HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky on the block (Garrioch)

Old
02-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiveseed View Post
I noticed people bring up the Dubinsky for Heatley thing whenever trade rumors pop up, but remind me how we were going to fit Heatley under the cap again? I don't recall Ottawa ever talking about taking Rozi or Redden, so wasnt it between Gaborik and Heatley?
The offer with Ottawa always included Michael Rozsival.

Slats first offer was Rozsival+Zherdev, we assumed Murray countered with something like Rozsival+Dubinsky+pick or Rozsival+Staal.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:48 AM
beastly115

Living in South Florida, I see a lot of Weiss. Guy is legit. Reminds me of Savard. Put Gaborik on his wing, and he'll put up 80 pts no prob. He's becoming a legit #1 C and flying under the radar doing it. Dubinsky + Girardi for Weiss would be amazing.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:51 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
The offer with Ottawa always included Michael Rozsival.

Slats first offer was Rozsival+Zherdev, we assumed Murray countered with something like Rozsival+Dubinsky+pick or Rozsival+Staal.
IIRC, it was Rozsival, Duby, Potter, 1st for Heatley. But you're right, I believe Slats 1st offer included Zherdev.

Old
02-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
IIRC, it was Rozsival, Duby, Potter, 1st for Heatley. But you're right, I believe Slats 1st offer included Zherdev.
That doesnt look like such a terrible deal now eh?

Old
02-14-2010, 11:54 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Florida fans seem to think Weiss is their future captain. You guys think Florida is going to trade him?

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:57 AM
pete3589

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Living in South Florida, I see a lot of Weiss. Guy is legit. Reminds me of Savard. Put Gaborik on his wing, and he'll put up 80 pts no prob. He's becoming a legit #1 C and flying under the radar doing it. Dubinsky + Girardi for Weiss would be amazing.
This.

We are in need of a first line center. At worst Weiss is a 2nd line center. He has never played with a talent like Gaborik, and I think he would flourish here.

I just can't see why in God's name Florida would want to part with this guy.

pete3589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Florida fans seem to think Weiss is their future captain. You guys think Florida is going to trade him?
Atlanta traded their current captain and the face of their franchise.

02-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Bit of a different set of circumstances what with the expiring contract and the outrageous contract demands wouldn't you say?

Old
02-14-2010, 12:07 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I think you have to look at moving Dubinsky. Granted, I'm not as big a fan of the guy as some but he's the kind of guy who will actually bring back something that can really help this team. To me, he's over 200 games into his career and there's still too many "he could bes". And that's while playing consistently with the team's best offensive players.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
beastly115

Quote:
The guys from Florida that are going to haul in the major assets are guys like Weiss, Boothe, Frolik, Horton, etc. If Florida wants to re-build, some of those guys will have to go.

It'd be like Sather saying he wants to purge the team and only wanting to trade Voros, Lisin, and Brashear. They won't bring anything significant back.

Old
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3589 View Post
This.

We are in need of a first line center. At worst Weiss is a 2nd line center. He has never played with a talent like Gaborik, and I think he would flourish here.

I just can't see why in God's name Florida would want to part with this guy.
I think Dubinsky can be a real good 2nd line C and he plays with heart

I rather see them just move Rozsival, Girardi, Voros , Lisin and if they have to sweeten the pot then unfortunatly Sanguinetti but that better bring back a good young Dman and a top 6

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Bit of a different set of circumstances what with the expiring contract and the outrageous contract demands wouldn't you say?
I would but if a team is tearing it down, whether or not he's the future captain is pretty irrelevant.

Old
02-14-2010, 12:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I rather see them just move Rozsival, Girardi, Voros , Lisin and if they have to sweeten the pot then unfortunatly Sanguinetti but that better bring back a good young Dman and a top 6
Your not getting a player that will truly help this team for that, let alone two players.

Old
02-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Trading Sanguinetti isnt going to get us what we'd hope for a former first round pick at this point anyways. So we might as well hold onto him, hope he makes the NHL and his stock grows from there.

This would be a very Al Montoya-ish time to trade Bobby.

Girardi, he could probably get us a comparable RFA 3rd line forward

Old
02-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Trading Sanguinetti isnt going to get us what we'd hope for a former first round pick at this point anyways. So we might as well hold onto him, hope he makes the NHL and his stock grows from there.

This would be a very Al Montoya-ish time to trade Bobby.

Girardi, he could probably get us a comparable RFA 3rd line forward
maybe I am thinking to highly of them. I just think Girardi still is looked at around the league as a solid top 4 Dman and could get back something similar.

Also a yr ago we dealt Korpikoski for Lisin. I still think Lisin has value. Voros not so much. If he gets waived I could care less but someone may take a chance on him for one more year

Not sure how Sangs is not viewed as a solid prospect. If your right then keep him and play him full time next yr cause he is bound to break out. He has great numbers in the A

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Because he is a 21 year old AHL superstar who is questionable in his own end. Nobody knows if he will be able to hold is own in the NHL.

I like the kid, and I want to think he'll succeed, but I think questions are going to be asked by potential trade partners as to why guys like MDZ(2 years younger) and Gilroy(straight out of college) are on the pro squad when he isnt.

I think if we wait one year and he puts up a 30-35 point rookie season on the second pp unit, the return will be substantially better.

Old
02-14-2010, 12:20 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Quote:
Kovalchuk was a FA to be looking for max money. Weiss is locked up for 3-4 more years at a very reasonable cap hit of 3.125, or something like that.

Not very similar situations, of course that all means nothing. Anyone can be traded, except Drury and Redden!

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
maybe I am thinking to highly of them. I just think Girardi still is looked at around the league as a solid top 4 Dman and could get back something similar.

Not sure how Sangs is not viewed as a solid prospect. If your right then keep him and play him full time next yr cause he is bound to break out. He has great numbers in the A
I think we underrate Girardi a bit. 25, inexpensive, was a league-leader in hits last season. Good size. Can play 20 minutes a night. Has played against Crosby, AO, Kovy, etc.

I really think we can get a top-6 player for him. A somewhat questionable one though, ala Zherdev.

I wouldn't even think about trading Dubi+Girardi unless a 1st liner under 30 is coming back.

The big picture is what matters here. Are we better off trying to unload big contracts, and invest that money properly towards players that can produce? Or trade a bunch of nickels and dimes, for a quarter?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:21 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
I think you have to look at moving Dubinsky. Granted, I'm not as big a fan of the guy as some but he's the kind of guy who will actually bring back something that can really help this team. To me, he's over 200 games into his career and there's still too many "he could bes". And that's while playing consistently with the team's best offensive players.
I agree with your logic but after all the things this organization has done poorly over the decades I have a hard time moving a player like Dubinsky who is home grown and actually shows the heart and passion that this kid does.

He's still so young and while he may not ever be that 1st line center that we need he can be a very key component to a successful team.

He's the kind of kid I want this organization to build around, and not deal just to bring in some guy with loads of talent and no work ethic or dedication to this organization.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I would take a few steps back when talking about Weiss and Booth. Just so there is no let down here. Sure, Florida is going to tear everything down. However, you need pieces to build around. Those pieces from what i've heard from Floridians, and would've guessed myself are Weiss and Booth.

Horton on the other hand seems to be the one available. I guess time will tell.

Also, you can in no way compare the Kovalchuk situation to the Weiss situation. One was an impending free agent asking for a ridiculous sum of money while the other is under contract.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:30 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
I agree with your logic but after all the things this organization has done poorly over the decades I have a hard time moving a player like Dubinsky who is home grown and actually shows the heart and passion that this kid does.

He's still so young and while he may not ever be that 1st line center that we need he can be a very key component to a successful team.

He's the kind of kid I want this organization to build around, and not deal just to bring in some guy with loads of talent and no work ethic or dedication to this organization.
Heart and passion is great. But when are we going to see more results?

Old
02-14-2010, 12:31 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
I would take a few steps back when talking about Weiss and Booth. Just so there is no let down here. Sure, Florida is going to tear everything down. However, you need pieces to build around. Those pieces from what i've heard from Floridians, and would've guessed myself are Weiss and Booth.

Horton on the other hand seems to be the one available. I guess time will tell.

Also, you can in no way compare the Kovalchuk situation to the Weiss situation. One was an impending free agent asking for a ridiculous sum of money while the other is under contract.

Yeah this is the part I'm not understanding. People keep talking about Florida tearing it down but I would've thought these are guys that are your core and you're trying to shed the other dead weight around them. You don't tear it down and rebuild by trading away your core of young talent.

Old
02-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I think Its Dubi's hot-and-cold scoring that turns people off.

But he has seasons of 40, 41, and looking to be about 43 in a shorter season this year which are actually o.k. for a young second liner.

I dont know why people are so much higher on Anisimov, who looks like he's going to have a concussion soon.

Old
02-14-2010, 12:33 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Heart and passion is great. But when are we going to see more results?

Can't we argue that with the majority of our players over the past decade?

There's no guarantee that what we get back for him would produce either.

Atleast Dubi is young, committed, intense, and cares.

Those are some things that this organization could use a lot more of.

Old
02-14-2010, 12:35 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
I think Its Dubi's hot-and-cold scoring that turns people off.

But he has seasons of 40, 41, and looking to be about 43 in a shorter season this year which are actually o.k. for a young second liner.

I dont know why people are so much higher on Anisimov, who looks like he's going to have a concussion soon.
You're right. It's the lack of consistency and more concerning to me that invisibility in random games that gets people on him. On the whole though his body of work is respectable.

Ani does need to look where the hell he's going. He's the new Prucha.