HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Parse back to Manchester

Old
02-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Cruel11
Classless Kings

vCash: 500
Parse back to Manchester

Quote:
Scott Parse has been assigned to Manchester of the AHL. Otherwise, the Kings are basically skating as they finished last night’s game…

Smyth-Kopitar-Brown
Frolov-Handzus-Stoll
Clune-Richardson-Simmonds
Ivanans/Moller/Purcell/Harrold
http://lakingsinsider.com/

Edit: Mods you can merge this with Official Trade deadline thread.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Shellz

But, this thread can be discussed about his recent play.
I'm sure the right word be inconsistent used for Parse.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 01:41 PM
RightKinger

I didn't think Parse was playing that poorly...definitely not bad enough to be sent down. He actually put up some decent numbers unlike every other scrub that we have called up over the years. So this probably means trade right?

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
The Richard Simmonds line lives.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 01:46 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Can players still be sent to the AHL after noon today. It be nice to send Moller and Clune down while the NHL is on break.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
Can players still be sent to the AHL after noon today. It be nice to send Moller and Clune down while the NHL is on break.
That should be allowed, I believe you just cannot trade.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
Parse lost a little of that energy that he had when he was first brought up. Most of his positive plays earlier in the season came off his ability to get on top of guys on the forecheck and creating turnovers. I have not seen that from him in awhile and I bet that DL and TM noticed it too. Just like the last time he got sent down, he needs to realize that 95% isn't good enough. He needs to bring the full package every shift, every game.

Skebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 02:03 PM
funky

I would like to see Moller and Parse stick it out for the next three weeks and be added to the playoff roster.

They have both performed well this far but Parse needs to work on his consistancy and Moller needs some positive offensive re-enforcement he will get by scoring in the AHL.

Next year hopefully Moller can but on 7 to 8 pounds to help him with the NHL.

Not neccessarly a bad thing for Parse.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2045
Not really surprising. TM obviously wasn't happy with Parse's play of late.

Something tells me, we're not going to see Parse for awhile, if at all.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 02:35 PM
William H Bonney

Good for Parse. He can play top minutes every night and not worry about Terry Murray and his constant line changing.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
This makes the Segal move even more curious. Why not just send down Parse and call up Clune? Maybe the Kings knew Dallas would claim Segal and they wanted to get rid of a contract?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Johnny Utah

Clune plays a style of game no one in the Kings organization from top the bottom plays...that is why he is called up...Maybe Clifford, but he is a few years away and more of a light heavyweight...Clune is a middleweight agitator with NHL speed.

Johnny Utah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Clune plays a style of game no one in the Kings organization from top the bottom plays...that is why he is called up...Maybe Clifford, but he is a few years away and more of a light heavyweight...Clune is a middleweight agitator with NHL speed.

I personally was very pleased with Clune's game last night. Even drew a few penalties, something 4th line players can do to help the team if they can't score (Yeah I'm talking to you Ivanans, with your -8 rating and 0 goals 0 assist nightmare)

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 06:32 PM
kkempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
That would have been nice but I don't believe they can now as there is a roster freeze.

kkempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:39 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

I think the Parse move was to get him down to Manchester to play during the break so he can work on what the coaches want him to instead of just practicing.

Parse has been much better than Purcell. Murray pretty much benched him last night after two subpar shifts. Murray didn't even play the kid for a second in pre-season and he came in here and made everyone look stupid. Why don't I hear about Parse's "vision" and the need to get that out there? He would be so much better than Purcell on the power play yet Teddy always got a free pass.

Anyways, DL and TM are idiots if he isn't called back up after the freeze.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:48 PM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
teddy purcell has season tickets to the pressbox, i'm not really sure what your complaint is. if anything, parse is being shown favoritism by going down instead of being benched outright. the reason you don't see complaints about purcell from TM on a regular basis is the same reason you don't see complaints about ivanans: there isn't any point any more. there is use in criticizing parse's game because the potential is obviously there and he's even produced a bit at the nhl level. the criticism for purcell's game came last season and even early in this one.

regardless, parse's play had dipped noticeably in the past few weeks. he won't really be missed for the time being and if he plays well he'll be called back up accordingly.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:51 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k7 View Post
teddy purcell has season tickets to the pressbox, i'm not really sure what your complaint is. if anything, parse is being shown favoritism by going down instead of being benched outright. the reason you don't see complaints about purcell from TM on a regular basis is the same reason you don't see complaints about ivanans: there isn't any point any more. there is use in criticizing parse's game because the potential is obviously there and he's even produced a bit at the nhl level. the criticism for purcell's game came last season and even early in this one.

regardless, parse's play had dipped noticeably in the past few weeks. he won't really be missed for the time being and if he plays well he'll be called back up accordingly.
Before Teddy had his press box tickets, he was kept in the lineup and given top-line opportunities non-stop. Parse has a bad shift and Murray plays him for 7-8 minutes overall if he is lucky.

In 43 less games than Teddy, Parse only has 4 points less. I understand that this team is better than last year's so maybe Parse gets a "break" last season but honestly, tell me that they haven't jerked this guy around. How can you not even put him into a pre-season game? How about the game a few weeks back (maybe the Detroit loss at home?) when he had what I would call a good scoring chance but didn't finish: Murray goes out in the media and says that it should have been a goal so they need to put some more skill on that line. What are you talking about Murray?!?! It wasn't an open net tap-in that Brown always flubs...it was a one-timer from 20 feet out. Also, he has more offensive skill than a lot of guys on the team so the only way to put more offense on that line is to steal talent from one of the lines ahead of his. This looks like the patented "disparage the player in the press" move that the DL regime loves to do before someone is moved out. You have to look hard for a compliment of his game that isn't a backhanded one in some way by Murray.

Oh, and for all of his "weak board play" and "lack of concentration", homeboy is almost at a 0.5 ppg pace as a rookie in limited minutes and his +12 isn't too shabby either. Unless there is a trade coming before the deadline, they are idiots if they don't call him back-up. He's been pretty clutch a few times and LA wouldn't have either of its wins over Detroit this year without him.

Last edited by BigKing: 02-13-2010 at 12:10 PM.
BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:19 PM
mbar

We would send Teddy down if we could but we'd then lose him for nothing via waivers. Parse can go down and up without that risk. Sucks for him but the organization hasn't decided to give up on Purcell yet.

Who knows? Maybe Purcell will be next years Richardson.

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
This makes the Segal move even more curious. Why not just send down Parse and call up Clune? Maybe the Kings knew Dallas would claim Segal and they wanted to get rid of a contract?
I really think it had more to do with TM being displeased with Segal's effort from a physical and confrontational standpoint.

The fact that Clune was called up to replace Segal pretty much validates it imo.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
I personally was very pleased with Clune's game last night. Even drew a few penalties, something 4th line players can do to help the team if they can't score (Yeah I'm talking to you Ivanans, with your -8 rating and 0 goals 0 assist nightmare)
Why is this a nightmare ???
That is exactly his skill set.
He is slow, has no shot, not vision no clue.
Hell... he can't even pass the puck.

It's like you ask me or yourself...... why.. why... why...
wouldn't we score in a NHL game...

The Kings are coursed.....
We dress up players day in day out who are put on the waiver list even by
St.Louis
The staff tries to force something what's not there.
I mean..... even die hard Kings fans did Photoshop a beach ball
behind a famous goalie and the organisation dressed him and dressed
and dressed him... ****.. if he didn't hurt they would still play him today.

In my opinion this is what separates us from the rest of the NHL
and keeps us away from real success.
Other franchise try a player and give him another chance
if he doesn't picks it up he finds himself in the AHL or in Europe.

It's good to have some heard and charity in our organisation but that shouldn't include the league games.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:20 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
It sure does. I guess they thought they had no room in the organ-eye-zation for him any longer.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:23 AM
TKFAN

According to the Monarchs radio broadcaster and the newspaper, while Parse may have been assigned to Manchester, the only game he can play in was last nights game. Don't get this at all, what am I not getting about the roster freeze?

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
It sure does. I guess they thought they had no room in the organ-eye-zation for him any longer.
Well, he was signed through next year, and when Dean was talking about it, the first thing he mentioned was that teams are dumping contracts now . Sounded very much like Segal wasn't the right fit here and Dean wanted to unload the contract. We'll see how it turns out.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Losing the Lawman makes sense if the Kings end up adding 2 players at the deadline and only picks are moved for them.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:54 AM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
According to the Monarchs radio broadcaster and the newspaper, while Parse may have been assigned to Manchester, the only game he can play in was last nights game. Don't get this at all, what am I not getting about the roster freeze?
What? that makes no sense at all.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote