HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#62 • 2.14.10 • NY Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning • 1:00 pm • MSG-HD

Old
02-14-2010, 04:34 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Details dude, Give us the details after the game

I was seated in sec. 304 there was a little girl seated right behind me witha home made poster, so the Camera guy is standing at the foot of our section with 3 NYR PR people & were trying to get his attention but he has the camera fixed on one spot towrds the botteom 3 or 4 rows below me.

Suddenly during a stopage the PA comes on & makes an announcement pretaining to the proposal,I think he called out the names & we see this couple, two rather large mammel's I might add, & the on Gareden vison it says will you ( name) be my Blue shirt bride & the guys is sitting there like he is the bomb all laid back & the girl is FLIPPING OUT she is like Oh no u didn't & shaking her head no & waving her hands in the air, & the guy is like what, c'mon.

So now the entire Arena knows what's going on & they are not being kind,he gets up & storms out with the guy following behind.

What made this so great was that the camera man stayed with them the entire time until they hit the alley & man that was a looooooooong walk.

It was freakin CLASSIC! I've been waiting for somthing like this to happen for years. I hope there is a you tube or it shows up on the local news.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 04:39 PM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Damnit Rangers, you just gotta win at the wrong times.

I bet my life Sather thinks this little winning streak will succumb to more wins and now he'll be a buyer.
The Rangers will be fine in the off season. Slats has not done any harm to their future of late, and will protect their prospects.

Why won't you be happy for this team this year? Instead of playing wanna be GM.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Zzzherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Avery's Penalty Shot:

Thanks for the YT! I didn't think that Avery could shoot like that. He has much more skill than some people give him credit for

Zzzherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 04:53 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 05:07 PM
ohbaby

Do you know what song fits this win today? Only Stan can get away with such a ridiculous question.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 05:14 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
Do you know what song fits this win today? Only Stan can get away with such a ridiculous question.
Stan is a crazy old man.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Stan is a crazy old man.
Lately he's been getting on my nerves.

I used to like him but I'm slowly but surely starting to dislike him.

He comes off to me like a Devils fan but I've read that he's a Leafs fan and that's what he grew up as. But he's always doing Devils games and talking about Brodeur almost as much as Chico does.

Stan also says some real dumb things that make absolutely no sense -- kind of like when your grandpa tells you a story and you just nod along and smile but have no idea wtf he just said.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 06:07 PM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post

He comes off to me like a Devils fan but I've read that he's a Leafs fan and that's what he grew up as. But he's always doing Devils games and talking about Brodeur almost as much as Chico does.

Stan also says some real dumb things that make absolutely no sense -- kind of like when your grandpa tells you a story and you just nod along and smile but have no idea wtf he just said.
Isn't he eternally optimistic about the Rangers? He clearly roots for them.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 06:57 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/5942

Quote:
“Aves’ shot is a great move, and a big goal for us,” Lundqvist said after making 27 saves and earning second-star status. “I challenged him in practice, told him he would never do that move in a game, but he did today. It was awesome.”
Also, this gem from Christensen -- one of the nicest guys on the team:

Quote:
“You ask any player, even when I got that assist on the first goal, your adrenaline just goes up and you want more and more,” Christensen said. “Once you get that first one, you just crave more. It’s like a drug.”

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 07:05 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post

Interesting...a Leafs fan from Brooklyn.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
Just got back from the game.. f'in awesome!!

Net Front Presence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 07:13 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Edmonton is the only example I can think of an 8 seed coming close to winning the Cup. I'd be curious know how many 8 or 7 seeds have actually done it.

And why should we have confidence in our team? Because its OUR team? Great game today, very happy with the effort, but show me some consistency and sustained success before I go and think we can win 16 playoff games.

EDIT: A quick search finds that Edmonton is the ONLY 8th seed to ever make it to the Finals. They didn't win. The only times the "worst" seed won the Stanley Cup were the 1938 Blackhawks and the 1949 Leafs.

The 1994 Canucks were either a 7th or 6th seed. The pretty much steamrolled to the cup because of Bure and McLean. We all know about that story.

I understand what people are getting at. If the Rangers get hot and finish in the playoffs anything can happen. But a lot of us feel the Rangers need one more franchise-type player (preferablyt a center) to become a serious cup contender. Drafting in the top-5 is a good way to do that.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 07:45 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
The "anything can happen in the playoffs" works in the NFL & MLB.
NHL & NBA is a whole other story.
It works better in MLB because that league has far fewer teams in the playoffs. Teams that make it are the best in the league, which is not the case in the NHL where more than half the teams make the playoffs.

"Anything can happen" totally works in the NFL because that's a one-and-done playoff format. Funny how those who love to advocate "anything can happen" love to mention the Giants Superbowl without troubling to mention that the Giants didn't need to beat the Patriots.
And then beat them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye
Didn't think it was that lopsided, wow. We are currently 22nd
Yeah, the history is quite conclusive, but "there are none so blind" as the saying goes.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 07:46 PM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
My bad, didn't pick up the sarcasm. I should have.

Just can't stand how overly positive Sam Rosen and "some fans" are when Drury or Rozsival or Redden have a game where they're not ABYSMAL. Sam Rosen saying "BLOCKED BY DRURY! WHO ELSE GIVES UP THEIR BODY TO BLOCK A SHOT!!??" in the Pens game really put me over the edge. I don't know Sam. I'm gonna go with "c) every other penalty killing forward and defenseman in the league?"
Drury leads all NHL forwards in blocked shots this year by a large margin. He led all forwards in blocked shots last year as well.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Drury leads all NHL forwards in blocked shots this year by a large margin. He led all forwards in blocked shots last year as well.
Stats like blocked shots aren't an exact science by any means.

Furthermore, what's your point?

The fact that Chris Drury is one of the league-leaders means "WHO ELSE?" is accurate? I was just giving one example of many of why Rosen has gotten on my nerves in recent past because he grasps desperately at anything praise-able with the Rangers high-salary players / veterans.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Hemlawk86

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outlaw Torn View Post
Just got back from the game.. f'in awesome!!
Same! Great feel good win.
Voros still can't fight though

Hemlawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:32 PM
js10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
the question is if we really need someone with that much money to block the shots. I think not. If we had two really constantly producing lines, having Drury on third or forth line would not be an issue. Until then, he is an issue.

But, he has that NTC. so there is no point talking about it anyway. Just keep him there where he is now.

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Block More Shots

HUGE win tonight boys...it was key that they won a couple going into the break. 1 point away from MTL in 8th and 2 away from BOS in 7th...not bad at all.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:52 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Has Arrived View Post
HUGE win tonight boys...it was key that they won a couple going into the break. 1 point away from MTL in 8th and 2 away from BOS in 7th...not bad at all.
Unfortunately it's likely key in a bad way. Hard to believe Sather will sell anything now that they've won a whopping 2 games in a row to go into the olympic break. Now all Rangers fans need to stress out for a couple weeks to see what act of stupidity comes next. I just hope it's not too horrible.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 06:17 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Unfortunately it's likely key in a bad way. Hard to believe Sather will sell anything now that they've won a whopping 2 games in a row to go into the olympic break. Now all Rangers fans need to stress out for a couple weeks to see what act of stupidity comes next. I just hope it's not too horrible.
Exactly. Thank you for having a logical hockey and Ranger fan mind.

This is trouble. They win at the worst time. Last 2 games before break, only one game left officially before the real deadline, and if they win that one, they likely jumpstart into 8th seed, and that is TERRIBLE news for Ranger fans. He'll buy everything he can to keep up with the playoffs.

Pretty much, winning these last two games has been the worst thing this team could have done all year long.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 06:36 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Have the pro-tankers ever just acknowledged that the rangers arent THAT bad to finish 13th place? Besides i'm sure if we were that bad, sather would just trade away the 1st for miroslav satan

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
Have the pro-tankers ever just acknowledged that the rangers arent THAT bad to finish 13th place? Besides i'm sure if we were that bad, sather would just trade away the 1st for miroslav satan
Not as long as we have Lundqvist. You'll admit though minus Lundy and Gaborik we are bottom 5 in the league, easily, over the course of a full season. We'd be struggling to find one 20 goal scorer.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 08:56 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Not as long as we have Lundqvist. You'll admit though minus Lundy and Gaborik we are bottom 5 in the league, easily, over the course of a full season. We'd be struggling to find one 20 goal scorer.
True.Although we can say that about a bunch of teams.

The pens would be bottom feeders without crosby and malkin.The sabres would be dead last without miller/myers

and so on.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
True.Although we can say that about a bunch of teams.

The pens would be bottom feeders without crosby and malkin.The sabres would be dead last without miller/myers

and so on.
The Pens I actually disagree on. I dont think they would be a playoff team but I dont see them at the bottom, either. Much more depth than we have.

Teams like the Sabres and Capitals for sure, though.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:11 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Exactly. Thank you for having a logical hockey and Ranger fan mind.

This is trouble. They win at the worst time. Last 2 games before break, only one game left officially before the real deadline, and if they win that one, they likely jumpstart into 8th seed, and that is TERRIBLE news for Ranger fans. He'll buy everything he can to keep up with the playoffs.

Pretty much, winning these last two games has been the worst thing this team could have done all year long
This team sure is infuriating. Now we get to see how much we give up to make a run for the 7th or 8th seed. Unreal.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote