Thrashers Player Rumors + Offers

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Ashe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangethrasher View Post
I don't know if I'd like that. First, I don't think he's going to draw anything close to that, unless he's the Stanley Cup MVP or something. I think he'll end up showing exactly what kind of player he is and people won't write off his issues as just because he's with the Thrashers.

More and more I'm thinking I'd rather have two $5 million players whose goals/points add up to Kovalchuk's. Sure, it's not the same in many ways. But it's better in as many ways as it is worse.

I like it... if you can't beat him, buy him.

Getting nitty is the one thing we should of been doing at 8-0 against us. Stop us losing points against teams!

Old
02-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Two 20g 30a defensively sound players who can play in all situations and don't coast and wear down opponents are more valuable than a 90 pt. coasting sniper. Period.

In other words, Antropov and Peverley are more important than Kovy.

Old
02-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Ashe

Find a way to get Poni, and maybe use some cash towards marl's if he hits FA this summer?

Old
02-08-2010, 08:23 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
My trade deadline/offseason plan.

Trade:

Pavel Kubina - I think it would be best for Atlanta to cash in on his value and get another first round pick. Thrashers to call up Kulda to replace him/ Schubert off the IR (if fit).

Colby Armstrong - Been disappointing and makes too much for a third liner. Would accept a 2nd round pick or a younger cheaper 3rd liner in return.

Todd White - Trade to anyone whom has interest. Would accept a 3rd round pick or maybe as a throw-in for Lehtonen deal.

Kari Lehtonen - Trade to Dallas or St Louis given they are interested. Maybe Lehtonen + White + pick could land Ribeiro? Lehtonen + White + pick for Berglund?

Offseason:

Ilya Kovalchuk - Make the same $100m offer if he is still available.

Pavel Kubina - Re-sign $5mil per season for 2-3 years. Paul Martin and Dan Hamhuis could be a backup option if Thrashers overpay for their services.

Maxim Afinogenov - Re-sign for $2.5mil per season for 2-3 years. Vinny Proposal at same salary could be a good backup plan if Afinogenov choose not to re-sign.

Jim Slater/Christoph Schubert - Re-sign at their current salary.

Alexei Ponkirovsky - Sign $4mil per season for 4 years. May seem a bit of an over payment but Antropov worked well for Atlanta, Poni could do the same. Also I wouldn't mind to trade a 2nd round pick at the deadline (as it has been suggested here) to rent him for the rest of the season.

Antero Nittymaki - Sign $3mil per season for 4 years, release Hedberg (or make him goalie coach). Other UFA goalies to target include Rinne & Mason. Emrey and Turco could be a fallback if we are desparate.

Trade 1st Round Pick to Chicago for Versteeg & Ladd/Byfuglien - Here is where stock piling 1st round picks will be beneficiary for Atlanta. Chicago needs to shed salary and Atlanta can offer a 1st round pick to Chicago for 2 young roster players. I also have some interest in Barker if Kubina signs elsewhere.
Offer Kovy the same $$?! No way. He had his chance. IMO we dodged a bullet (kinda like Campbell). He's an amazing player, but $8.5 for 12 years is too much.

I also don't know why everyone wants to get rid of Kubina. I think he's been our second best player on the entire team (the best is now a Devil) and we'll need him for this years playoff run. I'd love to re-sign him for another 3 years before the season is up. Shubby and Pops are both UFA's. There's plenty of room for Kulda.

Old
02-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Ashe

Kubina resigning should be our number 1 priority, if we can bring poni over, I'd guarentee he would resign with the T.O connection.

Old
02-08-2010, 03:57 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I'd like to have Kubina back... but if we can't, we should be all over getting a 1st rounder for him.

I'd rather have potentially 3 or 4 1st round picks to play with this draft.

Old
02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
pfloyd75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
I'd like to have Kubina back... but if we can't, we should be all over getting a 1st rounder for him.

I'd rather have potentially 3 or 4 1st round picks to play with this draft.
This.

I would love to keep Kubina around for a few years but DW needs to find out if he can be kept. If Kubina has plans to go UFA, and we aren't at least quasi-comfortably in a playoff spot (which is doubtful IMO) AND we can convince him to waive his NTC, then we need to get what we can for him at the deadline. Given what Kovy got as a rental, A 1st and a prospect or young roster player could be doable.

Old
02-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
My trade deadline/offseason plan.

Trade:

Pavel Kubina - I think it would be best for Atlanta to cash in on his value and get another first round pick. Thrashers to call up Kulda to replace him/ Schubert off the IR (if fit).
Trading the teams best defenseman is not likely in the teams best interest.

Quote:
Colby Armstrong - Been disappointing and makes too much for a third liner. Would accept a 2nd round pick or a younger cheaper 3rd liner in return.
I don't understand all the hate for Armstrong. He's the kinda guy that people hate to play against. I'd like to see how he plays over the next few games with Kovalchuck gone.

Quote:
Kari Lehtonen - Trade to Dallas or St Louis given they are interested. Maybe Lehtonen + White + pick could land Ribeiro? Lehtonen + White + pick for Berglund?
Good luck with that. Kari will be lucky to attract a red chip prospect at this point, much less a blue. No way anyone trades a top 6 player for him. Even if you do manage to pack up some trash to send with him.

Quote:
Offseason:

Ilya Kovalchuk - Make the same $100m offer if he is still available.
Hell no. Tell him if he wants to come back here, he can come with his best offer and let the Thrashers match it if they want. I don't want DW to overpay for a guy who turned his back on this team once already.

Quote:
Pavel Kubina - Re-sign $5mil per season for 2-3 years. Paul Martin and Dan Hamhuis could be a backup option if Thrashers overpay for their services.
You're assuming a lot here. Namely, that whoever you just traded Kubina to doesn't want to resign him. You also presume that NJ is willing to let both of their two best defensemen from last year (and maybe this year if Martin weren't hurt) go.

Quote:
Maxim Afinogenov - Re-sign for $2.5mil per season for 2-3 years. Vinny Proposal at same salary could be a good backup plan if Afinogenov choose not to re-sign.
Hell no on both of them. Afinogenov had a career year here. Send him wherever he's wanted whatever can be got for him. Giving him 2.5M over anything is just throwing money down a rathole. Vinny Prospal is 35 and regardless of what you might think of his talents, you don't give 35 year-old players with his record long term contracts.

Jim Slater/Christoph Schubert - Re-sign at their current salary.

Quote:
Alexei Ponkirovsky - Sign $4mil per season for 4 years. May seem a bit of an over payment but Antropov worked well for Atlanta, Poni could do the same. Also I wouldn't mind to trade a 2nd round pick at the deadline (as it has been suggested here) to rent him for the rest of the season.
It's a huge overpayment, but he's an above average player, so I expect DW to make this play, much as I might dislike it.

Quote:
Antero Nittymaki - Sign $3mil per season for 4 years, release Hedberg (or make him goalie coach). Other UFA goalies to target include Rinne & Mason. Emrey and Turco could be a fallback if we are desparate.
Hedberg isn't going anywhere. He's one of the most popular guys int he lockerroom.

Quote:
Trade 1st Round Pick to Chicago for Versteeg & Ladd/Byfuglien - Here is where stock piling 1st round picks will be beneficiary for Atlanta. Chicago needs to shed salary and Atlanta can offer a 1st round pick to Chicago for 2 young roster players. I also have some interest in Barker if Kubina signs elsewhere.
No way that you get both of these players for either 1st rounder. You'd be lucky to get one of them. You have to give something to get something. Nobody wants trash and leftovers for top 6 players.

Old
02-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Toque-trick

Kubina is arguably the best D man we've ever suited up, you have to have "some" veteran presence in the line-up. Like to see us offer 2yrs/3max. The question is will he be willing to sign here or is he at the age where he looking to get one more kick at the Cup with more of an immediate contender?

If you're wanting anything more than last week's edition of the Hockey News for Kari, you have to play him. At this point in time if you have to ship a goalie, Pavs might draw the better return.

Old
02-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Ashe

I also think kubina would like to be here, He's having a quiet great season, playing with his buddy antro(And poni soon!!!)

Old
02-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Hockey Biltong

Keep Kubina. 3 years at the most.
Sign Max to 1.5 for 2/3 years.
Release Pavelec and pay for the best goalie money can buy. 3/4 years max. Pipeline will deliver evetually. Keep Hedeburg as coach at end of year.Kari plays only if he can.Do not resign him.
Bring in the Poni and a centre from Phoenix or Edmonton.
Keep the team as young as possible.
J.Johnson or Byfuglien would be nice too!!!

Old
02-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Ashe

2 down (kovy, lehtonen), more to follow... Thrashers are getting calls for Kozlov, Armstrong, Kubina, Boulton, among others Via @Thefourthperiod

Not complete fire sale, per say. If right deal comes, ATL will "buy" but not for rentals. Thrashers r making moves for next season & beyond

Old
02-10-2010, 05:21 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I don't see why Atlanta would move Boulton unless it's a really good offer, or he's part of a bigger deal. He's a very good role player.

Old
02-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Deal Armstrong for sure we have 3 guys roughly that can take his place/role, Spencer Machacek, Cormier, and to a lesser extent Joey Crabb.

Old
02-10-2010, 05:36 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Why would anyone want a Kozlov rental? I do not get it.

Old
02-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Sabreality

i'd like to get back a younger, RFA winger for Army instead of a pick..maybe someone who could use a change of scenery, but is still a legit NHLer...ex. MacArthur in Buffalo...Hensick in Colorado...Purcell in LA...their rights would be controlled by us if we decided to re-sign them and they wouldnt command much of a raise.

theres no guarantees any winger in our system will be ready to contribute next year.

Old
02-10-2010, 08:57 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
2 down (kovy, lehtonen), more to follow... Thrashers are getting calls for Kozlov, Armstrong, Kubina, Boulton, among others Via @Thefourthperiod

Not complete fire sale, per say. If right deal comes, ATL will "buy" but not for rentals. Thrashers r making moves for next season & beyond
this

finally i think this is going to be the best re-building period ever. I might finally start taking Waddell serious.

Old
02-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Ashe

Its not even a rebuild. We have the pieces, We just needed to solve a few issues on this team. Goaltending has to be next though.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:52 PM
amazing_oilers

Any interest in Moreau or Staois? I really think both of these guys would be better on a team in a playoff hunt and both are signed for next season. In Staois you get your former captain who knows the city and who's a decent 5th dman, and in Moreau you get another gritty forward that can play 3rd line and kill penalties. Any chance you think the Thrashers would send a pick or 2 Edmonton's way for these guys?

Old
02-11-2010, 11:15 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

No. I wouldn't touch those guys.

The freeze is 3pm EST tomorrow. Think we will make a move?

Old
02-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Why would anyone want a Kozlov rental? I do not get it.
playoff experience and he could be helpful in shootouts during the stretch run for a team still battling for a spot.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Aaronxxx

we could claim brashear and get real big real quick

Old
02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
we could claim brashear and get real big real quick
Brashear shouldnt even be in the league at this point, subpar fighter who's heart isnt into it and he cant skate a lick.

2 hours til Olympic deadline..i hope DW is at least working the phones.

Closed Thread