HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2010, 01:29 AM
  #151
King of cool
The winning hat
 
King of cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under your skin
Country: France
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Just finished to watch the game, BIG credit to Rozsival. Wasn't an easy game for the defence, he stepped up when needed. Kudos Rozsie. He's been playing well for a while now, hope he keeps it up.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:26 AM
  #152
qwertyaas
LGR@
 
qwertyaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Rozsival has been superb for almost a month now.
What's funny about that statement, is many of us have been saying the same thing last month or earlier

The only reason I want to trade Rozi because I think he has actual value and the most value out of our big contracts (if we must free up space). Sure he has slumps, everyone does, but if anyone thinks our defense won't be much worse without him, are are kidding yourselves.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 10:39 AM
  #153
TrueBlueNorwegian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Norway
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
The thing that bothers me the most is the booing at the garden. I mean its just wrong to do that when we have guys like Redden who is a much lesser hockey player with an even bigger burden of a contract getting a free pass.
Its amazing to me how Rozie is able to keep his motivation going when he knows he'll get booed on HOME ICE every time he touches the puck. Un ****ing believeable.

Keep it up Rozie. There are lots of fans who actually appreciate what you are doing out there.


Last edited by TrueBlueNorwegian: 02-13-2010 at 10:44 AM.
TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:01 PM
  #154
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
The thing that bothers me the most is the booing at the garden. I mean its just wrong to do that when we have guys like Redden who is a much lesser hockey player with an even bigger burden of a contract getting a free pass.
Its amazing to me how Rozie is able to keep his motivation going when he knows he'll get booed on HOME ICE every time he touches the puck. Un ****ing believeable.

Keep it up Rozie. There are lots of fans who actually appreciate what you are doing out there.
Well for starters, Redden most certainly does not get a free pass. He's booed constantly on his home ice.

Regardless, many of us have been singing this same tune for years now. At this point I think we just have to accept that a certain percentage of Garden fans are just mean-spirited jerks who are so delusional that they think booing a player out of pure malice actually qualifies as supporting the team. It's sad when good fans have to share the same banner as these people.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:10 PM
  #155
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Well for starters, Redden most certainly does not get a free pass. He's booed constantly on his home ice.

Regardless, many of us have been singing this same tune for years now. At this point I think we just have to accept that a certain percentage of Garden fans are just mean-spirited jerks who are so delusional that they think booing a player out of pure malice actually qualifies as supporting the team. It's sad when good fans have to share the same banner as these people.
Agreed.

Funny how we have a losing record at home but winning record on the road......

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:03 PM
  #156
TrueBlueNorwegian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Norway
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Due to the extreme long distance I have been to the garden all of five times in my life so i have missed the Redden booing. sorry
Anyway, its unfair to Rozie. He has been solid for quite a while now. I cant say that I know to much about you locals who go to games on a regular basis, but I have to say that from my own experience its definitely not to far in between total jerks in the crowd at the garden. I was sitting in front of a guy in January who brought his little kids out to the game and he was acting like a total idiot in the stands. lol.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:07 PM
  #157
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,590
vCash: 500
Absolutely won some love from me. Both he and Drury impressed me with guts.

Great win! Keep it going!

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:17 PM
  #158
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Absolutely won some love from me. Both he and Drury impressed me with guts.

Great win! Keep it going!
IF that happened...

a lot of our problems would be solved

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:22 PM
  #159
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Absolutely won some love from me. Both he and Drury impressed me with guts.

Great win! Keep it going!

hahahah and yet you're the guy who can't stand Dubinsky.

I like Rosi, but when it comes to guts, grit, and sticking up for teammates, Dubinsky makes him and the majority of our team look like a joke.

I would've preferred if Rosi would've just started unloading on Cooke when he saw him punching Dru's face in on the ice but I understand the ref was jumping in at that point.

No big deal. Good game for Rosi overall.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 02:46 PM
  #160
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 500
Good job rosie, KEEP IT UP!

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:15 PM
  #161
Ice Hockey
Registered User
 
Ice Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
he's human and he sure makes mistakes but he is a key part of this team. his salary doesn't help his cause but i think he's one of our best, if not our best, defensemen. flame away!

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:47 PM
  #162
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
 
Callahan Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hockey View Post
he's human and he sure makes mistakes but he is a key part of this team. his salary doesn't help his cause but i think he's one of our best, if not our best, defensemen. flame away!
Staal is far above the rest of our D corps and I don't even see how that's remotely debatable.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:55 PM
  #163
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,055
vCash: 500
over the past few months hes passed along the ability to pass the puck to the other team or fumble around with it to girardi.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:11 PM
  #164
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
hahahah and yet you're the guy who can't stand Dubinsky.

I like Rosi, but when it comes to guts, grit, and sticking up for teammates, Dubinsky makes him and the majority of our team look like a joke.

I would've preferred if Rosi would've just started unloading on Cooke when he saw him punching Dru's face in on the ice but I understand the ref was jumping in at that point.

No big deal. Good game for Rosi overall.
Where do you see that I can't stand Dubinsky? Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

And yes, it would have been nice if Rosi did that, but for these two (rosi and drury) to show any guts, is a gigantic improvement.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:15 PM
  #165
NYROrtsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
Staal is far above the rest of our D corps and I don't even see how that's remotely debatable.
Staal is so bad with the puck whether it be making passes to someone's tape or showing vision that I think it's highly debatable.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:34 PM
  #166
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Staal is so bad with the puck whether it be making passes to someone's tape or showing vision that I think it's highly debatable.
completely disagree. doesnt have the greatest passing ability but hes far from bad at it. hes also got decent vision....like not just slapping at the puck in the defensive zone every time it gets to his stick. hes top 15 in even strength points for defensman in the NHL and this doesnt happen on an offensively inept team by not being able to pass or have any vision.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:36 PM
  #167
ohbaby
Registered User
 
ohbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
Every year he starts off slow and every year the Rosy boo birds start shouting trade.

I was one of the few at the start, to realize Rosy's importance to this team. Even Torts had his doubts,.. relegating him to the third pair, getting less than 15 minutes of ice time.

I have said, Rosy has been our #1 D-man for years before Mark Staal's fruition. Ok, Dan Girardi is right there also, but to give up on Rosy is really unfair.

Torts has now seen his value to this team, and is now averaging over 20 min. per game.

Is it a coincidence with MDZ playing less than 2 minutes and Gilroy only 16,.... the Rangers did not allow a breakaway and very few odd man rushes, against one of the most dynamic teams last night?


Last edited by ohbaby: 02-13-2010 at 07:08 PM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:11 PM
  #168
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Staal is so bad with the puck whether it be making passes to someone's tape or showing vision that I think it's highly debatable.
what ranger team are you watching?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:05 PM
  #169
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,146
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
what ranger team are you watching?
He's not good with the puck in the neurtral and offensive zones. At the start of the season when he was trying to be more offensive he was terrible. He started sticking to what he does best (defense) and he's good. He's a great defensive defender but falls behind Rozsival in the offensive part of the game for sure.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 01:43 PM
  #170
Ice Hockey
Registered User
 
Ice Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
he's having another great game.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:02 PM
  #171
Ice Hockey
Registered User
 
Ice Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
Staal is far above the rest of our D corps and I don't even see how that's remotely debatable.
meh. staal's play is fluffed no matter what he does or doesn't do. it's cuz he's a staal imo. he hasn't developed into 1/5 of what everyone's hoped. i think you could make an argument that he's not our best dman. maybe he will be but his growth is slow. and i could see MDZ surpassing him.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:54 PM
  #172
King of cool
The winning hat
 
King of cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under your skin
Country: France
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Our Rozsival has been abducted by aliens and replaced by a clone. I do not see another explanation...

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:04 PM
  #173
Cmox
Registered User
 
Cmox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Agitator View Post
Our Rozsival has been abducted by aliens and replaced by a clone. I do not see another explanation...
Dude, no sarcasm needed. What the F' is going on? I love it Rosiballs finally got balls.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
  #174
King of cool
The winning hat
 
King of cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under your skin
Country: France
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
I love it too Cmox, I'm ****ing loving it.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:38 PM
  #175
Ice Hockey
Registered User
 
Ice Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Dude, no sarcasm needed. What the F' is going on? I love it Rosiballs finally got balls.
I keep saying he's a great defensemen and it wasn't just today. He's been playing at this level for a good portion of the season. He gets scrutinized more than any other player on the Rangers and maybe that's why things are the way they are.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.