HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Torts is out of control

Old
02-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Nyrvana

vCash: 500
I think Larry Brooks is out of control. He definitely has his own ego problems. Torts had a right to be upset, there was nothing over the top about it.

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 08:58 AM
morffin

Anyone else getting this : PreloadHandler-2.ashx

when they visit the Post?
It gets automatically downloaded to my desktop.
Using a Mac w/ Safari

God I hate The Post.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Celestial Black

Oh Larry...

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

It's like Larry didn't even watch. Torts pointed to the end of the bench, Del Zotto didn't see it, so he touched Del Zotto's shoulder and pointed to the end of the bench again. Such a non issue.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:26 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Agitator View Post
I miss JJ.
and that has to do with...?

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:30 AM
asparkoflife

Brooks' Anti-Torts angle is out of control.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:32 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

So seriously, after watching the Rangers-Nashville game on Wednesday, who do you think needs more work on discipline and self-control, the 19-year-old rookie defenseman who chirped at a referee, or the 51-year-old bus stop bully who berated the kid with fury in public view at the bench?

John Tortorella came about as close as possible to going Bobby Knight on Michael Del Zotto after the freshmanís unsportsmanlike conduct penalty helped put the Blueshirts in a hole from which they did not recover, even though they had 23:50 of hockey left to score a goal.

No one can convince me Tortorella was in control of himself at that moment, though a good five minutes had elapsed since Del Zotto was hit with a double minor the team almost killed. It looked as if the coach was going to take the young man's dinner money.

Had Tortorella done that, had he taken his dinner money, he would be gone. If Tortorella ever does anything like that, he will be gone. No team can have that, college or pro.

As a matter of full disclosure, Tortorella and I have not exchanged a word since Philadelphia. But I donít need my mouth or ears to see. What I saw Wednesday was a lack of discipline similar to last yearís Game 5 water bottle incident in Washington, where rage replaced reason.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
and that has to do with...?
did you read the article? It's primarily an article based on JJ and the olympics

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:47 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Larry Brooks is awful. And I didn't know looked like E.T so much.

Attachment 37892
Attachment 37893
More like a decrepit James Spader, don't ya think?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:47 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

OMG Brooks. Get a grip.

Go find a bus stop or something.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:51 AM
bubba5

Torts is the last person to preach disapline. What coach reacts to fans the way he did, gets suspended for a home clinching series game (game 6). He lost all credablity after that! If I was the player getting yelled at for disapline I would just say to him "want a water bottle?"

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:58 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Torts is the last person to preach disapline. What coach reacts to fans the way he did, gets suspended for a home clinching series game (game 6). He lost all credablity after that! If I was the player getting yelled at for disapline I would just say to him "want a water bottle?"

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:04 AM
clmetsfan

The fact that this article ever saw the light of day shows how credible the Post is in general. A coach is out of control because to a guy who admittedly hates him, it appeared as if he MIGHT physically assault a player who, for all intents and purposes, deserved to be chewed out for a stupid mistake? This may be a new low for Brooksie.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
The fact that this article ever saw the light of day shows how credible the Post is in general. A coach is out of control because to a guy who admittedly hates him, it appeared as if he MIGHT physically assault a player who, for all intents and purposes, deserved to be chewed out for a stupid mistake? This may be a new low for Brooksie.
Rangers fans are looking for coverage on the team, not coverage on Brooks-Torts relationship. He really needs to be a professional and stay away from that. It starts with not pointlessly mentioning it in his articles.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I'm no Brooks fan, but i agree that Torts shouldnt have done that in public. In fact I didn't think it was necessary at all, that WAS a borderline call on Del Z, glad he stuck up for himself, NHL refs are so testy.

But of course, its one incident this year, if he does it again then Larry would have a point.

If it were Avery would Torts have reacted the same way?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Today's post game should be fun

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Overreact much, Larry?
This. As time goes on I care less and less with what he has to say. He's no longer an objective journalist and objectivity, to me, is one of the most important aspects of being a journalist. I can care less how much of a bias he has against Tortorella and how lowly he thinks of him being a head coach. His opinion doesn't matter much anymore because he has made it blatantly clear for his strong distaste towards Tortorella. And to say he was going to potentially assault MDZ? Give me a break, he is really reaching for things that aren't there to paint a bad picture of him. Credibility = Lost.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
This. As time goes on I care less and less with what he has to say. He's no longer an objective journalist and objectivity, to me, is one of the most important aspects of being a journalist. I can care less how much of a bias he has against Tortorella and how lowly he thinks of him being a head coach. His opinion doesn't matter much anymore because he has made it blatantly clear for his strong distaste towards Tortorella.
One question to all the peeps bashing Larry. Again, i'm not even a fan of his, but I think this is key: Didn't Larry recently ask Torts a valid hockey question to only see Torts turn on him and act like a bias jerk?

To me, they are both guilty, and for what? Its silly BS, but in both cases, the Philly game and now this, Larry has a point.

Old
02-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah Larry, no coach has ever yelled at his players before. You're on the right track here

This is basically a character assassination article. How long has Tortorella been coaching in some capacity at the NHL level? Has he ever hit a player or done something that Larry Brooks is stopping just short of accusing him? Has this ever been a problem? No. Brooks needed something to write about so he's trumping up some ********. I find Brooks' behavior more disgusting than anything Tortorella has done here

Absolutely. This is like someone saying because they saw a guy smoking a cigarette that he'd be fired from his job if he ever started smoking crack.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:28 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
One question to all the peeps bashing Larry. Again, i'm not even a fan of his, but I think this is key: Didn't Larry recently ask Torts a valid hockey question to only see Torts turn on him and act like a bias jerk?

To me, they are both guilty, and for what? Its silly BS, but in both cases, the Philly game and now this, Larry has a point.
Exactly. This goes way back but up until now Torts is the one who can't leave it alone and always has to be an ass about things. He's the one who started this all over again in Philly. That being said, there's no reason for Brooks to comment about any of it in his article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic and agreeing with the poster or you're really saying that but if it's the latter then you're only saying that because there's no way you can argue that posters point.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Crease

Awful article by Larry. He clearly shows his disdain and agenda towards Torts here.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Awful article by Larry. He clearly shows his disdain and agenda towards Torts here.
Again, are you ignoring the fact Torts pretty much did the same thing to Larry in a professional setting just a short time ago??

You get back what you give.

Old
02-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Again, are you ignoring the fact Torts pretty much did the same thing to Larry in a professional setting just a short time ago??

You get back what you give.
Of course. Not excusing Torts poor behavior in the press room. But the two of them going back and forth is really becoming annoying, and at the expense of fans who would actually like useful information on whats going on with the team.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Of course. Not excusing Torts poor behavior in the press room. But the two of them going back and forth is really becoming annoying, and at the expense of fans who would actually like useful information on whats going on with the team.
I agree, but this is what we get - instead of great hockey, interesting player stories, we have a team that gets its best entertainment off the ice.

Brooks sells papers, not sure what Torts gets out of this.

Old
02-14-2010, 11:46 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

brooks needs to stop making his articles personal. he loses whatever credability he still may have.

that said, i cant stand tortorella either.

fire torts

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote