Notices

Anton Khudobin

Old
02-04-2010, 09:09 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
Anton Khudobin

Looks like the kid got called up yesterday. Which also means both Backstrom and Harding will be out due to their injuries/sickness.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/83505227.html

I think the Wild should consider giving him the start tonight over Dubielewicz. Wade was all sorts of bad against Dallas so it can't really get all that worse. Anton would be going against Edmonton in their second of a back-to-back. This would be a good spot to give him a look. It would allow the Wild to slightly assess if they can afford to move Harding as well.

I also found this from short article humorous/interesting...

Quote:
Barry Brust is playing hurt after a first-period injury for Houston. His backup tonight is Jeff Crawford, the Aeros' assistant equipment trainer.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 09:47 AM
BigT2002

And the losing streak will continue at this point. No offense to either Khudobin or Dubie, but I don't foresee them pulling this out

Thanks for the update though bro let the parents go to the game tonight then lol

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 09:54 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Thanks for the update though bro let the parents go to the game tonight then lol
Yep, my fiance and I share a season ticket package with my parents and I just called them up and told them they can take this one...

Old
02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Lifer

So you're saying that our AHL goalies don't stand a chance against Edmonton and their AHL goalies?

It is Edmonton remember?

Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Just seen on Twitter that Russo said Harding is starting now apparently...

Maybe he can make it through warm-ups without getting hurt this time?

Old
02-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Lifer

Could we just put in a shooter tutor and see what happens?

Old
02-06-2010, 11:43 AM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
No Backstrom and now no Harding ??? Whew!! .. Ok ... [deep breaths] ...

Khudobin starting tonight ... I did saw a little of Khudobin in the AHL All-Star game. He looks a little unorthodox. But, that's what they said about Brodeur at first so who knows.

I'll be at the game tonight. Will I see the start of something big for the Wild? ... or something else?

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:45 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Really strong game by Khudobin last night, looks like he should have some NHL game, just hasn't had the opportunity because of 2 very good goalies in front of him.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
BigT2002

Love it when I'm wrong great game to be at as well. Lots of energy

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:48 PM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

Hey guys, Thrashers fan here. I used to work in the ECHL, and whenever the (now defunct) Texas Wildcatters would come to town, I'd love to watch Khudobin. I've watched him very closely for about 2-3 years of his ECHL career, and I've always been impressed by him. Very quick, very unorthodox. Very reminiscent of Nabokov, at least to me, bot in his very upright stance, and his deceptively fast glove hand. The guys I used to know who worked for the Wildcatters said the Khudobin is the funniest, happiest guy in the dressing room; the anti-typical goalie, if you will.

At any rate, just wanted to stop by and say hi, and give you a little idea about Anton. Hope he shines in his time in Minnesota. I know he will.

RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
Hey guys, Thrashers fan here. I used to work in the ECHL, and whenever the (now defunct) Texas Wildcatters would come to town, I'd love to watch Khudobin. I've watched him very closely for about 2-3 years of his ECHL career, and I've always been impressed by him. Very quick, very unorthodox. Very reminiscent of Nabokov, at least to me, bot in his very upright stance, and his deceptively fast glove hand. The guys I used to know who worked for the Wildcatters said the Khudobin is the funniest, happiest guy in the dressing room; the anti-typical goalie, if you will.

At any rate, just wanted to stop by and say hi, and give you a little idea about Anton. Hope he shines in his time in Minnesota. I know he will.
The first thing I thought of when he came into the game against Edmonton was that he looked like a smaller version of Nabokov. His stance is almost identical at times.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:43 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

He's similar to Giguere in that his equipment is HUGE. Holy God, he looks like the Stay Puft Marshmellow man.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Surly Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post

The Wild beat writer Mike Russo also got a kick out of him. He looks like a real gamer out there, which I like.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
The Wild beat writer Mike Russo also got a kick out of him. He looks like a real gamer out there, which I like.
You have alluded to one of the most important attributes of a goalie. Regardless of anything else, size, skill, angles, reflexes, flexibility, speed, agility, etc., a goalie has to be a gamer or a battler. The goalie needs to be the most intense and focused person on the ice. They need to be the one to say, "I am in control of this situation." It's why goalies like Roy, Brodeur are/were so successful in the playoffs and why goalies like Turco aren't.