Notices

Trade thought????

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 09:55 AM
MacBruin

vCash: 500
Trade thought????

After hearing what happened last night (9-0 D.) Not that it is new idea,but the B's still may need g-tending and nobody has stepped up to become that 2nd line center. The D. can be improved without subtracting any one from the current roster by signing Boynton and Berard. But it is quite apparent that they have to make a trade to shore up those two problems. I think a Sean Burke would be very adequate short term answer and a good mentor for Razor. Also Chris Gratton would fit in very well. He is big, tough and has some offence in his game.
With the emergence of young P.Bergeon I think he can take the place of A.Hilbert as the "center prospect". I also think that with the amount of depth the B's have at defenceman prospects they probably could afford to part with Shaone Morrison. Adding Rob Zam. in the deal would give the Yotes a proven NHLer. He can be replaced with a kid.

To the Bruins-
S. Burke
C. Gratton
3rd r n d pick

To the Yotes
A.Hibert
S.Morrison
R.Zam.

Now that creates a problem with Potvin and Shields what to with them?
Option 1. There is the waiver draft.
2. Buy one or both of contracts out.
3. See if there is a trade to be had for what ever.
Or maybe I'm just nuts!!

Tanks for reading!!

Old
09-25-2003, 11:37 AM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Doubtful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal For It
After hearing what happened last night (9-0 D.) Not that it is new idea,but the B's still may need g-tending and nobody has stepped up to become that 2nd line center. The D. can be improved without subtracting any one from the current roster by signing Boynton and Berard. But it is quite apparent that they have to make a trade to shore up those two problems. I think a Sean Burke would be very adequate short term answer and a good mentor for Razor. Also Chris Gratton would fit in very well. He is big, tough and has some offence in his game.
With the emergence of young P.Bergeon I think he can take the place of A.Hilbert as the "center prospect". I also think that with the amount of depth the B's have at defenceman prospects they probably could afford to part with Shaone Morrison. Adding Rob Zam. in the deal would give the Yotes a proven NHLer. He can be replaced with a kid.

To the Bruins-
S. Burke
C. Gratton
3rd r n d pick

To the Yotes
A.Hibert
S.Morrison
R.Zam.

Now that creates a problem with Potvin and Shields what to with them?
Option 1. There is the waiver draft.
2. Buy one or both of contracts out.
3. See if there is a trade to be had for what ever.
Or maybe I'm just nuts!!

Tanks for reading!!
First off the Coyotes are in a bit of a cost cutting mode so Zamuner would not be welcome. Secondly I think adding a third round pick on the Yotes side might be a bit much coming back our way. I don't think the deal is too far off value-wise if you cut out Zam and the third but then again I am not a Yotes fan so I have no idea what areas there team needs improvement.

Old
09-25-2003, 12:00 PM
Ratty

Reflecting on the premise of your trade, doesn't it occur that we are in this mess because Okie gave away our #2 centre, and signed Potvin when nobody else wanted him?

Old
09-25-2003, 01:53 PM
Still a Bruin fan

Burke is the guy I wanted all along, but I'm not interested in sending them Morrisonn in any deal that would send back 2 short term plugs.

I'll consider Hilbert or Huml for either, but not Shaone.
I'd much rather keep our defensive depth and begin working them in to the lineup. If Jillson and/or Lars from Mars never cut it, the depth suddenly doesn't look so good back there.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Gratton

I've liked Gratton, and I proposed a similar trade to this recently. However, looking into it more, the guy got four points in 14 games for Phoenix, and he's certainly on the down side of his career already: that won't solve our center problems. We'd be better off with Bergeron, or Ronning. Maybe we should send Hilbert, Huml and Shields to CGY for Conroy and a pick?

Old
09-25-2003, 02:17 PM
misterjaggers

All we'll get out of Burkes is one year, so what you've proposed is a rather expensive short-term fix.

If I thought adding Burkes would take the Bruins to the finals, I'd say 'yes', but I think we're still a few pieces away...

Old
09-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Still a Bruin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
I've liked Gratton, and I proposed a similar trade to this recently. However, looking into it more, the guy got four points in 14 games for Phoenix, and he's certainly on the down side of his career already: that won't solve our center problems. We'd be better off with Bergeron, or Ronning. Maybe we should send Hilbert, Huml and Shields to CGY for Conroy and a pick?
I bet Conroy will be a deadline acquisition for somebody, and a very good one for sure.
Being an UFA after the season, I suspect the Bruins are out of the running for him.
The price will be still be quite high or Calgary will just keep him for the year.
Calgary might as well go all out with a firesale if they deal Conroy early in the year. Can you say Iginla? It's all gonna be a tough sell for the paying customers if Conroy is gone, followed by Iginla.
Conroy is a REAL solid player.
Sending both Hilbert and Huml would leave this team with excrutiating thin up front, though.
We'd almost have to dip into free agency next couple years just to fill out the stinking lineup, and hope Zino can play now, and Bergeron can play sooner rather than later.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:21 PM
Hordichuk_24

Phoenix doesn't really have any interest in trading Gratton at the moment.

Closed Thread