HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lowe on After Hours?

Old
02-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Soundwave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
He was right...?

We mortgaged our future for a guy who's currently our team MVP? He's taken us to the sewer?

Us being in the sewer and Dustin Penner are unrelated in my mind.
I think his point was that Lowe out of panic took a franchise that was in game 7 of the SCF to the gutter of the league in basically one or two year's time.

I can't really argue with that.

Honestly Burke was right, and he's a better GM than Lowe. People need to get over the auto-Burke hate ... it's so ... 2007. Burke and Tamby + Quinn are buds anyway, so it's not like he's anti-Oiler anyway.

What are we so angry about again? That he dared to crap on Lowe a little bit? Who really cares. Everyone does it on this board anyway. There's a reason the guy was "promoted" to basically an "advisor" role.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 03:10 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I think his point was that Lowe out of panic took a franchise that was in game 7 of the SCF to the gutter of the league in basically one or two year's time.

I can't really argue with that.

Honestly Burke was right, and he's a better GM than Lowe. People need to get over the auto-Burke hate ... it's so ... 2007. Burke and Tamby + Quinn are buds anyway, so it's not like he's anti-Oiler anyway.
He might be right about Lowe... but I don't see Burke doing any better.

The Leafs were actually a team to miss by inches under JFJ, Burke came in with the rebuild plan... and defaulted on that almost immediately by signing prime-aged players to long term, big money contracts and trading every meaningful draft pick for two years.

Now you could argue (successfully, IMO) that the Leafs are the only team in the NHL worse than the Oilers. They're certainly the only ones who could threaten to take the 1st overall selection away (or rather; gift wrap it for Boston) and they aren't missing a player of Ales Hemsky's calibre.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote