HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Brashear wants out-asked to be traded (Update: Reported to Hartford/Played game)

Old
02-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Declan
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Just wrote a short blog piece about this, taking a look at a few of these strange quotes. Is the guy on drugs?

LINK

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:27 AM
TheHotRock

i love it when uneducated shmucks making 1.4 million for doing absolutely nothing start to sulk.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:29 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

this has to be a joke...he didnt really say that did he?
I dont know what they expect? do they want a showman like orr or someone who can play AND fight...really donald? How some resemlance of any ability in either aspect of your game before mentioning other players...whatta ****brick.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:30 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
i love it when uneducated shmucks making 1.4 million for doing absolutely nothing start to sulk.
Isn't it great? Man, what I'd do to be able to make $1.4 million just to practice with the Rangers, make a few fan appearances, and travel with the team.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

As the season wears on and time keeps running out on this team we are really finding out a lot more about that lockerroom aren't we?

Avery says guys don't bring it...
Torts says there's a lot of sense of entitlement around here...

You hear whining from Redden (well known as the worst contract in the NHL) after getting sidelined.

Kotalik speaks up after being a healthy scratch. He's gone a couple of weeks later.

Now this BUM asks for a trade and then goes to the media to cry about "What they want?" and even has the balls to bring up ORR!!!

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME WITH THIS B.S.!!!?

Get these clowns the F outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Don't walk on the logo in the lockerroom but crap ALL OVER THIS FRANCHISE IN HOW YOU CARRY YOURSELF BOTH ON AND OFF THE ICE!

Embarassing.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Crease

This is actually good news. Brashear is soon to be a thing of Rangers past. Hopefully they can trade him or get him to void his contract so his cap hit is gone. Sending him down to the minors won't do us any good.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:36 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Traded? Pft. Good luck with that. Tell him to start contacting GM's and he can be waived when he knows he's got interest.
Not only Brash can be traded, but he will be very effective for any team that do not have HD named Tortorella. I think Slats is working on that trade. You'd be surprised of the return.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Avery316
guilty as charged

"Now, itís not so much being [ticked] off," Brashear said. "When you go to work and donít like whatís going on at work, itís like going backward. Itís no fun. In the end, weíre getting our salary. Youíve got to live with it."

Guy makes me real sick inside....

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
1940rip

Me thinks he's taken a few too many shots to the dome-piece. But, you know what they say, "The athlete that acts as his own agent, usually has an idiot for a client."

Oh, and the reason he hasn't yet been traded is proof that he's an also-ran. Note to Donald, we need interested parties before we can dump your $1.4 on someone elses payroll. Wow.

1940rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

This may be the most pissed off I've been about reading a G-damn blog in my life.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:40 AM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichy35 View Post
"Now, itís not so much being [ticked] off," Brashear said. "When you go to work and donít like whatís going on at work, itís like going backward. Itís no fun. In the end, weíre getting our salary. Youíve got to live with it."

Guy makes me real sick inside....
tough pill to swallow, eh?

you've "got" to live with it.

what a joke.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:42 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I hope the Rangers can find a taker before the deadline. It will be win-win. Brashear gets to go somewhere he can play and more importantly the Rangers lose his cap hit.

Another poor signing. This has become the norm with this team.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:44 AM
AllNYteams

Brashear asks, "do they want a showman like Orr...". Are you kidding me? This is the same guy who used to pretend like he was washing his hands clean and showboat next to opponents bench all of the time after he beat a guy. The only reason he doesn't still do that is bec he doesn't win anymore. And it looks stupid when you just got your ass kicked. There was no need to bring Orr into this bec he can't fight anymore and what limited ability as a hockey player has diminished.

AllNYteams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Crease

To be fair guys, we tend to hate on players who show up just to collect their salary. It's clear that Brash wants to play, and collecting a paycheck isn't enough for him. I can admire that.

I don't admire his cheap shot at Orr though, or the delusion that he deserves to dress every night.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
tough pill to swallow, eh?

you've "got" to live with it.

what a joke.
Nothing wrong with that comment IMO. He doesn't care about the money, he wants to play.

Old
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
As the season wears on and time keeps running out on this team we are really finding out a lot more about that lockerroom aren't we?

Avery says guys don't bring it...
Torts says there's a lot of sense of entitlement around here...

You hear whining from Redden (well known as the worst contract in the NHL) after getting sidelined.

Kotalik speaks up after being a healthy scratch. He's gone a couple of weeks later.

Now this BUM asks for a trade and then goes to the media to cry about "What they want?" and even has the balls to bring up ORR!!!

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME WITH THIS B.S.!!!?

Get these clowns the F outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Don't walk on the logo in the lockerroom but crap ALL OVER THIS FRANCHISE IN HOW YOU CARRY YOURSELF BOTH ON AND OFF THE ICE!

Embarassing.

The saddest part of all of this is...these buffons are suppossed to show the kids how to be professionals...Redden, Drury, Rozy & Brashear are poison...get them outta here before they infect everyone else....

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AllNYteams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Not only Brash can be traded, but he will be very effective for any team that do not have HD named Tortorella. I think Slats is working on that trade. You'd be surprised of the return.
Oh yea, I'm sure the phones are just ringing off of the hook to sign a 38 year old enforcer for $1.4. I'm not saying it can't be done, but he and his contract aren't an easy pill for any GM to swallow.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
this is old news we had this on mouths radio show 2 weeks ago. he is also rumored to want to play in russia next year.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
About time.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:52 AM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Talk about overestimating your value... Brash is washed up and delusional. F off.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

What's next?!!!

Is Rozi gonna come out and say he hates Ranger fans and he should be on the PP more... Slats gonna say his free agent signings have been good for the most part? Redden gonna ask for a raise?

This is unbelievable.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Nothing wrong with that comment IMO. He doesn't care about the money, he wants to play.
Did he tear up his contract or something?

He's still collecting $1.4M for doing nothing.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:59 AM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
What's next?!!!

Is Rozi gonna come out and say he hates Ranger fans and he should be on the PP more... Slats gonna say his free agent signings have been good for the most part? Redden gonna ask for a raise?

This is unbelievable.
henrik is gonna come out and say the reason the team sucks is his lackluster play this year.

then sean a very is gonna start dressing like eddie vedder circa 1992

Old
02-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
The guy with 1 assist in 225 (!) minutes of ice time talking trash about the guy with 2 GOALS and 2 assists in ~ 400 minutes of ice time (including 1 GWG).

And yeah brash, you fought orr this year and "won", but I doubt orr is the least bit intimidated by you. Fight him a few more times and see what happens. Your "wins" will be hugging him and giving him a few weak punches, his wins will be breaking your face.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 10:01 AM
AllNYteams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
To be fair guys, we tend to hate on players who show up just to collect their salary. It's clear that Brash wants to play, and collecting a paycheck isn't enough for him. I can admire that.

I don't admire his cheap shot at Orr though, or the delusion that he deserves to dress every night.
The guy really wants to play and I can admire that. But he wants to play AND still make millions that he is not worth. If he cared more about playing he could get out of his contract, take a pay cut and go play somewhere else where he would get more ice time. But obviously he wants both. And he is delusional to think his skill is at that level.
He could get plenty of ice time in a different league. He just won't be cut a $2.8 million paycheck.