually jerk us along like one of his playthings.

Yes in deed. Great avatar.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Traded? Pft. Good luck with that. Tell him to start contacting GM's and he can be waived when he knows he's got interest.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Lol..."Showman like Orr?" What a rediculous statement to make. You mean a younger guy who did his job whenever he was called upon to do so? A guy that doesn't bail on fights when opponents get the upper hand?

I am a huge fight fan and I support and appreciate everyone that does the job. And it's certainly not easy to do. But the key words here ar e "does the job"...somethnig which Donald didn't do ewhen he was here.

The worst part about it is, if he was dominating fights like he did throughout his whole career he would have been liked here. But he hasn't really dominated anyone since he came here! I don't get it.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:48 AM
SML

Being an enforcer is a young man's game. First, you have to be a bit reckless, which is something that fades with age. Second, there's just no need to pay a guy big money to do it, because once they do start making big money, I think they become more concerned with sticking around and making that big money. You need guys who are young and hungry to do this job. I'm not mad at Brashear at all. This is probably the best possible end. I hope somebody shows interest. Then we can try and get Boogaard as an UFA this season. If that doesn't work, start fresh with someone from the minors.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Celestial Black

Send him away if you can. Get it done. We have Voros and now Prust who are more effective.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:14 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Ugh, why did Sather sign this bum? Especially after the Betts incident...

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:16 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Good, he wants to be traded. Bye. Adios.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:20 AM
AllNYteams

I figured he asked for a trade. He got upset when he was w the Habs bec he wasn't being played, got an attitude w the coach, and was then traded. Sound familiar? The only problem is getting another team to take him and his contract. That is the real problem. Hope they can make it happen. Otherwise we'll be paying $2.8 to watch games from the press box.

AllNYteams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Lol..."Showman like Orr?" What a rediculous statement to make. You mean a younger guy who did his job whenever he was called upon to do so? A guy that doesn't bail on fights when opponents get the upper hand?

I am a huge fight fan and I support and appreciate everyone that does the job. And it's certainly not easy to do. But the key words here ar e "does the job"...somethnig which Donald didn't do ewhen he was here.

The worst part about it is, if he was dominating fights like he did throughout his whole career he would have been liked here. But he hasn't really dominated anyone since he came here! I don't get it.
Yea, I didnt really get that. In years past, Brashear was a better hockey player than Orr. He could get in on that forecheck, and actually make some plays from time to time. Age seems to have caught up with him (surprise!), and hes absolutely useless this year. I mean, he looks like a 50 year old out there.

But for Brashear to knock Orr is just silly and quite pathetic. Orr, while always an adequate fighter, has worked his tail off to improve his skating and get it near NHL level. A showman? Not quite. Just the opposite, actually.

Also, Im waiting for Dagoon's inside info that theres a rift between Brashear and Torts

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Brashear + 4th to PHI for Betts. Brashear proceeds to break Carcillo's face in practice, and subsequently, his own hand.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:27 AM
1940rip

first team to offer a bag of pucks wins!

1940rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:27 AM
mullichicken25

this is the first thread i can recall about removing a player from this team, where not a single person has attempted to defend the player in any way

that says a LOT

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote