HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who here can better the city?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2010, 09:54 PM
  #151
Domino1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
And it won't help the entire city as you suggest. Personally, unless provincial or federal money gets involved, I have no stake in it, so I'm not too concerned. Just speaking as an unbiased outside observer.
And yet you have Axl Rose live as your avatar.....Where do you suppose that pic was taken, perhaps the Agricom or the old Edmonton Gardens?

Domino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:24 PM
  #152
Kyle McMahon
Registered User
 
Kyle McMahon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Evil Empire
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino1 View Post
And yet you have Axl Rose live as your avatar.....Where do you suppose that pic was taken, perhaps the Agricom or the old Edmonton Gardens?
What is this comment supposed to mean? I'll use a new arena from time to time so I should be pledging my full outsider support for it?

(And for those interested, not sure where the photo is from, it could be from Rexall, or it could be from one of the other stops on that particular tour.)

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:10 AM
  #153
Domino1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
What is this comment supposed to mean? I'll use a new arena from time to time so I should be pledging my full outsider support for it?

(And for those interested, not sure where the photo is from, it could be from Rexall, or it could be from one of the other stops on that particular tour.)
My point is that it won't just be hockey fans using the arena. My comment was pointed at you but it was made to show the hyprocisy in people saying that a new building won't benefit me when it obviously will be used for other uses than hockey games.

I really don't understand why some Edmontonians are so against helping the Oilers with a new arena. Hell the Mayor of Quebec City will do whatever he can to land an NHL team. Kansas build the Sprint Center in HOPE of landing a professional team.

Regardless of whether the Oilers are here or not the city would need a place for concerts etc... Last time I looked the Coliseum was built BEFORE an NHL team was ever thought of in Edmonton. If the Oilers were to move it's not likely there would be a buyer for an 18,000 seat arena.

Where did everybody complain before hf boards was around???

Domino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:43 AM
  #154
me123456789
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino1 View Post
My point is that it won't just be hockey fans using the arena. My comment was pointed at you but it was made to show the hyprocisy in people saying that a new building won't benefit me when it obviously will be used for other uses than hockey games.

I really don't understand why some Edmontonians are so against helping the Oilers with a new arena. Hell the Mayor of Quebec City will do whatever he can to land an NHL team. Kansas build the Sprint Center in HOPE of landing a professional team.

Regardless of whether the Oilers are here or not the city would need a place for concerts etc... Last time I looked the Coliseum was built BEFORE an NHL team was ever thought of in Edmonton. If the Oilers were to move it's not likely there would be a buyer for an 18,000 seat arena.

Where did everybody complain before hf boards was around???
The newspaper editorials page I'm guessing.

me123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 01:46 PM
  #155
dookers9
Registered User
 
dookers9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino1 View Post
My point is that it won't just be hockey fans using the arena. My comment was pointed at you but it was made to show the hyprocisy in people saying that a new building won't benefit me when it obviously will be used for other uses than hockey games.

I really don't understand why some Edmontonians are so against helping the Oilers with a new arena. Hell the Mayor of Quebec City will do whatever he can to land an NHL team. Kansas build the Sprint Center in HOPE of landing a professional team.
Regardless of whether the Oilers are here or not the city would need a place for concerts etc... Last time I looked the Coliseum was built BEFORE an NHL team was ever thought of in Edmonton. If the Oilers were to move it's not likely there would be a buyer for an 18,000 seat arena.

Where did everybody complain before hf boards was around???
I suspect that for many, it's the sense of entitlement held by many owners that seems to be reflected quite well in the bolded part above. We hear the owners use the term "critical" so often when speaking of their demands to be met, that the layperson becomes pretty hardened. While it may reflect reality, there's no getting away from the blackmail aspect of it. The message: don't question what I ask for - if you do, I'll move the team.

Might not be fair or properly represent Katz's intentions, but such is life.

dookers9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.