HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**** the Flyers

Old
02-12-2010, 10:45 PM
holyhabs

vCash: 500
We need a guy like White in this lineup. I tried to give Da "ghost" all the chances in the world but he is useless. And I am starting to get to that point with Lapierre as well.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I didn't see any news or anything but I'm pretty sure he was just cut by his helmet/visor.
Looks like he was holding his arm being helped off the ice, but maybe that's how bad he was cut.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:56 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Why does Martin choose Darche over Sergei in every key situation?
He is a bad coach. He's no good for the new NHL!

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:57 PM
CarrePrisme

Habs lost by one goal and are still well into the playoff race with a team riddle with injuries all year long.

I don't get why people are so emotional, especially over Price. He played an OK game at a 90.9 saving %.

The Flyers are actually pretty bad for the lineup they have while
it's obvious Habs are a middle of the pack team...even more so with an AHL lineup.

Can we relax please?

CarrePrisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:48 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Jacques Martin is one bonehead of a coach! Can't understand for the life of me why he puts Desharnais and Darche on the PP instead of Sergei !!! Mindblowing! Get that piece of **** out of town. No i am not overreacting, he is awful.

I bet if that was Sergei on the ice at the end instead of Darche, with 10 secs left instead of just throwing it behind the net, Sergei would of put it right on Subban's stick and maybe tied the game up ..

go_habs_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
You have to admit that the Flyers are a great team.

They just miss two key ingredients to be cup contender: goalie and team spirit.
Not that much, just the two most important.

Having so much talent, almost no injuries and fighting for the last PO spot must be so depressing!

To compare you need to add Markov, Cammy, AKost and Pouliot.
Then remove Pronger, Carter, Hartnell and Giroux.
Enh, they're not really fighting for the last playoff spot anymore. It would be hard to get above 6th, and they might fall apart again, but 6th is fine. There are other teams that played tonight with much, much more to be worried about.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Ginu

***** the Flyers? ***** us man. It doesn't matter who this team gets. Until we fix our mentality we're going nowhere. They said it right during the game. This team can make a lot of noise if they play a full 60 minute game. We never want to do that. Price was surely going to be phased this game after the Washington game. Who are the leaders on this team who are going to step up and make a difference and help this kid out? There was ZERO effort in the first two periods. PK and Price were the only two who showed up. Totally pathetic. It's sad enough that PK Subban, with less than one year of professional hockey experience, said enough is enough and decided to charge the net himself in the 3rd period to change the tempo of the game because nobody else wanted to do it. This is a kid out of junior. I'm not giving this team credit for playing for 20 minutes. ***** that. Until you want to try, don't tell me you're trying to make the playoffs. Stop wasting our time.

Storms out of the dressing room.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:01 AM
bib
#believe

Missed the game but just saw the highlights. Just curious, how in the world did Philly's first goal count? Absolute blatant goaltender interference by Hartnell.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:04 AM
KingRacicot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
because he gave a bad interview after a loss, almost displaying he could care less shows lack of character.
letting the boston fans get to him shows he has lack of focus
the patrick roy impersonation shows once again a lack of character and discipline (who does he think he is?)

although its not that which makes him a bad goalie. His statistics and playoff performances do that for him.
My guess: you're about.....................13 years old.

Right?

You are, aren't you!

KingRacicot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Ginu

Quote:
because he gave a bad interview after a loss, almost displaying he could care less shows lack of character.
letting the boston fans get to him shows he has lack of focus
the patrick roy impersonation shows once again a lack of character and discipline (who does he think he is?)

although its not that which makes him a bad goalie. His statistics and playoff performances do that for him.
Don't you have Show & Tell to prepare for for next week?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:07 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
***** the Flyers? ***** us man. It doesn't matter who this team gets. Until we fix our mentality we're going nowhere. They said it right during the game. This team can make a lot of noise if they play a full 60 minute game. We never want to do that. Price was surely going to be phased this game after the Washington game. Who are the leaders on this team who are going to step up and make a difference and help this kid out? There was ZERO effort in the first two periods. PK and Price were the only two who showed up. Totally pathetic. It's sad enough that PK Subban, with less than one year of professional hockey experience, said enough is enough and decided to charge the net himself in the 3rd period to change the tempo of the game because nobody else wanted to do it. This is a kid out of junior. I'm not giving this team credit for playing for 20 minutes. ***** that. Until you want to try, don't tell me you're trying to make the playoffs. Stop wasting our time.

That is the biggest issue, we never showed up to play till the third. We looked good in the first as the Flyers weren't anything special either. That goal should have never counted, the ref lost sight of the puck in which you are suppose to call the play dead. Instead he lets the play continue and low and behold the puck end up in the net because of Flyers crashing the crease...pathetic missed call.

With our lack of depth because of injury the team needs to play hard from top to bottom and for 60 minutes or longer...we don't have the skill level right now to play when we want too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:12 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Saw most of the game. Carey looked pretty good. Bunch of really big saves as well. Still gotta go back to Halak for next game. Price had his two games, and showed he can get his head back in it after sitting for a while, but this is still Halak's bus to ride out.

Also fairly amusing the Moore scored. I haven't checked around yet to see how that has thrown the barometer on good/bad trade. Should be amusing. Did pretty decent work over his 17 minutes considering the situation, I guess.

Oh, and congrats, of course, to PK for his first point! Pretty exciting stuff. Too bad for the penalty spree that derailed the momentum.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:12 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
Missed the game but just saw the highlights. Just curious, how in the world did Philly's first goal count? Absolute blatant goaltender interference by Hartnell.
this year we are not getting the calls ... could be badluck, but the refs are brutal especially against us ... coincidence? I dont know, could be badluck, but we are getting fked in the ass this year, anybody with 2 eyes can see that.

here is my take on the 4th line... forget about maxwell, dagostini ... get us nielsen over here for a game or two ... let him rage... suspension ? I'd even laugh. send him back down, mery christmas flyers.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:16 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
im not arguing with all you "experts" over price and halak,
the stats speak for themselves
fact is, in order to win games your goalie needs to come up with a big save here and there, which is why prices record sucks.

hes going to be a RFA anyway and based on his character and ego he'll be asking somewhere around 5 million anyway.
Okay "Mister Expert" if stats are everything why does Fleury who has 29 wins only have a 2.64 goals against and a .908 save percentage and Price has 12 wins with a 2.80 save percentage and a .911 save percentage???

A lot of wins have to do with out scoring the opposition...look at Quick, Backstrom, Hiller, Elliott, Theodore, Mason and others and they may have more wins, but their goals against and save percentages are very, very close.

Too many look at Price as saying he never won, he is the reason we lost. They don't look at the other stats or look at the other players.

Old
02-13-2010, 12:18 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRacicot View Post
My guess: you're about.....................13 years old.

Right?

You are, aren't you!
my guess ; although we both disagree with him, he has the right to explain his pov without reading your personal attacks.

did you give up on debunk part 2 yet?

Old
02-13-2010, 12:23 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Saw most of the game. Carey looked pretty good. Bunch of really big saves as well. Still gotta go back to Halak for next game. Price had his two games, and showed he can get his head back in it after sitting for a while, but this is still Halak's bus to ride out.

Also fairly amusing the Moore scored. I haven't checked around yet to see how that has thrown the barometer on good/bad trade. Should be amusing. Did pretty decent work over his 17 minutes considering the situation, I guess.

Oh, and congrats, of course, to PK for his first point! Pretty exciting stuff. Too bad for the penalty spree that derailed the momentum.
What's funny so many here were saying we could have had Matt Cullen for a 2nd rounder, and then Ottawa gets him for a 2nd round pick (2010) and Alexandre Picard.

So it cost a draft pick in this years draft, a deeper draft and then a defensive prospect who is 24 and has played 2 parts of NHL seasons.

So would people be happy to trade a 2nd rounder this year along with Carle?

Old
02-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
What's funny so many here were saying we could have had Matt Cullen for a 2nd rounder, and then Ottawa gets him for a 2nd round pick (2010) and Alexandre Picard.

So it cost a draft pick in this years draft, a deeper draft and then a defensive prospect who is 24 and has played 2 parts of NHL seasons.

I don't know where you're going with any of this, or what it really had to do with my post. But cheers for the reply:

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:36 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:

very nice perspective ... especially considering the fact picard is on the way to establish himself in the nhl ... in that regard, you'd have to compare him to ''last year's obyrne'' ... just to have an accurate comparison ... which makes more than a 2010 2nd rounder + carle.

hearing gauthier talk today was nice ... he said there were very few selling teams, and a lot of demand, since every team is looking to add to climb in the standings ... meaning you are bound to overpay if you trade at this time of the year ...

Old
02-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Miller Time

Quote:

i wouldn't have been...

trading away young assets or picks for any UFA, but especially bottom-six players or players that the team is not 100% committed and able to re-sign next season, seems idiotic and pointless.

if we aren't going to move some of the UFA's we have or some of the bad contracts we have, then at least let's let this assembly of players do what it can and finish wherever they can, WITHOUT giving up any more assets for the future.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:39 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
I don't know where you're going with any of this, or what it really had to do with my post. But cheers for the reply:

What I'm saying is that most fans here were saying we could have had Cullen for a 2nd rounder, but once again they were wrong as it cost a 2nd rounder and a roster player...quite simple really.

Old
02-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Looks like he was holding his arm being helped off the ice, but maybe that's how bad he was cut.
From what I saw it looked more like he was holding the "towell" on his forehead or the cut area. We'll know more tomorrow morning I guess....Either way losing Spacek is not a big deal at all, easily the most disappointing signing this year.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:05 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

ugh this hurt, all the teams we are fighting for a playoff spot won tonight. so now we have four teams under us, all within three points, and they have a total of 10 games in hand. Get some payback vs Philly tomorrow guys! Glad PK had a good start hope to see him here for awhile.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:25 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post

overreaction central

not F us. Every team suffers from similar problems. Often it's bad starts. Give this AHL, lines always changing, David (vs. Goliath), missing best scorers and defenceman some credit for coming out in the third and coming inches (and a bunch of BS calls by the ref) from tying it.

Zero effort doesn't mean zero effort. It means they didn't know how to play against the style of the Flyers. Once they adjusted, you saw what happened. We owned the third, and if not for those brutal penalties, I'm sure we would have tied. Good team effort at the end and we play them tonight. I'll take that over play a good 2 first periods then have the momentum switch. Obviously if you can dominate the game it's best, but considering who's in the lineup...seriously...they are trying very hard. Thank you Carey for not falling apart after those 3 goals. You kept us in it and we were a pass away from tying.

Get behind this team or stop watching the games entirely, cuz support is what they need. Gomez ignited a spark, Sat night is going to be exciting.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:27 AM
habtastic

Quote:

just to put a spin on that clip...

took more than we were willing to give for "eye spear" Cullen...that's a dealbreaker!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:32 AM

This thread highlights some serious maturity in the Hab fanbase...

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote