HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**** the Flyers

Old
02-13-2010, 11:22 AM
EdmFlyersfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Five minutes after the game I wanted it as well.

But Montreal is not equipped to play that style. Especially not against Philly. Our game should be to just skate and work hard for 60 minutes. Let the Flyers get pissed, it will only take them off their game.
Pronger's best games are when he is pissed...

EdmFlyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:28 AM
EdmFlyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I like the physical aspect of the game also, but it always seems like the flyers take it to the next level......they should watch their backs, someone is going to give them a taste of their own medicine...
You mean like pretty much ending careers of:

Eric Lindros
Eric Desjardins
Keith Primeau

We've seen our captains/superstars/stars pretty much take illegal hits/elbows to the head for a long time, we've had plenty of "taste of our own medicine"....time we gave some medicine back (Powe's hit was fair).

With Pronger on the back-end, it wouldn't be wise as he is known to get a little "antsy" when he is pissed.

Old
02-13-2010, 11:40 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmFlyersfan View Post
You mean like pretty much ending careers of:

Eric Lindros
Eric Desjardins
Keith Primeau

We've seen our captains/superstars/stars pretty much take illegal hits/elbows to the head for a long time, we've had plenty of "taste of our own medicine"....time we gave some medicine back (Powe's hit was fair).

With Pronger on the back-end, it wouldn't be wise as he is known to get a little "antsy" when he is pissed.
This would be known as what comes around goes around....seems OK to me...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:08 PM
EdmFlyersfan

Quote:
This would be known as what comes around goes around....seems OK to me...
Exactly my point.

Flyers are not immune from illegal hits either...some people think the Flyers are the only team in the NHL that dishes out "vicious" hits.

Flyers have taken numerous ones as well, and probably bigger ones than almost any franchise in the NHL the last 15 years or so, losing marquee players in the process...not some "Joe-Blow" 3rd liners.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
overreaction central

not F us. Every team suffers from similar problems. Often it's bad starts. Give this AHL, lines always changing, David (vs. Goliath), missing best scorers and defenceman some credit for coming out in the third and coming inches (and a bunch of BS calls by the ref) from tying it.

Zero effort doesn't mean zero effort. It means they didn't know how to play against the style of the Flyers. Once they adjusted, you saw what happened. We owned the third, and if not for those brutal penalties, I'm sure we would have tied. Good team effort at the end and we play them tonight. I'll take that over play a good 2 first periods then have the momentum switch. Obviously if you can dominate the game it's best, but considering who's in the lineup...seriously...they are trying very hard. Thank you Carey for not falling apart after those 3 goals. You kept us in it and we were a pass away from tying.

Get behind this team or stop watching the games entirely, cuz support is what they need. Gomez ignited a spark, Sat night is going to be exciting.
Oh I wasn't over reacting. The one thing this team has shown all season is they can beat anyone when they try hard and play with aggression and heart. What we've also learned about this team's philosophy against offensive teams is we're successful when we play deep in their zone. I don't buy this "we didn't know how to play them" crap. Come on, against all of these offensive teams there's only one strategy - play deep as far from your own net as possible. Every problem with this team is mental. That bothers me because it was the final nail in Martin's coffin in Ottawa, that his teams couldn't get over the mental hump. I don't mind him but I hope this doesn't become a consistent issue.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Mike2000z28

i was at the game when primeau got elbowed by a montreal player and that pretty much ended his career for the most part. Stevens on Lindros as well. Unfortunately thats part of the game and always will be and its not exclusive to one team or another. Every team at one point gets it.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 04:19 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
i was at the game when primeau got elbowed by a montreal player and that pretty much ended his career for the most part. Stevens on Lindros as well. Unfortunately thats part of the game and always will be and its not exclusive to one team or another. Every team at one point gets it.
The player was Perezhogin, and it was more of a collision, it wasn't trying to drive Primeau's head through the boards, big difference....in recent years the flyers have been the one's doing the dirty deeds...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 04:23 PM
EdmFlyersfan

Quote:
The player was Perezhogin, and it was more of a collision, it wasn't trying to drive Primeau's head through the boards, big difference....in recent years the flyers have been the one's doing the dirty deeds...

Maybe it's karma.

Old
02-13-2010, 04:47 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
just for the fun of it, i wish price was on the ice for the end of the game, slap leighton around a little.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. That would've been awesome! Price has really been showing a different side of his game since the game vs St. Louis when he wanted to go after Janssen.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Gert B Frobe

What is it about the Flyers that makes Price suck so bad? Does he get intimidated by physical play? He does fine against the Leafs and they play a much dirtier and more physical game than the Flyers. Maybe because the Flyers are physical and can score while the Leafs are physical and just blow. Should be a great game tonight - Halak might give the Habs a better chance.

I noticed it took Subban about 3 seconds to whine about his first penalty call. Seems he likes to stick his feet out when he's been beaten. That should have been coached out of him a long time ago.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
What is it about the Flyers that makes Price suck so bad? Does he get intimidated by physical play? He does fine against the Leafs and they play a much dirtier and more physical game than the Flyers. Maybe because the Flyers are physical and can score while the Leafs are physical and just blow. Should be a great game tonight - Halak might give the Habs a better chance.

I noticed it took Subban about 3 seconds to whine about his first penalty call. Seems he likes to stick his feet out when he's been beaten. That should have been coached out of him a long time ago.
You think Price was to blame for yesterday?

Also Price was 5-0-0 , 1.6 GAA and .946 SV% in the reg season against the Flyers. Except if you wanna bring up his playoffs when he was 20 again. *sigh*

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Pancho Lefty*

What a bunch of crying pansies in here.

Pancho Lefty* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoLefty View Post
What a bunch of crying pansies in here.
Because we're French?

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Pancho Lefty*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Because we're French?
I was responding more to the subject of the thread.

Pancho Lefty* is offline   Reply With Quote