HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Streak Breakers! Habs beat Caps 6-5 in OT

Old
02-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Turboflex*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Double screened shots from the point in the top corner are weak to alot of people.
As for the demeanor of the players you guys both said different things and people will interpret it to suit which ever goalie they like.
No that kind of shot is weak when it goes in on a Montreal goalie. It's an amazing shot to them when Markov wires it through like that. Just the usual idiot Montreal fans.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
The play looked scary and I think everyone thought the worst (mostly because Gorges appeared not to move for a while) but I think you'll find it was a cut caused by the helmet edge (which itself may have saved his life) .

What I took away from that were the kind words that Gomez had for Josh in the intermission interview. There are very few moments when you get meaningful comments from players about how they feel for one another, and Gomez is more likely to tell it like it is, but I got the impression that Gorges is a guy who is well respected.

When the guy blocks a slapshot with his head in a critical game I guess that statement is totally redundent but good to hear nevertheless.
I knew the team would play very strong when I saw that, you don't watch a teammate get clobbered in the head throwing himself in front of a slapshot and not raise your game unless your team is completely heartless.

Say what you will about Gainey's summer of 2009, but the new team has A LOT more SPIRIT, HEART & PRIDE than the old post lockout crew which was cleared out. This is very important come playoff time. Now if only they could avoid these ridiculous injuries.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:40 AM
MuzzleLoader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Say what you will about Gainey's summer of 2009, but the new team has A LOT more SPIRIT, HEART & PRIDE than the old post lockout crew which was cleared out. This is very important come playoff time. Now if only they could avoid these ridiculous injuries.
I really agree on this and this is why I was quite happy with the changes made in the off-season. When you bring in guys like Gionta and Gill, you know they are gonna play with all the heart they have and give it all most of the games.

MuzzleLoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Galchenyuk27
Fire Therrien

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Agreed completely.

I feel that we do have a better team than we did last season, although not by much, we do.

And as ridiculous as this is going to sound, if we're going to have a team that's good, yet not so good, I'd want to have one with heart, so at least we have that this year.

Yes, I like looking at the positives.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Turboflex*

Also big props to the D last night. Not fantastic game technically, some bad pinches by Markov, and Spacek (on that 4 on 2 goal), but it was a really gutsy game. They were completely gassed playing with 5 men, against by far the most dangerous offence in the league full of very physically strong players, and they gave it 100% throwing themselves all over the ice.

Old
02-11-2010, 10:05 AM
NeilYoung

I'd just like to make a few points even though I know I'm not really welcome
1. I thought Price played solid and made some big saves for you guys
2. Everyone tries to win against us by using a hard fore check and outworking us and honestly Montreal has been the only team successful winning this way against us(this year), very impressed with that. If you guys play like that every game and add Cammaleri and a couple others coming back good things will happen
props for not being cocky about winning and thank you for beating Pittsburgh on saturday

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Galchenyuk27
Fire Therrien

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
2. Everyone tries to win against us by using a hard fore check and outworking us and honestly Montreal has been the only team successful winning this way against us(this year), very impressed with that. If you guys play like that every game and add Cammaleri and a couple others coming back good things will happen
props for not being cocky about winning and thank you for beating Pittsburgh on saturday
Thanks for your observations, I agree. Once Cammalleri comes back from injury as well as Pouliot and Andrei Kostitsyn, if we can stay healthy, things could get interesting.

Hard to tell what's going on with this team at times. We play so awful, and then we come out guns a blazing against one of the best teams in the NHL and beat them...

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 10:15 AM
NeilYoung

Ya obviously I don't follow the team as closely as you
but somehow whenever I watch they always plays good it's weird
Whats Pouliot injured with?
I think with one or two good moves this summer Montreal could win the division next year if you think about it Buffalo's not good Toronto has no offense The bruins look like there going downhill and Ottawa's alright

Old
02-11-2010, 10:46 AM
la25ecoupe

this is scary

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Bryson

Why do you have to post a picture of one of our fallen troopers like that? That's not cool.

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
That picture is messed.

On another note, David Desharnais and I share the same birthday. Though, he's 2 years older than me.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Lizard King*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Seriously, how long until Martin gets Sergei some PP time? This kid has star written all over him! DON'T RUIN HIM.
We ruined Pacioretty by bringing him up to early and playing him too much. Now we're gonna ruin Sergei if we don't play him enough?

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Lizard King*

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
this is scary

That scares me, Gorges is a beast we can't lose him

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:06 AM
number 11

Gorges is practicing today...what a beast!

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
He played the next game after that gauthier hit last year against the kings too. What a champ.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:23 AM
KingRacicot*

Quote:
Thanks for this, CapsGreat. I wish more of these so-called Habs fans were as gracious and noble sounding as you. Good luck to your team. I hope Montreal starts to build a team like yours.

KingRacicot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Kinda funny that a Pens fan was thanking the Canadiens for beating the Capitals . I guess we can make everybody happy.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
The guy is a warrior. But I'm hoping/assuming they checked him at a hospital for a serious head injury?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Habaddict

Quote:
Many hab fans agree with you that this team can win with an agressive forechecking style. Also it's more fun to watch. Unfortunatly,the coach doesn't agree!

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:35 AM
eightyseven

It's pretty amazing that Ovechkin hasn't had that much success against Price in his career. Price is now 2-1-1 against Washington this season which is pretty good.

Ovechkin has pretty much lit up every goalie, including Ryan Miller, Brodeur and MA Fleury the other night.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
It's pretty amazing that Ovechkin hasn't had that much success against Price in his career. Price is now 2-1-1 against Washington this season which is pretty good.

Ovechkin has pretty much lit up every goalie, including Ryan Miller, Brodeur and MA Fleury the other night.

Too much partying in Montreal before the game

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:56 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Kinda funny that a Pens fan was thanking the Canadiens for beating the Capitals . I guess we can make everybody happy.
eh I guess so at least we got a point out of I guess and at least Ovechkin didn't get completely shut down unlike 87

Old
02-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
this is scary

Man, that's not a cool thing to watch, Gorges looks scared of what just happened to him.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
holyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Too much partying in Montreal before the game
Markov does a pretty good job on Ovie too. Only 3 goals in 10 games at the BC when we can get the matchup.

But it seemed like we did not try to match anyone up yesterday. Gill, Hammer and Markov all did a pretty good job on him.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Markov does a pretty good job on Ovie too. Only 3 goals in 10 games at the BC when we can get the matchup.

But it seemed like we did not try to match anyone up yesterday. Gill, Hammer and Markov all did a pretty good job on him.
Yup and Ovie has said it in the past that Markov is the best Dman he's played against.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote