HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
02-13-2010, 01:29 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

vCash: 500
Just finished to watch the game, BIG credit to Rozsival. Wasn't an easy game for the defence, he stepped up when needed. Kudos Rozsie. He's been playing well for a while now, hope he keeps it up.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:26 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Rozsival has been superb for almost a month now.
What's funny about that statement, is many of us have been saying the same thing last month or earlier

The only reason I want to trade Rozi because I think he has actual value and the most value out of our big contracts (if we must free up space). Sure he has slumps, everyone does, but if anyone thinks our defense won't be much worse without him, are are kidding yourselves.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 10:39 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

The thing that bothers me the most is the booing at the garden. I mean its just wrong to do that when we have guys like Redden who is a much lesser hockey player with an even bigger burden of a contract getting a free pass.
Its amazing to me how Rozie is able to keep his motivation going when he knows he'll get booed on HOME ICE every time he touches the puck. Un ****ing believeable.

Keep it up Rozie. There are lots of fans who actually appreciate what you are doing out there.

Last edited by TrueBlueNorwegian: 02-13-2010 at 10:44 AM.
TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:01 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
The thing that bothers me the most is the booing at the garden. I mean its just wrong to do that when we have guys like Redden who is a much lesser hockey player with an even bigger burden of a contract getting a free pass.
Its amazing to me how Rozie is able to keep his motivation going when he knows he'll get booed on HOME ICE every time he touches the puck. Un ****ing believeable.

Keep it up Rozie. There are lots of fans who actually appreciate what you are doing out there.
Well for starters, Redden most certainly does not get a free pass. He's booed constantly on his home ice.

Regardless, many of us have been singing this same tune for years now. At this point I think we just have to accept that a certain percentage of Garden fans are just mean-spirited jerks who are so delusional that they think booing a player out of pure malice actually qualifies as supporting the team. It's sad when good fans have to share the same banner as these people.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Well for starters, Redden most certainly does not get a free pass. He's booed constantly on his home ice.

Regardless, many of us have been singing this same tune for years now. At this point I think we just have to accept that a certain percentage of Garden fans are just mean-spirited jerks who are so delusional that they think booing a player out of pure malice actually qualifies as supporting the team. It's sad when good fans have to share the same banner as these people.
Agreed.

Funny how we have a losing record at home but winning record on the road......

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:03 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

Due to the extreme long distance I have been to the garden all of five times in my life so i have missed the Redden booing. sorry
Anyway, its unfair to Rozie. He has been solid for quite a while now. I cant say that I know to much about you locals who go to games on a regular basis, but I have to say that from my own experience its definitely not to far in between total jerks in the crowd at the garden. I was sitting in front of a guy in January who brought his little kids out to the game and he was acting like a total idiot in the stands. lol.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:07 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Absolutely won some love from me. Both he and Drury impressed me with guts.

Great win! Keep it going!

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post

IF that happened...

a lot of our problems would be solved

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:22 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post

hahahah and yet you're the guy who can't stand Dubinsky.

I like Rosi, but when it comes to guts, grit, and sticking up for teammates, Dubinsky makes him and the majority of our team look like a joke.

I would've preferred if Rosi would've just started unloading on Cooke when he saw him punching Dru's face in on the ice but I understand the ref was jumping in at that point.

No big deal. Good game for Rosi overall.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Good job rosie, KEEP IT UP!

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Ice Hockey

he's human and he sure makes mistakes but he is a key part of this team. his salary doesn't help his cause but i think he's one of our best, if not our best, defensemen. flame away!

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hockey View Post
he's human and he sure makes mistakes but he is a key part of this team. his salary doesn't help his cause but i think he's one of our best, if not our best, defensemen. flame away!
Staal is far above the rest of our D corps and I don't even see how that's remotely debatable.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:55 PM
ecemleafs

over the past few months hes passed along the ability to pass the puck to the other team or fumble around with it to girardi.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:11 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
hahahah and yet you're the guy who can't stand Dubinsky.

I like Rosi, but when it comes to guts, grit, and sticking up for teammates, Dubinsky makes him and the majority of our team look like a joke.

I would've preferred if Rosi would've just started unloading on Cooke when he saw him punching Dru's face in on the ice but I understand the ref was jumping in at that point.

No big deal. Good game for Rosi overall.
Where do you see that I can't stand Dubinsky? Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

And yes, it would have been nice if Rosi did that, but for these two (rosi and drury) to show any guts, is a gigantic improvement.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:15 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
Staal is far above the rest of our D corps and I don't even see how that's remotely debatable.
Staal is so bad with the puck whether it be making passes to someone's tape or showing vision that I think it's highly debatable.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:34 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Staal is so bad with the puck whether it be making passes to someone's tape or showing vision that I think it's highly debatable.
completely disagree. doesnt have the greatest passing ability but hes far from bad at it. hes also got decent vision....like not just slapping at the puck in the defensive zone every time it gets to his stick. hes top 15 in even strength points for defensman in the NHL and this doesnt happen on an offensively inept team by not being able to pass or have any vision.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:36 PM
ohbaby

Every year he starts off slow and every year the Rosy boo birds start shouting trade.

I was one of the few at the start, to realize Rosy's importance to this team. Even Torts had his doubts,.. relegating him to the third pair, getting less than 15 minutes of ice time.

I have said, Rosy has been our #1 D-man for years before Mark Staal's fruition. Ok, Dan Girardi is right there also, but to give up on Rosy is really unfair.

Torts has now seen his value to this team, and is now averaging over 20 min. per game.

Is it a coincidence with MDZ playing less than 2 minutes and Gilroy only 16,.... the Rangers did not allow a breakaway and very few odd man rushes, against one of the most dynamic teams last night?

Last edited by ohbaby: 02-13-2010 at 07:08 PM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
what ranger team are you watching?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
what ranger team are you watching?
He's not good with the puck in the neurtral and offensive zones. At the start of the season when he was trying to be more offensive he was terrible. He started sticking to what he does best (defense) and he's good. He's a great defensive defender but falls behind Rozsival in the offensive part of the game for sure.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Ice Hockey

he's having another great game.

Old
02-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
meh. staal's play is fluffed no matter what he does or doesn't do. it's cuz he's a staal imo. he hasn't developed into 1/5 of what everyone's hoped. i think you could make an argument that he's not our best dman. maybe he will be but his growth is slow. and i could see MDZ surpassing him.

Old
02-14-2010, 02:54 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Our Rozsival has been abducted by aliens and replaced by a clone. I do not see another explanation...

Old
02-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Agitator View Post
Our Rozsival has been abducted by aliens and replaced by a clone. I do not see another explanation...
Dude, no sarcasm needed. What the F' is going on? I love it Rosiballs finally got balls.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

I love it too Cmox, I'm ****ing loving it.

Old
02-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Dude, no sarcasm needed. What the F' is going on? I love it Rosiballs finally got balls.
I keep saying he's a great defensemen and it wasn't just today. He's been playing at this level for a good portion of the season. He gets scrutinized more than any other player on the Rangers and maybe that's why things are the way they are.