HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

True or False: Ryan Suter and Shea Weber will sign 6+ years....

View Poll Results: Will they or won't they?
True 13 72.22%
False 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
True or False: Ryan Suter and Shea Weber will sign 6+ years....

Simple question: At the end of their contracts, Ryan Suter and Shea Weber will re-up with the Predators at 6+ years. This has been on my mind recently, and I wondered what other fans thought.

Personally, I think both will be here long term. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see either one get 10 year deals. They are that important to this teams long term success. I also wouldn't be surprised if both crest 6 million annually.

02-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I believe that Poile will negotiate with each at the same time and offer them each a lifetime deal with the same cap hit, but opposite salaries much like Legwand and Erat's contracts are paired with each other...

One will make more money at the start, the other will make more money at the end. Same cap hit. Guaranteed contracts. Same amount of actual money being paid out annually by the team...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 09:26 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

I think they are very valuable assets for this team and I would be very pleased if we signed them long term. I can't vote in this poll (I'm a rookie) but I would have said yes.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:12 PM
glenngineer

I would say yes and Weber gets the C when he re-signs after next season and quite possibly Suter gets an A on his chest.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

If the question was 4 years, I'd say yes. But having the money to sign BOTH for 6 or more years and still have money left over to add vital pieces to our financially-strapped puzzle over those years may be a little difficult. But I'd love it. I also think that Arnott won't be back after next season, and Weber will be back with a new contract and wear the C from the moment he gets back for training camp that summer.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:23 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I would say yes and Weber gets the C when he re-signs after next season and quite possibly Suter gets an A on his chest.
I would be very happy with that. Shea deserves the C, and I would love to see Sutes get that A.

Old
02-13-2010, 07:51 PM
dulzhok

Who knows?

Seriously, we have nothing to go on here. It's what, 2 years away? Are we going to make the playoffs in 2 years? Is the team going to be profitable? Do they want to sign long-term contracts with Preadators? What will the team's budget be then?

Answers no one knows. I guess pure speculation is fine, but it's not a T or F situation.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Sure it is dulz. Either it happens, or it doesn't. Besides, it is a speculation piece. Post your thoughts and vote accordingly. Yes, their are a lot of factors, which is why I started the thread - to see what everyone thought.

Besides Dulz, Weber will be eligible to renegotiate NEXT season. Suter will have 2 years to go. However, Weber will be an RFA when Suter is able to renegotiate. I.e., this could all go down very very soon .

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:20 AM
jlsg

I'm going to agree with the idea of getting both long term, but I think Suter is more C material then Weber. If you watch a game, pay attention to who is talking with the other players and talking with officials. While Weber gets the accolades it appears to me that Suter is the one that is "in charge". People admire Weber's abilities, but to me it looks as if they respect and look up to Suter as a leader.
Again, these are just on ice observations. No idea what the dynamic in the locker room is.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
I'm going to agree with the idea of getting both long term, but I think Suter is more C material then Weber. If you watch a game, pay attention to who is talking with the other players and talking with officials. While Weber gets the accolades it appears to me that Suter is the one that is "in charge". People admire Weber's abilities, but to me it looks as if they respect and look up to Suter as a leader.
Again, these are just on ice observations. No idea what the dynamic in the locker room is.
I have the biggest mancrush on Weber ever, 4 years strong, but I may actually agree with this. Weber isn't very talkative on or off the ice it seems. Shea has a good reputation around the league I'm sure and that may help him with a 'C', but I don't know if he's more fit than Suter. However I have heard Shea say some things in the past that makes me think he would be a good fit to lead a team.

Example:

Mark Howard: Are you excited about playing for Team Canada in Vancouver?
Weber: "I'm just worried about Nashville"

Old
02-14-2010, 01:02 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I have the biggest mancrush on Weber ever, 4 years strong, but I may actually agree with this. Weber isn't very talkative on or off the ice it seems. Shea has a good reputation around the league I'm sure and that may help him with a 'C', but I don't know if he's more fit than Suter. However I have heard Shea say some things in the past that makes me think he would be a good fit to lead a team.

Example:

I don't know, I watched a special they had on tv "A Day In The Life of Shea Weber," and the team was saying how he's always encouraging them during the games and pumping them up and everything. They showed clips of it too, he was very vocal to the other players on the team.

Old
02-14-2010, 04:02 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

i think we are debating which tastes better-skittles or starbursts.

both would be fantastic long term predators and good captains

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 04:13 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i think we are debating which tastes better-skittles or starbursts.

both would be fantastic long term predators and good captains
Skittles, obviously.

I agree though, like I said earlier, I would be pleased with either of them getting the C, though I do think it should be Weber since he's worn the A already.

Old
02-14-2010, 04:41 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post

Example:

True. Although that may have been a brief answer just to get away from Mark Howard. I know I'd say anything to get him to leave me alone.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
True. Although that may have been a brief answer just to get away from Mark Howard. I know I'd say anything to get him to leave me alone.
Well yeah that's true I guess that makes sense, but then again Tom Callahan may have been there so I don't know. But even Callahan's coolness is not enough to erase the fail that is Mark Howard.

Old
02-14-2010, 05:20 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
These guys are going to be able to command BIG money on the free market.. especially Weber.

I don't know that we can afford them...although having Sully and Arny off the books by then will help.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 06:05 PM
goalscorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Who knows?

Seriously, we have nothing to go on here. It's what, 2 years away? Are we going to make the playoffs in 2 years? Is the team going to be profitable? Do they want to sign long-term contracts with Preadators? What will the team's budget be then?

Answers no one knows. I guess pure speculation is fine, but it's not a T or F situation.
I have to agree with you 100%. If the contracts we're being negotiated right now, I dont believe we would be able to knock out 6+ years for both. But who knows in the next couple of years. To add to your questions...with guys like Arnott, Sully and Dumont possibly gone by then, do we sign the 'big" name guys or continue to develop through the draft? That will be a huge factor in whether or not we can lock both up for that many years.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 06:44 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
Skittles, obviously.

I agree though, like I said earlier, I would be pleased with either of them getting the C, though I do think it should be Weber since he's worn the A already.
so has suter

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:57 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I believe that Poile will negotiate with each at the same time and offer them each a lifetime deal with the same cap hit, but opposite salaries much like Legwand and Erat's contracts are paired with each other...

One will make more money at the start, the other will make more money at the end. Same cap hit. Guaranteed contracts. Same amount of actual money being paid out annually by the team...

I agree with this, except they cant be negotiated together (officially anyway) because Webers deal is up in 2011 and Suters in 2012. I think Poile has planned his budget around these two. I dont think it is at all coincidence that Webers contract comes due the year Arnotts ends, and Suters comes up the year Dumonts ends. Now, maybe Weber doesnt sign his new deal until June 2011, and then Suter extends in July 2011, so they can be negotiated almost simultaneously, but I really dont want Weber to wait that long.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote