HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booing Kovalchuk?

View Poll Results: Would you boo Kovalchuk when he comes back to Atlanta?
No, he does not deserve it. 55 67.90%
Yes, he should get booed mercilessly. 19 23.46%
No, but I wouldn't be upset if other people did. 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Aaronxxx

vCash: 500
when the puck drops, he's the enemy. that's how i can boo him.

Old
02-07-2010, 06:20 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
I have no idea why anyone would boo him, either.

Old
02-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
That would be really strage if alot of people did, but I don't think he deserves it even tough he just plays for another team. If he would have been a player I disliked in the first place for some reason, yes. But he was the face of this team for so long and did so many good things for this team ...so no I wouldn't boo.

Old
02-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

It will be very interesting if he does score against Atlanta if he celebrates or not.

Old
02-08-2010, 07:16 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
when the puck drops, he's the enemy. that's how i can boo him.
I think the confusion here is the difference between his name announced at the beginning of the game vs. during the game. I'll cheer for him when they call his name at the start, but then it's all business. Anyone wearing red gets booed.

Old
02-08-2010, 07:45 AM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Anyone wearing red gets booed.
If it's Thursday, the team wearing red is us.

wait, your statement is probably correct.

Old
02-08-2010, 08:03 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
If it's Thursday, the team wearing red is us.

wait, your statement is probably correct.
Good point. With those...I'm booing the ugliest jerseys in sports (and maybe the worst ownership), not the players

April 6th is a Tuesday though... Phew!!

Old
02-08-2010, 11:13 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

I've been talking to a lot of my friends who are regulars, looks like there are going to be tons of people there pretty much just to boo him, and it's going to disappoint me greatly. Unless he completely trashed Atlanta on the way out (which he was careful not to) there is no way anything can blemish the 8 years of awesome that I saw him play for us. I really hope we don't boo him, but it seems almost inevitable.

Old
02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Devil View Post
No idea why you would boo him. Especially because he's been the face of your franchise for so long. It'll be emotional enough for the guy when we play you guys.
because for some reason atlanta fans seem to think he has committed a great evil by not re-signing with us. heatley is the only person who has ever played for us that deserves to be booed(and booed unmercifully at that) nobody else, just because hossa and kovalchuk didn't want to play here anymore doesn't mean they deserve to be booed.

Old
02-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
I've been talking to a lot of my friends who are regulars, looks like there are going to be tons of people there pretty much just to boo him...
Things are dire indeed if people of this city only spend money on hockey tickets so they can boo the other team.

Old
02-08-2010, 05:36 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Okay, I call BS. Somewhere along the way people started associating booing a player with not respecting him. If you boo Kovy it doesn't mean you don't respect him. He's a player on the other team now, he deserves to be booed just as much as any other player on said team. Nothing more, nothing less. If I choose to boo him it doesn't make me an ignorant fan that doesn't appreciate his time here in Atlanta. It's like some people have gotten in the mindset that its just morally wrong to boo him just because he played here his whole career until now.

That said, I wouldn't boo him. Not for any specific reason. I never boo players at hockey games. I don't give a crap if others boo him or cheer him, they all have their reasons for doing it.

Old
02-11-2010, 02:08 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashers=cup05 View Post
I for one will not boo him. He set his terms for a contract and the team could not meet then and field a competative team. Point blank it was a business decision and not personal. I honestly believe that Kovy has been through alot more than we all know with this franchise. Maybe one day DW or kovy will write a book and we will know all the little bihnd the sceen things. Personally I wish him good luck and thank him for the memories. I hope he get the first star of the game (but we still win) and they interview him as the first star so that he can finally say good bye to all of us. Good luck kovy. I hope you get your cup.........then come home and bring us ours
I like this response the best. I am not going to boo him, either.

Old
02-11-2010, 02:25 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I was saying "Boo-urns"....

Old
02-11-2010, 07:14 PM
brownvm

Sure, what the hell. I'll boo.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Payinthedues

No booing here. The man served us well for a long time. I think both the franchise and Kovy needed a fresh start. Maybe now we will start playing as a team and not rely on Kovy's one-timer to bail us out. With that said, I want NJ to lose every time we play them and for him to go goalless against us.

Old
02-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Seeing how he plays in NJ, I'll definitely boo him - a total fraud of a hockey player. A high scoring fraud, but still basketball on skates.

The guy did nothing NOTHING to raise the profile of the team as captain. As the franchise player!!! Next to zero charity work, no profile in the community, and his pressers were only talking about how much he loved Atlanta and wanted to have his contract extended.

Well, Ilya...if you freakin' love Atlanta, then why did you rarely come out and show it??? Just hang out with Kozlov and be a shut in at your mansion.

Peverley and Thorburn have done more to help the franchise off the ice than the Former Captain.

Old
02-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Well, Ilya...if you freakin' love Atlanta, then why did you rarely come out and show it??? Just hang out with Kozlov and be a shut in at your mansion.
He just wanted his privacy outside hockey.

Closed Thread