HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SpEKulation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2010, 09:49 AM
  #226
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
This is a very good post. But I wouldn't lump Stepan or Kreider in the untouchable group just yet.
I only do it becasue:

Stepan has an elite level of hockey IQ.

He's not the greatest skater, but he's so good at reading and anticipating the play that he gets where he needs to be to make the big play, both offensively and defensively.

He also has very good hands, is a very good passer, and has leadership qualities.


Kreider's package of skill, size, speed, strength is rare. Very, very rare.

He may be raw right now, but this kid was a high school student less then a year ago. Since then, he was a 1st round pick, MAJOR contributor to a Gold Medal WJC team facing the best in the world at his age group, and been breaking out at the NCAA level in the last few weeks, including a huge, highlight reel goal in the Beanpot Final.

The kid has effort, character, strong mental capacity, good positionally.

Before he was drafted a comparison to a faster Eric Staal was made, that I agreed with, and I still agree with.


These two are as close to "untouchable" prospects as they get, without being top 10 picks. For the Rangers anyway.


If I had to choose only two prospects I'd deem "untouchable" it would be them.

Also, the bonding experience they had at the WJC is priceless. You can't buy that kind of chemisrty. You can't buy that kind of bond. Like Richter and Leetch essentially growing up together on the international stage, and in the Rangers system.

If Wisconsin by some miracle wins the NCAA championships, I would go out of my way to keep McDonagh, too.

Kids growing together, winning championships together, both league, and international, is a bond and chemisrty you can't buy. You keep that bond together long term.


A reason why Emerson Etem MAY be a good pick (if we don't get a top 3 to get Fowler) because he will be playing with Kreider at the WJC in Buffalo, and they have a good shot at winning Gold again.


And thus, is the importance of building your team from within. Instead of hiring heartless mercenaries every year.


Stepan->McDonagh
Stepan->Kreider->Bourque
???Kreider->Bourque->Etem???
Dubinsky->Callahan->Girardi(Callahan's best friend).

That's the kind of chemisrty I like to see growing together.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 01:09 PM
  #227
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
More from the fraud

Quote:
*Donald Brashear is on waivers. The Rangers are still talking to teams and I would bet they doo something today. Horton from Florida, Moreau from Edm, and Nolan from Minnesota are names I have hearing...
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...y-Lexy/1/26220

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
  #228
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Moreau and Nolan

I dont see how they would be interested in them.


Last edited by Dredden: 02-11-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 02:48 PM
  #229
allstar3970
Registered User
 
allstar3970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SI Ranger View Post
Moreau and Nolan

I dont see how they would be interested in them.
I was just looking at the roster and said to myself "you know what we need? more 3rd liners!"

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 03:16 PM
  #230
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater
 
Panfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
First of all, I'm not going to get into a personal argument if that's what you're after.

Secondly, I don't "bash" Callahan. I, unlike a big portion of fans, see Callahan for what he really is. A thiurd liner with limited upside, that may, or may not, get by because of his effort, rather then his skill.

I also never once, ever, said I dislike Callahan. In fact I repeatedly said I love the guy.

What I dislike, is people clamouring over him like he's the second coming. Like he will be the player to lead the Rangers to Cups. Like he is an elite player. He's a grinder, PK specialist. Nothing more. He lacks the hands, vision, and creativity to be a legitimate top six player.

Jed Ortmeyer was one of my favorite players, doesn't mean I blindly have to claim him to be more then what he is, and when the Rangers let him go, I didn't care because I knew he wasn't a big factor in the big picture.

Callahan should not hold up a trade for a emensly gifted player.

In other words, in no way, shape, or form, should he be "untouchable".

That doesn't mean I hate him or want him gone.

I prefer to keep him as long as his effort is there.

Same with Dubinsky. Same with Gilroy. Same with Anisimov.

The only guys I'd label truly "untouchable" are the truly gifted players: Gaborik, Lundqvist, Del Zotto, Staal, Stepan, Kreider.

That would probably be the end of the list.

But that doesn't mean I'd trade anyone else, either.

And, Wow, Jokinen made a bad play. You think there is a hockey player on the planet that never makes a bad play? That supports your argument? That today in one of the TEAM'S worst games of the season, he made a bad play?

The fact is that he doesn't do it majority of the time, like say, Redden, or Rozsival, or Lisin, which every shift is an adventure.

The guy isn't lazy, either, and the suggestion was he's playing like he doesn't want to be here, which is bull ****.

He has been a consistent 30+ goal scorer on terrible teams his whole career. Guys who score 30 goals consistently are not lazy, or unmotivated. Like him running the game plan at the bench last night.

I never suggested we break the bank to keep him around.

I simply said he is a solid hockey player.

That's pretty much the end of the argument, I don't feel like arguing about Olli ****ing Jokinen. Or why Callahan isn't Adam Graves.
This. Over and over again. The only thing I'd change is that I believe Dubinsky's talent is actually somewhat reputable. But he's still not the 1st liner that everyone wants to make him out to be. Stepan I wouldn't clarify as untouchable, but Kreider I can see making a big impact on the Rangers' future.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
  #231
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,852
vCash: 500
Dominic Moore apparently dealt to Montreal for a pick per TSN.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:38 PM
  #232
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26
 
Lion Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Dominic Moore apparently dealt to Montreal for a pick per TSN.
Thank god that pacifist didn't come back to NY!

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
  #233
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
so we thinking no Ranger movement by 3pm Fri?

Also I find it funny former Ranger 4th line C's in the news, Betts 2 more yrs in Philly and Moore to Montreal

How about something like Rozsival and Lisin for Staios and Moreau........salary evens out, both teams change personnel

How about a Dman from Detroit , Meech or Lebda for a pick and send down Gilroy? They are looking to active Lilja after the break


Last edited by Vitto79: 02-11-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:44 PM
  #234
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SI Ranger View Post
Moreau and Nolan

I dont see how they would be interested in them.
Nolan for Redden, Moreau for Drury. gitterdun!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:57 PM
  #235
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so we thinking no Ranger movement by 3pm Fri?

Also I find it funny former Ranger 4th line C's in the news, Betts 2 more yrs in Philly and Moore to Montreal

How about something like Rozsival and Lisin for Staios and Moreau........salary evens out, both teams change personnel

How about a Dman from Detroit , Meech or Lebda for a pick and send down Gilroy? They are looking to active Lilja after the break
I wouldn't do that personally, it just giving them our garbage and replacing them with worse garbage. Unless they are UFA after this year then that's the only way I'd do that deal.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:59 PM
  #236
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
This. Over and over again. The only thing I'd change is that I believe Dubinsky's talent is actually somewhat reputable. But he's still not the 1st liner that everyone wants to make him out to be. Stepan I wouldn't clarify as untouchable, but Kreider I can see making a big impact on the Rangers' future.
For right now, Stepan is definitely "untouchable." The kid just continues to get better and better. A recent example was his stellar performance in the WJC's where he was Captain of USA the Gold winners. He put up the points among some of the most talented youngsters around. So for right now he is untouchable.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.