HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

An article about Richard Zednik

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 08:46 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
An article about Richard Zednik

Translated with Google free translator. I changed a couple of words to make it understandable. Not perfect but clear enough. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------
Canadiens' training camp, St-Jovite - September 25th, 2003

Zednik aims for the playoffs

Richard Zednik, best scorer of the Canadiens in 2002-2003, does not make much noise since the beginning of the camp. He however knows that the team counts on him to assume his fair share of offensive production. But, Zednik does not feel additional pressure.

"For what I'm concerned, the only improvement which matters for next season would be to see the team qualified for the playoffs. The individual objectives are secondary ", indicated the Slovak while leaving the arena of St-Jovite, Thursday morning.

The rhetoric of team work is omnipresent in the mouth of all the players, an aspect which has lacked badly last year. 27 years old, Zednik had the best season of his career in the national League with 31 goals and 19 assists. The scandalmongers will say that he was motivated to produce being given the profits to the performance which will increase his salary in the coming months. Indeed, his paycheck made a significant jump from the moment he exceeded his production of 2001-2002 (22 goals) and his total of 44 points.

"I do not feel additional pressure. I am convinced that other guys here will have a better season this year. I am trustful to see Donald (Audette), Jan (Bulis), Marcel (Hossa) return in force. It is quite certain that I must contribute, it is what they awaits from me after all."

A preference for Saku

Zednik knows that the decision belongs to Claude Julien, but he speaks in a very positive way of his play with Saku Koivu, with which he worked the last year. "That functioned very well with Saku, we get along well on the ice. I also like Mike Ribeiro. He seems more confident. It is true that it is perhaps now or never for him. He is an excellent playmaker." It should be said while we're at it, that Zednik will not be in uniform, Friday, against the Bruins in Manchester.

He worked out a good part of the summer at his place in Slovaquie, in addition to participate in one week of camp with the national team, in company of some compatriots also present in the NHL.

About the short confrontation He had with Craig Rivet during the morning practice, Zednik quite simply said that there was nothing there. "It's part of the game, and we laughed both of us". It is that Zednik and Rivet exchanged some good shoulder hits during an exercise of two on two.

For the anecdote, Zednik did not move one bit in spite of Rivet's efforts to make him fall.

Source: http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/

Old
09-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Wildcat

vCash: 500
Thanks for the article Munchausen.

Zednik, don't mess with Rivet or you're off Koivu's line. I wouldn't doubt he starts the season with Ribs though.

Closed Thread