HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kreider #1 Play on Sportscenter, in Beanpot Final Game (BC Won 4-3) YT #3

Old
02-11-2010, 01:29 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
You obviously have no appreciation for the ability this kid has already shown at 18.
You obviously have no appreciation for my point.

Is he helping the Rangers?

Thought not.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 03:48 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post

Thought not.
Ok dude anything you say.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Crease

Quote:

Thought not.
Would you rather him be regressing? Or are you completely indifferent between him getting better and him getting worse?

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 06:03 PM
eco's bones

Whether Kreider is actually on the Rangers or not--he is their property--at least in a hockey sense and there also is a dynamism to his game not apparent in most of even the better prospects around the league. IMO he fills the gap for the loss of Cherepanov. He is the forward with the most upside of anyone in our system including Grachev and Stepan. I do forsee him being an impact player in 2-3 years at the NHL level barring some unforseen event. The current 09-10 Rangers team in any case is at this point beyond saving as far as I'm concerned. I'm of the opinion that any attempt to recusitate this season by bringing in more NHL vets will not make us a contender in any real respect but would be far more likely to harm us long term. Next year doesn't look all that bright either--at least as of now.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Whether Kreider is actually on the Rangers or not--he is their property--at least in a hockey sense and there also is a dynamism to his game not apparent in most of even the better prospects around the league. IMO he fills the gap for the loss of Cherepanov. He is the forward with the most upside of anyone in our system including Grachev and Stepan. I do forsee him being an impact player in 2-3 years at the NHL level barring some unforseen event. The current 09-10 Rangers team in any case is at this point beyond saving as far as I'm concerned. I'm of the opinion that any attempt to recusitate this season by bringing in more NHL vets will not make us a contender in any real respect but would be far more likely to harm us long term. Next year doesn't look all that bright either--at least as of now.
yeah, right now youd have to say weve got 5 really good prospects on their way up...Stepan, Grachev, Kreider, McDonagh, and Sanguinetti...thats as good as any top 5 in terms of prospects that any team has especially for those who havent been selecting in the top 5 every damn year.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:18 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Would you rather him be regressing? Or are you completely indifferent between him getting better and him getting worse?
The latter. I'm completely indifferent. Dawes "developed." Korpikoski "developed." Malhotra "developed." Hell, even Lundmark "developed." What did any of this mean to the Rangers? And these are all guys who developed far enough to actually play at the NHL level. There are a ton more who "developed" but never far enough to go beyond the ECHL (e.g. Falardeau) or AHL (e.g. Brendl).

It's great that Kreider's showing more against other college kids, but it means nothing to the Rangers, so it means nothing to me.

With any luck and continued development, he'll be a kid worth celebrating as a Ranger fan in a few years.

I recognize that I'm in a distinct minority in this, and that's fine. I understand that some take this personally and actually seem to get angry that Kreider isn't considered a great Ranger marvel, and that's fine, too. Each to his own.

My "own" is simply this: I've watched "can't miss" prospects miss by the score over the years. I'm a Ranger fan, so wake me up when the "can't miss" prospect is playing for the Rangers.

Old
02-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
The latter. I'm completely indifferent. Dawes "developed." Korpikoski "developed." Malhotra "developed." Hell, even Lundmark "developed." What did any of this mean to the Rangers? And these are all guys who developed far enough to actually play at the NHL level. There are a ton more who "developed" but never far enough to go beyond the ECHL (e.g. Falardeau) or AHL (e.g. Brendl).

It's great that Kreider's showing more against other college kids, but it means nothing to the Rangers, so it means nothing to me.

With any luck and continued development, he'll be a kid worth celebrating as a Ranger fan in a few years.

I recognize that I'm in a distinct minority in this, and that's fine. I understand that some take this personally and actually seem to get angry that Kreider isn't considered a great Ranger marvel, and that's fine, too. Each to his own.

My "own" is simply this: I've watched "can't miss" prospects miss by the score over the years. I'm a Ranger fan, so wake me up when the "can't miss" prospect is playing for the Rangers.
i guess this comes down to you being a fan of the new york rangers...and a lot of us being fans of the entire Rangers organization...caring what happens from the kids to the ownership...

its a valid response and a mindset...just not sure why we need to hear about it 500 times in this thread. it is what it is, you dont have to defend yourself beyond that.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:28 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
and a lot of us being fans of the entire Rangers organization
Meh. That depends entirely on how one chooses to define "Ranger organization." Is Kreider being coached by the Rangers? Taught by the Rangers organization? Managed by the Rangers? Supervised by the Rangers? Paid by the Rangers? Medically cared for by the Rangers?

For all practical purposes, he's part of the "Ranger organization" in name only, just as Cherepanov was when he died as "part of the Rangers organiztion."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
it is what it is, you dont have to defend yourself beyond that.
Oh I agree, but new people seem to want to keep jumping in on the conversation, so I respond. Far be it from me to deny them their two cents.

Old
02-11-2010, 11:48 PM
eco's bones

I've always thought Dedalus to be one of the most interesting opinions here and a lot more often than not agree with what he's saying. I'm not sure I completely understand where he's coming from here but that's more my loss.

As currently constructed unless the Rangers can get rid of some excess baggage I think we're in for some lean years. At least the next couple and judging by last year's free agent spree--with the exception of Gaborik and basically the good value for Prospal the other free agents have all been disasters. Sather has not given me a lot of confidence that he's going to finally get it. By the time Drury and Rozsival's contracts are over guys like Kreider, Grachev, Stepan and McDonagh may already be in place or very close--at least one would hope.

To me the point with Kreider is he's still continuing to get better. At least in some of the other cases cited Lundmark for instance--those players plateaued almost immediately after we drafted them. Jessiman and Brendl would be two other guys. Their best years were their draft years. IMO Malhotra was just rushed. Kreider seems just to be getting started and seems to have potential to do much more.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote