HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky on the block (Garrioch)

Old
02-14-2010, 01:35 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
THE brandon dubinsky is on the block?

Dubi+girardi = horton?
God, i hope we'd get a better return for Dubi.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 01:42 PM
satrabyk

I like Dubinsky so i would not trade him unless we are getting back a better player or one with more pot.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 01:45 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playstationline View Post
this was unbelievable. Chara was absolutely undressed.
Nice goal! but no one even paid attention to him until he got to the boston blue line. in the end, it was really just good one move against a good defenseman - which we've seen before.

Old
02-14-2010, 01:49 PM
BklyNYR4Life

On most teams, Dubinsky would be a legitimate 2nd liner. He's spent his career so far being a defacto first liner due to our lack of high end offensive talent. That needs to be strongly considered on any discussion around trading Dubinsky.

Being thrust into a role that he shouldn't have been (even including the fact that he's gotten to play with Jagr and Gaborik) Dubinsky has showed development, and when he doesn't have so much put on him, is when he should really get it going. I have no problem with him being a consistent 50-60 point, 2nd line guy. I don't think we'd get much in return that it's worth trading him.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 01:57 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
On most teams, Dubinsky would be a legitimate 2nd liner. He's spent his career so far being a defacto first liner due to our lack of high end offensive talent. That needs to be strongly considered on any discussion around trading Dubinsky.

Being thrust into a role that he shouldn't have been (even including the fact that he's gotten to play with Jagr and Gaborik) Dubinsky has showed development, and when he doesn't have so much put on him, is when he should really get it going. I have no problem with him being a consistent 50-60 point, 2nd line guy. I don't think we'd get much in return that it's worth trading him.
This.

The organization is better off keeping players it has developed and trade only when its a necessity. Dubinsky doesn't need to be traded. He is an effective player in the offensive zone and I also doubt we would get a return that would benefit us.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:02 PM
lbrowne

Sign me up for the group saying they hope this is false.

Dubi has to stay a Ranger.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:05 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
This.

The organization is better off keeping players it has developed and trade only when its a necessity. Dubinsky doesn't need to be traded. He is an effective player in the offensive zone and I also doubt we would get a return that would benefit us.
Dubinsky is a 2B/3A center. In 5 years he will likely develop into a 1B/2A center but the Rangers have no history of waiting that long. In another Dubi thread I pointed out that Patrick Marleau SEVEN seasons to break 60 points. While Dubi is no Marleau, I see the same sort of development arc.

That's why I think if we trade Dubi, it has to be as part of a package for a #1 top 3 player.

What would Dubi, Girardi, Rosival (cap), and a 1st land us? I'm thinking more along those lines.

Savard > Weiss. Weiss + Gaborik = 80pts? Savard + Gaborik = 100+ pts
Savard - another player who took ~7 seasons to put it all together. A player that was Ranger property we juuuuust didn't have the patience to wait around for.

Old
02-14-2010, 02:15 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I propose that we have a rule similar to the Eklund rule where Garrioch's name has to be in the headline of any thread that quotes him. He is not a credible source.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:16 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
This.

How true.

Hasn't one of our chief complaints as Rangers fans been that this team has no identity? Just a bunch of gutless mercenaries for the past 15 years?

It would seem the future identity of this team could be players like Dubi, Cally, Hank, and Staal as drafted homegrowns plugging away, paying their dues,and feeling this team is their own. Along with Tort's firey GO,GO,GO concept (which we saw early this year and got away from due to lack of talent) forming a core identity for this team and a belief system for the next group (Stepan, Kreider, Bourque) to walk into and build upon. But thats not going to happen if we keep pushing for these wacky trade idea's because somebody isnt the next Crosby or AO in their 3rd year in the league.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Gagner yes but not sure about Penner. I just have my doubts about him. Career year maybe? I would stay away from him.
I would agree with you if it was 2012 or 2013, but he's 27.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Chalfdiggity3

NO NO NO!!! stop trying to deal our top draft picks!!! We should be trying to aquire top picks and young talent. Keep the young players and our prospects.. THATS how you build a team the right way.. then surround them with the right vets to help allow them to succeed

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:31 PM
geisenNYR

Dubinsky + Girardi + Gilroy + 2010 1st rounder for Lecavalier + Scott Jackson

geisenNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

I love Dubi and would be sad to see him go... but with that said, if you get a legit top 3 guy in return, I'd say do it. Not an old aging top 3 that we lose after this year but a guy like Horton or Weiss I would accept. Dubi is a legit second liner already and will probably be a great one later in his career so I wouldn't make any foresighted moves. Especially because how good he is for the team.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:33 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisenNYR View Post
Dubinsky + Girardi + Gilroy + 2010 1st rounder for Lecavalier + Scott Jackson
No.

We are not a Lecavalier away from winning the cup. If we are to spend that much money on player then I rather it be on Kovalchuk.

If neither, its best to spend that money in 2-3 players that help us fill several holes on this team.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Chalfdiggity3

ur kidding with that trade idea right? Vinny L is mediocre right now with a HORRIBLE contract. you want to get rid of good young talent for a whatever player with possibly a worse contract than redden. Thank god your not the gm.

Old
02-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Chalfdiggity3

How about Girardi, Sangs, and our 2nd rnd pick for Seidenberg and their 1st?

Old
02-14-2010, 02:46 PM
coolbean04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
How about Girardi, Sangs, and our 2nd rnd pick for Seidenberg and their 1st?
H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E-!

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Chalfdiggity3

then what wouldnt be horrible? we need another top 15pick in the first round to truly have a couple of bluechip forward prospects..or maybe move up to get seguin is what we need. i like girardi and hope he remains a cheap viable 3-4dman.. redden needs to go, rosie can stay if he continues to play this way...we need to be sellers at the deadline but with these two last wins we arent and its going to be a sad day when we lose in the first round again n get screwed with the draft pick.

Old
02-14-2010, 03:03 PM
coolbean04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
then what wouldnt be horrible? we need another top 15pick in the first round to truly have a couple of bluechip forward prospects..or maybe move up to get seguin is what we need. i like girardi and hope he remains a cheap viable 3-4dman.. redden needs to go, rosie can stay if he continues to play this way...we need to be sellers at the deadline but with these two last wins we arent and its going to be a sad day when we lose in the first round again n get screwed with the draft pick.
No we don't need another top 15 pick. Top 5 is extremely deep and 15th is pretty weak. This draft is top heavy and overall is a very weak draft.

So you want to trade a former 1st rounder who has shown promise (Sang), Girardi, and a 2nd round pick to move up 25-30 spots? All that for a question mark?

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Vitto79

How about we enjoy the past 2 wins and the fact that the team has showed some balls the last 2 games.....keep our top young players, Dubi, Ani, Cally................if you trade anyone obviously Lisin has been benched lately, Voros may get some attention......Rozsival's value must be as high as it can be now and Girardi is still a good young D

Basically only guys on the table are Rozy, Girardi, Voros, Lisin.............no high picks, no top prospects

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Agitator View Post
Yesterday night...

THat was so sexy. I would love him in blue.

02-14-2010, 03:11 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
For the love of God, there is NO reason to trade Brandon Dubinsky, unless it's for a superstar. Horton? Get out of here! Dubisnky's offense isn't that much worse than Horton's, and Dubinsky's work ethic is 1000 times better. Stephen Weiss? Yeah he's not bad, but not even close to the kind of player we should be talking about with Dubinsky. Posting one nice youtube goal doesn't make a player great...Weiss has never been a star, and was a big underachiever. He is having a pretty good year this year, but trading Dubinsky for him is senseless.

Why the hell do we want to trade one of the foundational pieces of this team unless it's for a star...something Florida doesn't have.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Pizza

This has always been a problem.

The Rangers have a terrible history of trading young players that blossom while the players coming back often falter in NY.

Imo it would be a mistake to trade Dubinsky at this point. He could be a huge factor in future success.

I've never understood this desire to give up on young talent so quickly.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Levitate

The downside to trading Dubinsky is that even with his inconsistent point production, he does things out there that really benefit the team and which the Rangers wouldn't have a replacement for.

Being able to lug the puck through the neutral zone, his play along the boards (easily the best on the entire team), puck control, etc. I guess you can call it "intangibles", but it's something I wouldn't trade Dubinsky for just a small bump in offensive production, especially when I think he's fully capable of 60 points per season if he can just work things out a little better.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Pizza

I'll also add that two years ago there some rumors about a similar deal involving Horton and Dubinsky.

Hindsight has shown it was not a good idea then nor would it be now.

Dubinsky is still very young and figuring out his game. I'd give up any thought to trading him for at least another season or two. At least then we'll have some idea how Kreider and Grachev are shaping up.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote