HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Get Booed Off Ice, into Olympics

Old
02-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHou View Post
Moen dont play physical this season. I hope he keep is energy for the playoff
Moen just doesn't play physical with the Habs. I'm starting to think that Martin discourages them from playing physical.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Our top scorers wouldn't have stood up for Pleks after he got pushed to the ice. Injuries are an excuse. Our team has no grit and no heart and that's going to kill you.
I agree with the no grit. I really don't understand why they keep D'Ago-Desharnais to play on the 4th line. To me, it's as bad as having MAB and O'Byrne on the 4th.
Players not playing their positions.

I disagree with the heart part though. Saying that means they don't care and that's simply not true. You don't battle back from 3-0 in the third like yesterday if you don't care.

Our top scorers wouldn't have stood up for Plek, true. That's why I want White there, possibly Neilson or Stewart as well. But maybe they wouldn't have had to stand up for him because we'd be leading.
Maybe the Flyers don't stand a chance in this game if Cammy-Pouliot-A.Kost and Markov are all healthy. Maybe it doesn't change a thing.
One thing for sure, those are all guys that can help you score. They won't help you win fights, but at the end of the day, scoring is what counts. You can even argue MAB is a key guy out because of his point shot.

I agree on the grit part though. We need a minimum of that. It's frustrating because White has been quite decent while others useless, yet he's kept in AHL.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:12 PM
CrazyShea

Subban owned Pronger, that was funny as hell

Subban, Gomez, Gionta and Price played good

Subban got a point so moral victory

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Does anyone actually think D'Agostini would get claimed if he got sent down?
jonathan, freaking cheechoo didnt get claimed today on waivers

i am SHOCKED that dagostini is still on this team, SHOCKED!!! i just cant beleive it

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:13 PM
koivu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recchi29 View Post
Say what you like about Koivu I miss the guy
still here

except no caps in my name - understated, just like the real thing.

koivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Craig71

I hope Spacek, D'agostini and Lapierre are gone at the deadline, and I loved Lapierre last year, but this year he is like corn, hard to digest.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:14 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
RDS said it best .. they said that all the injuries to the habs "arent excuses, its a reality" its true cause its not like its only 1 or 2 guys its our 3 top scorers

And I would really love to see trotter desharnais and white as our 4th line instead of that waste we have now (Metro Moen and dags).. the kids+subban bring tons of energy to our team and once Cammy Akost Pouliot are back it'd be great
Of course, RDS said that.

Every professional athlete should have heart no matter who's on the ice, who's injured, whatever...I don't think many in particular were high in the effort category today.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Well,

On the plus side, at least we didn't lose 18-0.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Habsfanatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Time to watch a couple of gritty players on the late game........Koivu and Chipchura. Could have used both of them tonight.
We couldve used Markov, Cams, Pools and AK tonight as well.. But this is the hand we have to play right now! We've played 5 games or so as a healthy team, and considering were where we are, its not that bad IMO. Its going to be an uphill battle every game and when we come out flat like we did tonight (especially after lastnight) this is how the rest of the season is going to go. Hopefully we come back to a fuller, more healthy lineup after the break.

Werer not buyers or sellers this year at the deadline, we haven't been healthy enough to even see what this team is made of yet. Off season is when the real changes will take place IMO.. Price or Halak? Pleks resigned? Are we going to dump Hamrlik or Spacek?

Is it true that Halak doesn't want to come back if he isn't the #1 guy? If not, sign both goalies, let them split time BETTER.. Maybe each goalie plays 4-6 games in a row, then switch regardless of the win-loss record.

And I believe Gauthier felt comfortable letting go a 2nd NEXT year for Moore because he felt if we stay healthy we actually have a decent team. Everytime a player gets injured, everybody has to step it up and maybe play different roles and more minutes then their used to, hense why we look so out of place and tired out there. And then when these injuries are for more then just a couple games, it only adds to everything else IMO.

That's my little rant tho, patiences may be growing thin, but injury after injury makes it even harder. We just need to take a step back these 2 weeks, re-energize and realize that if our top players were playing, we wouldn't have to try Darche, Moen, Lapierre etc... On the top 2 lines.

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
jonathan, freaking cheechoo didnt get claimed today on waivers

i am SHOCKED that dagostini is still on this team, SHOCKED!!! i just cant beleive it
Well Cheechoo makes $3 million, D'Ago makes $500,000 but yeah i'm shocked too they still keep this guy in the lineup.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
you know whats funny about this post?

the 4 D he left out were ALL signed in the offseason to 1 , 2, 3 year contracts, and MAB after a month
Yes coincidentally, the best ones are the ones we drafted + Gorges (we developed him though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Rebuild? Gauthier was the pro scout who helped Gainey make the decisions July 1st and he won't do anything now,don't expect anything on March 3rd,you will be dissapointed
I'm not. I'm not saying we have to trade them now, but we need to clean up a bit this summer in this department. It's horrible and I can't see how we can get worse defensemen than that.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:17 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Subban owned Pronger, that was funny as hell

Subban, Gomez, Gionta and Price played good

Subban got a point so moral victory
Why was Pronger so mad? He looked like he was going to hit Subban in the back with a dirty boarding shot. Idiot got out smarted by a rookie.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:17 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Does anyone actually think D'Agostini would get claimed if he got sent down?
Even if he did get claimed, why should we care? He's so useless...

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I hope Spacek, D'agostini and Lapierre are gone at the deadline, and I loved Lapierre last year, but this year he is like corn, hard to digest.
Some claimed Kostopoulos made Lapierre. Now, with 80% of the season done, I tend to agree with this. Kostopoulos was probably the fuel of the Lappy line last year -- without him, Lappy is nothing.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Inked87

vCash: 665
I'm not sure what I just witnessed at the bell center...but it sure as hell wasn't NHL caliber hockey. I was starting PK chants in the ex zone. woot! Other than that...horrible. Halak didn't keep us in the game, defense was nasty...

SIGH.....

Is it next season yet?

Inked87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:19 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Even if he did get claimed, why should we care? He's so useless...
I know, it seems like that is the only reason that he is still in the lineup though because they don't want to "lose" him.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
I know, it seems like that is the only reason that he is still in the lineup though because they don't want to "lose" him.
That must be the biggest hockey joke of the year.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Lapierre is useless without an enforcer beside him to fight his battles. Coward..

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

i was at the game

i feel bad for myself

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
Keep Markov, Subban, Obyrne, Gorges And rebuild the rest of the D from scratch.
Posted via Mobile Device
If we're going to rebuild, it would make no sense to keep Markov. He's our biggest trading asset and if we rebuilt it really doesn't make sense to waste him here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
the super elite 1st overall draft pick who can score,pass and fight and bring us the cup don't exist.
Who says it has to be a superstar? For Pete's sake man, if a teammate gets thrown to the ice you stand up for him, you don't just sit there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
we beat Washington and Pittsburg with our half Habs half Dogs lineup, it suck that we lost two in a row against Philly but our team could have been 10 time worst with all the injuries.

We're not contender but we have a good team and we can cause surprise in the playoff
Any team can upset another. The Coyotes beat Pittsburgh last week, so what?

As for the playoffs, yes we could upset a contender in a 7 game series. It would be just that though... an upset. And it's one thing to have an upset in the 1st round, it's a totally different to win the cup. We have no chance at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Rebuild? Gauthier was the pro scout who helped Gainey make the decisions July 1st and he won't do anything now,don't expect anything on March 3rd,you will be dissapointed
Sadly, you're probably right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I agree with the no grit. I really don't understand why they keep D'Ago-Desharnais to play on the 4th line. To me, it's as bad as having MAB and O'Byrne on the 4th.
Players not playing their positions.

I disagree with the heart part though. Saying that means they don't care and that's simply not true. You don't battle back from 3-0 in the third like yesterday if you don't care.

Our top scorers wouldn't have stood up for Plek, true. That's why I want White there, possibly Neilson or Stewart as well. But maybe they wouldn't have had to stand up for him because we'd be leading.
Maybe the Flyers don't stand a chance in this game if Cammy-Pouliot-A.Kost and Markov are all healthy. Maybe it doesn't change a thing.
One thing for sure, those are all guys that can help you score. They won't help you win fights, but at the end of the day, scoring is what counts. You can even argue MAB is a key guy out because of his point shot.

I agree on the grit part though. We need a minimum of that. It's frustrating because White has been quite decent while others useless, yet he's kept in AHL.
I don't even expect us to win fights but when you just watch as your teammate gets stomped an you do nothing? That's a lack of heart and it happens every night with this team. If you don't stand up for yourselves, you're going to get killed. There's not nearly enough guys on this team who understand this.

I know I sound negative but I'm a fan. I WANT this team to win. And in my opinion the only way this team can win is with radical changes and those changes won't happen until people come to the realization that we're not good enough to win. Until that happens nothing will change and we'll never go anywhere. When I argue for rebuilding it's because I want us to WIN, not because I want us to lose.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
i was at the game

i feel bad for myself
I feel bad for you my friend, how many lap dances could you have gotten.......

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:31 PM
eightyseven

At least we know some fans want to see Price do well. I believe there were "Carey" chants after Halak got lit up tonight.

I also loved the "PK! PK! PK!" chants.

It's tough when we have an AHL line-up, slow d-men and zero grit. The identity and philosphy of this team really has to change. If you look at a team like Ottawa, the have A LOT of character/grit, moreso than skill.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recchi29 View Post
On a side note Drag me to hell...not scary at all
after watching the habs for so many years i find that nothing scares me anymore.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:35 PM
sheed36

I still had hope that the Habs could make the playoffs this year on Thursday but after the back to back losses to the Flyers I think this years injury riddled Habs team may be done...

I'd prefer to be sellers at the deadline but I doubt that happens...

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:38 PM
NewHabsEra*

I liked how our vets snubbed Subban on the second goal, really liked it..

This D is the worst in the league, I keep saying it since the begin of the season and Subban proved me right again tonight giving them a hockey clinic..

OByrne as a keeper? lol this guy is a 7th defenseman on a good team..

Gorges has ton of heart but unfortunately his lack of pure skills will always make him nothing more than a valuable bottom pairing D.. I would keep him cause we need guys like him to win but isnt irreplacable..

Gill and Spacek are jerk, a shame for this jersey, Mara is fine where he is...

Markov is injury prone and never proved anything when it really matters, he is a great puckmover with great vision, solid defensively but Im effraid his last injury, a real bad one, affect his play in the future.. Personally I wouldnt be against trading him for 2 young promising D..

Subban is an absolute keeper, has everything to become an all star, he and Price are the only intouchables in my mind..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote