HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Mide-Season Prospect Rankings [#6]

View Poll Results: #6 Red Wings Prospect
(F) Joakim Andersson 1 2.94%
(F) Willie Coetzee 1 2.94%
(F) Cory Emmerton 0 0%
(F) Landon Ferraro 17 50.00%
(F) Andrej Nestrasil 0 0%
(F) Mattias Ritola 2 5.88%
(D) Adam Almqvist 1 2.94%
(D) Brian Lashoff 1 2.94%
(G) Daniel Larsson 5 14.71%
(G) Thomas McCollum 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

vCash: 500
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Ok, so those are reasons why we shouldn't expect as much from Ferraro - I still don't see what he has done to show he either has a higher NHL upside or has a better chance of making the NHL than McCollum does.

If upside and NHL probability aren't the biggest factors in rating prospects, what is?
My expectations for Ferraro are high, and I expected him to be at around a PPG this season.. And he has 35 points in 37 games.. I'd say he's doing just fine at the level he's at right now.. McCollum on the other hand has moved on to pro hockey and has performed well below expectations both in the AHL and even the ECHL, so he's stock has dropped..

Its hard to say how Ferraro will perform when he turns pro, but for now, he's doing just fine in the WHL and thats all we can ask for at the moment, while McCollum is struggling.. Its obviously possible that McCollum can turn things around, but for now, I'd take my chances with Ferraro..

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Harnessed in Slums

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetBigWangs View Post
Lidstrom1-Lidstrom2
Lidstrom3-Lidstrom4
Lidstrom5-Lidstrom6

Sounds like a team to me
Ha, I thought about this after posting my comment on cloning. And my first thought, being completely 100% serious, was "well they'll need to find a way to monkey with the DNA so they get three right-shooting Lidstroms and three left-shooting Lidstroms".

It seems like I have far too much time on my hands but I swear that really isn't the case.

Harnessed in Slums is online now   Reply With Quote