HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Get Booed Off Ice, into Olympics

Old
02-13-2010, 10:51 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Lets just forget about the Habs for a while and go cheer for Canada at the Olympics...The 2 week break will do us and the Habs some good...Lets enjoy the Olympic games in our country... Go Canada!!!

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 10:53 PM
HABsurde

You know who i might pissed of at?

# 79

We have to very important 4 points game against Philly, not do our die but still very important, and the guy is injured... but miraculasly, he'll be fine playing for Russia next tuesday (i guess)

these 2 games were important, even at 75%, he should have played and not trying to get better so he'll be peachy for team Russia who are not spitting 5.750 millions for him this season...

if he doesn't play this tuesday but later in the tournament, i'm fine with it, but if he does play at the beginning of the tournament, i'd be pretty pissed of and if i was in the Habs brass, i wouldn't be to keen about it, an as other have mentionned, i would strongly look into what he could bring us on the market...

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Our team doesnt' show heart on a consistent basis. Be honest, would you say that 'playing with heart' is something we're known for?

How many times during every intermission do we hear that the club isn't playing with nearly enough heart? How many times this year have we watched as this team has been pushed around?

There are no Maurice Richard type guys (and I mean heart wise, not skill wise) on this team. We don't have the guys who HATE to lose on this club. We're a bunch of panzies who are soft and don't pay the price to win.

And that shows a lack of heart.
I don't think we're a bunch of panzies.
Who's a panzie??..Gionta??..Cammy??..Gorges that got a puck in the back of the head and played the next game??..Plek who's having a career year??..

You're the first one to say this team isn't talented enough. Don't confuse lack of talent with lack of heart.

You can maybe make a case that 1-2 players don't give their all, but most of them do.

I think we just lack the talent.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 10:59 PM
CaptKirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post

# 79

We have to very important 4 points game against Philly, not do our die but still very important, and the guy is injured... but miraculasly, he'll be fine playing for Russia next tuesday (i guess)

these 2 games were important, even at 75%, he should have played and not trying to get better so he'll be peachy for team Russia who are not spitting 5.750 millions for him this season...

if he doesn't play this tuesday but later in the tournament, i'm fine with it, but if he does play at the beginning of the tournament, i'd be pretty pissed of and if i was in the Habs brass, i wouldn't be to keen about it, an as other have mentionned, i would strongly look into what he could bring us on the market...
I was about to post the exact same thing. I'm surprised someone hasn't started a thread on this yet.

CaptKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:04 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post

# 79

I commend you for this post.

Too many people here worship Markov like he is some sorrt of hockey God. Let's look at a bit of recent history:

2 years ago, after the Habs finish 1st overall, Markov sustains injuries into the playoffs, and his lacklustre play and missed games become the excuse as to why the Habs get owned in Round 2. Miraculously, Markov flies to the World Championships as soon as possible to play for Russia.

Last year he gets tooled by Grabovski and is out for the playoffs.

This season he missed 25 or so games to injury, and now is hurt again.

DO WE SEE A PATTERN HERE???

Deal his cap-friendly contract while he is still perceived as a top tier defensemen..... or we will be stuck with an enigmatic, injury prone player whom the Habs will likely overpay into the downturn of his career.

MARKOV NEEDS TO BE DEALT BY THE MARCH DEADLINE IF THE HABS WANT TO TRULY COMMIT TO WINNING.

And as far as talk of him being captain? Give me a break.

Gionta all the way (and if Cammalerri was healthy he'd be a strong candidate as well).

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Uncle Joe

I think the flyers are just a bunch of no good goons who push goalies and cheap shot people! This loss was on the refs!!

Uncle Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe View Post
I think the flyers are just a bunch of no good goons who push goalies and cheap shot people! This loss was on the refs!!
I'd say yesterdays loss was on the refs, of course. Today wasn't that bad.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:06 PM
TheBuriedHab

clinging on to 8th spot and all the teams around us have 2-3 games in hand. Not looking good. God if this team finishes 9th...

And is anyone else tired of Jacques Martin? We have had about 3 exciting games this season. I don't know how much longer I can take of this passive ass hockey. BOOOOORRRINNNGGG

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:14 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe View Post
In my best Simon Cowell impersonation, "I wasn't expecting that. You watched the game, you typed your first post ever on this board, and you did that!"

X

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:14 PM
CaptKirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post

Too many people here worship Markov like he is some sorrt of hockey God. Let's look at a bit of recent history:

2 years ago, after the Habs finish 1st overall, Markov sustains injuries into the playoffs, and his lacklustre play and missed games become the excuse as to why the Habs get owned in Round 2. Miraculously, Markov flies to the World Championships as soon as possible to play for Russia.

Deal his cap-friendly contract while he is still perceived as a top tier defensemen..... or we will be stuck with an enigmatic, injury prone player whom the Habs will likely overpay into the downturn of his career.

MARKOV NEEDS TO BE DEALT BY THE MARCH DEADLINE IF THE HABS WANT TO TRULY COMMIT TO WINNING.

Gionta all the way (and if Cammalerri was healthy he'd be a strong candidate as well).
I can live with him for the Grabovski hit or the freak accident at the start of this year. Those injuries could happen to any player. I can't live with a phantom injury keeping a player out of two of the most important games of the year and going to represent his country in the olympics 2 days later.

CaptKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:15 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
clinging on to 8th spot and all the teams around us have 2-3 games in hand. Not looking good. God if this team finishes 9th...

And is anyone else tired of Jacques Martin? We have had about 3 exciting games this season. I don't know how much longer I can take of this passive ass hockey. BOOOOORRRINNNGGG
stupid passive system. I was at the game, 4 guys plugged in the neutral area with another guy hovering just inside the blue line. FML

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:17 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
stupid passive system. I was at the game, 4 guys plugged in the neutral area with another guy hovering just inside the blue line. FML
And unfortunately PG was a big reason that Martin was hired. Doesn't look like hes going anywhere anytime soon.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

So let me get this straight. We can't win when Markov is out of the lineup... so we trade him away and start winning?

Apparently you're the one who expects him to be a God. He's somehow supposed to be able to carry our sorry excuse for a team while battling through injuries?

There's this thing that most good teams have, it's called depth. When our defense without Markov looks like a bunch of pylons, I hope you can tell we don't have any. Trading Markov away would only expose our defensive flaws even more. Then we have Hamrlik and Spacek who will likely leave after their contracts are done so we'll be left with the Hamilton Bulldogs on D.

And really? Two guys who've been injured for lengthy periods of time already, in this, their first year as Habs (Maybe this will continue and form a pattern) for captain? Someone likes to contradict himself.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:22 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

how is it that a bunch of people on a forum seriously seem to know better than the people running things. how blind are they with some of the descisions they make?

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Varlan

I'm glad Markov didn't play. Our defense core is way too crappy to compete post season anyway. Might as well just give some of the guys we expect to see next year a shot this year. Practice whatever bizarre puck possession game Martin has in mind, and prepare for next year.

Varlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post

Didn't you know? We're only allowed to pressure other teams once we're losing with less than 10 mins left to play.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:31 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
how is it that a bunch of people on a forum seriously seem to know better than the people running things. how blind are they with some of the descisions they make?
thats what happens when u live in a bubble. I still dont get why u would a Metropolit line in an offensive zone faceoff when u are trailing. This to makes no ****ing sense.

Old
02-13-2010, 11:33 PM
JackZap

I look at a guy like Moore, not that hes crap or anything but we have to many of these types of players. Small, fast not overly physical who plays really well without the puck

Old
02-13-2010, 11:43 PM
prairie hab

PLAYMAKER09

I'm not talking about winning for 2010.

I want to be winning in 2011,2012,2013,2014...........etc etc.

Markov:
a) on the bad side of 30 years
b) will want to break the bank when his contract is up
c) bad luck injuries or not, the guy is not in the lineup enough
d) seems indifferent to the potential of being identified as a team leader / captain candidate

YOU TRADE HIM WHILE HIS VALUE IS THE HIGHEST. I guarantee you his best hockey is behind him - as a Hab that is.

I'm not stupid. I realize Markov makes the rest of our D-core look horrendous when he is absent. It speaks to the lack of depth this organization has, and scouting/coaching/management takes a large share of the blame for this. But they need to realize the potential of the great return they can get for Markov NOW.

This year is a write-off. Desperate ploys and trades JUSt to make the playoffs will set this team back another several years.

SELL, SELL, SELL.

Markov will become more of a burden the longer he is with the Habs........

*And at least Gionta appears like he gives a ****....... unlike some other Habs I know.........

Old
02-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Hades

Well it is disappointing that Markov missed these two games and will probably play injured for his country. He's risking to get himself injured even more. The Kostitsyn case is less worse though, the Olympics will be good to get him going.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

So let me get this straight. We can't win when Markov is out of the lineup... so we trade him away and start winning?

Apparently you're the one who expects him to be a God. He's somehow supposed to be able to carry our sorry excuse for a team while battling through injuries?

There's this thing that most good teams have, it's called depth. When our defense without Markov looks like a bunch of pylons, I hope you can tell we don't have any. Trading Markov away would only expose our defensive flaws even more. Then we have Hamrlik and Spacek who will likely leave after their contracts are done so we'll be left with the Hamilton Bulldogs on D.

And really? Two guys who've been injured for lengthy periods of time already, in this, their first year as Habs (Maybe this will continue and form a pattern) for captain? Someone likes to contradict himself.
I think he is on to something? We traded Rivet and let Souray and Streit go. Look at how good our D is now and it would improve with Markov gone

Honorable mentions, loss of
Komisarek Beauchemin, Robidas

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Teufelsdreck

People should realize that our rants aren't heard in heaven and our polls mean nothing. We can't trade anyone or promote anyone or draft anyone or give ice time to anyone. The team we're seeing now is the best the Habs have to offer, considering the injuries. The Habs are only an average team (in the East, but not even that if they were playing in the West). With fewer injuries they'd have a better chance of making the playoffs, but that's it. There are better teams out there. We saw one in Philadelphia and again in the Bell Centre. I'd be interested in learning how the Habs could defeat the Flyers in a best of seven series.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:47 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
discuss
Welcome to Montreal PK?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:50 PM
JackZap

Quote:
PLAYMAKER09

I'm not talking about winning for 2010.

I want to be winning in 2011,2012,2013,2014...........etc etc.

Markov:
a) on the bad side of 30 years
b) will want to break the bank when his contract is up
c) bad luck injuries or not, the guy is not in the lineup enough
d) seems indifferent to the potential of being identified as a team leader / captain candidate

YOU TRADE HIM WHILE HIS VALUE IS THE HIGHEST. I guarantee you his best hockey is behind him - as a Hab that is.

I'm not stupid. I realize Markov makes the rest of our D-core look horrendous when he is absent. It speaks to the lack of depth this organization has, and scouting/coaching/management takes a large share of the blame for this. But they need to realize the potential of the great return they can get for Markov NOW.

This year is a write-off. Desperate ploys and trades JUSt to make the playoffs will set this team back another several years.

SELL, SELL, SELL.

Markov will become more of a burden the longer he is with the Habs........

*And at least Gionta appears like he gives a ****....... unlike some other Habs I know.........
I get what u are saying. You could trade Markov for another elite player but on the other hand, Markov could play for another 7 years for this team. Even at 37, he will be in our top 3.

Old
02-13-2010, 11:53 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I think he is on to something? We traded Rivet and let Souray and Streit go. Look at how good our D is now and it would improve with Markov gone

Honorable mentions, loss of
Komisarek Beauchemin, Robidas

You would seriously want Souray, Komisarek, and Beauchemin at their salaries?!

That is hilarious.

Go look up the statistic called "Games Played" and get back to me. We already have enough guys making $5 million per season or more on this team. We don't need any more - especially when they play less than 50% of the season...........

Teams like Detroit, Chicago, and Pittsburgh have built through their draft. Detroit always seemed to know when to get rid of a veteran contract at the right time, and getting a nice blend of picks and prospects in the mix (plus good drafting).

Will Markov remaining a Hab over the next four years get us a Cup? Who knows. What I do know is that he can make 6-7 million a season from now on...........
We already have Gomez...

No such thing as a re-build in Montreal - just desperation to MAKE the playoffs. The years of Les Glorieux are long over my friend.