HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Southern Hospitality; Chatty, chat, chat

Old
02-10-2010, 10:24 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

vCash: 500
OT: Southern Hospitality; Chatty, chat, chat

So I have seen a couple other team forums on HF that have threads dedicated to having the fans get to know each other, and I wanted to have one too. A lot of us probably see each other at the games and don't even know it! I'll introduce myself first...

My name is Raven, I'm 21, and I go to Belmont University. My major is Music Business because growing up I always just knew I'd be a musician or be in the music industry. I have played in numerous bands all my life and still play my guitar and piano in my spare time. However now that I have "grown up" a little bit, I realize that I probably won't do anything in music. I have learned to accept that I am not talented enough nor have the drive to make it in such an industry. I am not changing my major because I am a second semester junior and what really matters is getting the degree, but I am toggling between added a mathematics minor or an education minor because I am entertaining the idea of becoming a teacher. I adore children and my main job is babysitting. I work with the first and second graders at my church every Sunday and love it so much. I grew up in Nashville so all my family is here, and my parents and I go to every hockey game together. I am fortunate to come from a hockey loving family so we can share in that together. My other favorite teams are the Penguins and the Sharks.

Oh, and by the way, my username is supposed to be Sab-er (you know, for our mascot) with Pekka and Ellis' numbers, but this message board automatically makes it Sabre for the Buffalo Sabres. Boo.

And here's a picture of me with my favorite player.

That was way more about me than a lot of people probably cared to know, but oh well. Your turn!

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 06:03 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Ah, why not. You hit on my favorite topic. Me.

I'm John. I'm 25. I graduated from MTSU in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and a minor in Business Law. I work as service coordinator for the secondary AT&T Fleet garage in Nashville. We keep AT&T moving. If you've ever seen an AT&T vehicle driving around odds are I've driven it, been in it, under it, or on it.

When work doesn't have me I'm usually out fishing or doing some other form of outdoorsy activity. I love growing my garden during the spring (I actually got lost in my own corn last year and screamed for Shoeless Joe Jackson to save me), I make homemade wine, am pretty good at target shooting, and can usually think up a quote from the Simpsons to fit any given situation. I'm only 25 years old but love music from the '50s and '60s. I once broke a radio because someone tried to play rap music on it (Seriously, that happened).

Until late 2006 I hated hockey. I thought it was boring. Then a buddy of mine, who happens to be on these boards, started talking about the Predators. Mild interest ballooned into organized insanity and I just bought my first set of season tickets last year. I'll be renewing them after the season. I also have in my room/office/truck Predators bobbleheads, beer pitchers, coffee mugs, wristbands, jerseys, pants, pucks, license plates, posters, calendars and probably some underwear if I were to really dig through the closet.

I looked for a picture of myself and couldn't find one that didn't make me look like a danger to myself or others.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 06:25 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I'm Justin. Also 25. I'm the friend mentioned in the above post who turned John into a hockey-mad monster who recently said, "Ok yeah football is over. Now everyone focus on the Stanley Cup." The same person who was nothing-but football a few short years ago (though much of the credit probably belongs to him coming in during the 06-07 elite season and his first live game being a play off match).

Anyway, back to me. I'm a poorly educate, highly offensive, usually intoxicated male who works with steel by day and pretend to be tougher because of it by night. The only interests I really have that aren't completely self-centered are reading, drinking, playing guitar (like everyone else), drinking, and everything Sarah Palin. (I also love saying incredibly stupid things in an attempt to get a cheap laugh because I have no real wit. See Also: 'everything Sarah Palin')

I've been a hockey fan since I was eight years old. I grew up amazed at the things Mario Lemieux and Jaramir Jagr could do when on the ice together, so I naturally became a Penguins fan. I still like them, but I could do without hearing another word from/about Cindy Crosby. My first live hockey game was at the Municipal Auditorium watching the Knights. I saw a few Knights game and a few Nighthawks games before the Preds came to town. In their first season I saw my first NHL game live. We lost 3-2, but I was just happy to be there.

Ok... three of us have done it. Next!

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:09 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
I'm Michael. I'm thirty-none of your business. I work in Customer Service for the Official Tire of the NHL and am pretty excited about the new naming rights issues going on with the GEC/Den. I like the name Den, btw. Idk who thought of it, but it's nice.

I have 2 boys, 1 wife, 2 dogs, 4 guitars, 1 bass (not the fish), and when the allergies are not killing me, I can sing pretty well. I share a last name with a Nashville Predator, but as far as I know his family from northern Ontario is not related to mine from south Florida.

My first professional hockey game was Avs at Preds sometime in 2000 or 2001. We got smoked. I wasn't hooked until I took my bro-in-law, from Lansing - Wings fan - to a Wings at Preds game about a year later. We won!! He was a little bummed. Made the "we let you win because we felt bad for you" moan and I rubbed his face in it. It's been downhill ever since. Texts backs and forth on game day and everything. Good times!

GO PREDS!!

quartermaster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:22 PM
PredsChik

I'm Kelly. I'm 24. Currently I'm a receptionist who does way more than just answering phones to keep a body shop running. I love country music and traveling (usually to see the Preds play) and typically get caught up watching other hockey games, travel tv, and food network as I sit at home to save money to afford games. I knew nothing about hockey until January 2007 and then it kind of took over from there. My sister and I bought season tickets during the Balls scare of 07-08 and I have had them since. Pucks, pictures, hockey stick, bobble heads, and other things I've brought back from other arenas make up my room and newspaper clippings make up my office. Glad to know I'm not the only obsessive fanatic around.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:32 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
I work as service coordinator for the secondary AT&T Fleet garage in Nashville. We keep AT&T moving. If you've ever seen an AT&T vehicle driving around odds are I've driven it, been in it, under it, or on it.
I wonder if you've been to my house. We've had the "AT&T guy" come out numerous times to fix our phone lines.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 10:43 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I go to Belmont University. !
never have seen you before. i run the curb, corner court, whats bruin and sometimes the caf. come introduce yourself sometime

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 01:52 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Ah, why not. You hit on my favorite topic. Me.

I'm John. I'm 25. I graduated from MTSU in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and a minor in Business Law. I work as service coordinator for the secondary AT&T Fleet garage in Nashville. We keep AT&T moving. If you've ever seen an AT&T vehicle driving around odds are I've driven it, been in it, under it, or on it.

When work doesn't have me I'm usually out fishing or doing some other form of outdoorsy activity. I love growing my garden during the spring (I actually got lost in my own corn last year and screamed for Shoeless Joe Jackson to save me), I make homemade wine, am pretty good at target shooting, and can usually think up a quote from the Simpsons to fit any given situation. I'm only 25 years old but love music from the '50s and '60s. I once broke a radio because someone tried to play rap music on it (Seriously, that happened).

Until late 2006 I hated hockey. I thought it was boring. Then a buddy of mine, who happens to be on these boards, started talking about the Predators. Mild interest ballooned into organized insanity and I just bought my first set of season tickets last year. I'll be renewing them after the season. I also have in my room/office/truck Predators bobbleheads, beer pitchers, coffee mugs, wristbands, jerseys, pants, pucks, license plates, posters, calendars and probably some underwear if I were to really dig through the closet.

I looked for a picture of myself and couldn't find one that didn't make me look like a danger to myself or others.

I like your sense of humor.

My name is Predfan24, yes I know it's a vanilla name but when I first registered here I was only planning on doing a lot of lurking and not much posting but I just couldn't help myself after awhile. I'm 23 and I would tell you my real name but I am pretty entrenched in the hockey community here in Nashville ( Preds, Adult and Youth hockey) and if I told you my name it would only be a matter of time before someone figured me out and while I swear to you even if everyone here knew me I would still post the exact same way I enjoy the anonymity.

Like a lot of kids growing up in TN I didn't pay too much attention to hockey and I never considered playing it. I was a casual Preds fan once they got here but nothing hardcore. I was def more of a titans fan. I'm pretty much a jerd. I've always been a jock and sorduf a nerd. Needless to say I have been called weird plenty of times. I prefer the word unique though. I played a lot of Basketball and Baseball growing up and was pretty good at both. As a kid and into my early teens I played pretty high level baseball and was often either on same team as or was playing against David Price. The Vanderbilt product who went 1st in the MLB draft in 2007. However I became sick of baseball and really became an obsessive Basketball player. That was a mistake. I MABYE had a chance to play college ball had I stuck with it. As for basketball I was good and very athletic but once I started playing a high level in Highschool I realized as a 5'10 White kid I wasn't going anywhere with taller, better and more athletic players. Everyday I think about my little brother and am jealous as he has been able to play hockey his whole life. I wish I would've had that opportunity. Even though I am much worse at hockey than any other sport Ive played it is without a doubt the most fun sport Ive ever played.

Like I said I was a casual supporter of Preds until 03-04 I went to games but I didn't follow the team seriously till my dad took me to the playoffs against DRW in 03-04. That was AMAZING. I had never felt energy like that and I had been to just about every big game the Titans had ever been to at that point. Unfortunately the lockout ruined that momentum. However when we signed Kariya and went on that 9 game winning streak to start 05-06 I was hooked again and never looked back. Now I signed up for a seat in the club level using the 2/20 plan. Sometimes I wonder if that was a smart move but I always come back to the reasoning that I love the Preds and want to support them anyway possible. It would make it easier to keep giving the Preds my hard earned money if they could win a road playoff game and make it to the 2nd round for once. Is that too much to ask!!!?????

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Predaleafs

Well might as well

Hey, My name is Mathew born and raised just outside of toronto. i am an 18 year old kid who bleeds hockey. I am currently out of school and am looking to become a sports journalist for a hockey team. I always figured that my passion for writing and my passion for hockey could be usefull together.i have never seen the glory days for any of my teams. Hockey comes first in my sports list as well as the Preds. I was raised on the leafs untill this year un i opened my eyes to see how jaded they cna be. To me hockey is should be about the love of the game and in toronto some people dont get that.

I used to play hockey till some jacka** decided to two hand swing to the back of my knee because i was better (not to gloat i knew the kid from school). My knee has been f**ked every since and it is harder to play. I play recreationally with buddies.

My user name would be my 2 favorite teams. Preds and Leafs. Ya i know i said i left them but i will always have a soft spot for them. 16 years cant be thrown out. My favorite players are Matt Stajan,Cody Franson and Mike Santorelli. I For some reason dont pick main stream guys like ovechkin but rather guys who play the game for love.

Well thats abit about me

Predaleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 05:55 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

"The Den" was a nickname for the arena thought up by John and myself I'm sure at some ungodly hour like all of the rest of our good ideas.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:11 AM
RollingPredFan

I guess I am the only old fart here

I'm Scott, I'm 42, I used to live in Nashville, now I live in Florida. I am a musician as well, or at least I think I am. I play guitar instrumentals and I come from the 80's when men used hairspray and wore spandex and when songs actually had guitar solos lol.

If you'd to hear what I sound like you can visit my myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/scottlanders but if you don't like my music don't tell me, I have a fragile ego

I am also about to attend a local junior college, trying for an associate degree in Internet Service Technology.

My username is RollingPredFan because I get around in a wheelchair. I wasn't a big hockey fan until about when the Preds traded for Sully and they went to the playoffs. Now I am hooked and try and see them when I can come up to Nashville but mainly watch center ice.

Nice to meet you all

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:24 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

I'm Chris. I am 31, married with 3 kids: Jordin Christopher (almost 4) Macy Alexandra (2) and Colin Nikolai (11 months). Yes I convinced my wife to use hockey names. I love her.
I am a Budget Analyst (the Government description for accountant). My first live hockey game was the Nashville Fliers (sp). First Preds game was the Halloween game in 98 against the Avs.
I guess I have always been a hockey fan and didnt know it. I have always had hockey video games like NHL for the NES, Gretzky Hockey and NHL 94. I still play NHL 10 for the PS3. I really got into hockey after the lockout. I guess I could see what I was missing.
I would consider myself a professional lurker as my post count will attest, but I am on here everyday.

Last edited by ffwrx: 02-11-2010 at 11:02 AM.
ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 10:19 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
Macy Alexandra
My youngest sister is a Macy, she's 11. I fully plan on using hockey names as well, which I assume I'll have to be the one doing convincing. lol

Old
02-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

My name is Hunter. I'm 32... (lies, lies I tell you ... hehe)
A relative newcomer to hockey (begun watching it in '95-'96 WCF) ... Needless to say Claude Lemieux is a dirt bag in my book, but I'm not a Wings fan. All I can say is Go Preds ... My first live hockey game was a year or two before the lockout ... was fortunate enough to take in Game 5 of the '04 SCF (Tampa - Calgary) & the Winter Classic in Chicago ... probably one of the few Nashvillians that doesn't listen to country music

Last edited by Joe T Choker: 02-11-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: freaking incorrect spelling
Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:17 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

What's up? I'm a 22 year old police officer here in good ol'e Chattanooga, TN. Became a hockey fan December of 09. Ya I know, 3 months ago. When I was in COlumbus, visiting some friends. We were all looking for something to do, and I saw the Preds were in town. None of us ever been to a hockey game before so we gave it a try. The best thing I have ever done. I didn't think it would be too much fun. But me and my buddies started trash talking within the first quarter.Of course my home team won. Been living Preds Hockey ever since. As of now, I couldn't honestly tell you which is better between NHL and SEC football. Because I've been living SEC football ever since I was born. But hockey is definitely on the rise. Haha. Anyways, I also have a myspace page, were kinda a big deal. HAHA!.

myspace.com/thelaurelridgerydas

let me know what ya think

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 02:40 PM
jlsg

Let's just say I'm older then anyone so far. As a kid I went to Minnesota North Star games and watched players like Gump Worsley and Bill Goldsworthy. My name is Jay and I play adult league games at A-Game. I've coached hockey and have been a fan for well over 40 years. I am the Principle Software Architect at PureSafety which is an online occupational health and safety training company.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Brian, 25, from Kentucky. Got my master's at Belmont and currently work for Ticketmaster (ticketmonster, ticketbastard, etc.) I became a fan after my dad's company gave him tickets and brought us down here, probably 10 or so years ago now.

Play in the adult league at Centennial and looking forward to a matchup with an opposing center, you might know him as "utmfisher."

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 06:22 PM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
Play in the adult league at Centennial and looking forward to a matchup with an opposing center, you might know him as "utmfisher."
GO MUTINY!!!

Old
02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

I'm Kenneth, I'll be 36 Feb 22. I'm married have a daughter that just turned 5 monday. Took some college classes (Vol State) never got a degree. Grew up in Macon county now live in Crossville. Work in a warehouse here in town.

Why does it seem like I'm filing out a profile on a dating site. (how I met my wife BTW)

Churh family sm.jpg

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:09 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I wonder if you've been to my house. We've had the "AT&T guy" come out numerous times to fix our phone lines.
Probably not me, although I may know the guy who did come out. I work with the vehicles instead of customers. We make sure all the AT&T vehicles are in good condition so the technicians can get around town. It's a division of AT&T called AT&T SouthEast Fleet.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:41 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
that guy sucks worse than belak

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Hi. I'm a spy.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:24 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Hi. I'm a spy.

I can confirm this accusation. But we WILL convert you from the incompetance of Columbus!

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:44 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Brian, 25, from Kentucky. Got my master's at Belmont and currently work for Ticketmaster (ticketmonster, ticketbastard, etc.) I became a fan after my dad's company gave him tickets and brought us down here, probably 10 or so years ago now.

Not a center anymore! Been playing D for a while now! So now mr. center has to meet mr. blueliner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
GO MUTINY!!!
see, she knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
that guy sucks worse than belak
it's because he has an awful d-partner.

I am Brian, 26, from Nashville. I went to college at UT-Martin to play baseball. Got hooked on hockey back in 94-95 when the Red Wings were shown on ESPN all the time. As soon as Nashville got a team back in 98, became a Preds fan immediately. I am now working for a large college/medical school that is over by West End. Been there for about 2 years now. And yes, I play on the Mutiny in the adult league. I am feared by many.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

vCash: 325
I'm Drake. Almost 25, and I always wondered where the majority of old posters from the Preds boards went so, here I am now. I was born and raised near Nashville, lived in California for awhile, moved back to Nashville for a year and now I live near Fort Lauderdale as I got an internship with the Florida Panthers. However naturally my Pred allegiance carries on despite working with another team.

Me and my dad have had season tickets since 98 and even when I'm not around my tickets still get used. (cant waste them). My first NHL game was the inaugural game on Oct. 10, 98 against Florida (ironic). I grew up liking all sports but I got a head start on hockey more than a lot of kids in Nashville did. My dad is from Chicago and grew up a Hawks fan, so naturally I kinda called them my favorite team before we got the Preds.

I like pretty much every sport and I have a sad tradition of following teams that suck on a yearly basis and have never won a title in their sports, and in some cases have never even come close (purely coincidental) .

NHL - Preds
MLB - Padres
NFL - Chargers
NBA - Clippers

So as you can see my sports fandom is riddled with negativity and losing records. However I try keeping the faith, and I remain positive as often as I can.

And I'm pretty cool also.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote