Team!!! Team!!! Team!!!

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2010, 12:20 AM
atleternal
Sautee Nacoochee

vCash: 500
Team!!! Team!!! Team!!!

I feel this is a turning point, post-you-know-who-era, and I believe they deserve it.

I’m confident for the future of this TEAM.

I watched the game twice tonight and it was a solid effort by the TEAM.

Keep it up Thrash. You guys looked good tonight, keep it up! Play as a TEAM!

Best TEAM game play of the season in my opinion.

GO THRASHERS!!!

I was blown away at the level of effort that was displayed tonight.

Kudos Thrashers!

Old
02-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Jerdn

Hurrah!
yeah for sure its gonna be good later on, and now
praying for tonight. someone should get in a fight with hossa

Old
02-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Hockey Biltong

I believe Sir Colby Armstrong took care of Hosebag for you.....

Old
02-14-2010, 09:58 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Bravo Colby!

And, did anyone else think that JA showed more emotion last night than ever before? It seems like he has assumed more forceful control of the team instead of backing off to the wills of Kovy and Slava.

This is all just shaping up much better. Hindsight says, Kovy should have been given an ultimatum of Dec. 1.

Why isn't Slava dressing for pregame warm-ups? Other guys that are scratched usually dress for warm-ups. Wonder if it's a courtesy on the coach's part or reluctance on the player's part.

Old
02-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Thrashers

We may finally have an actual TEAM now instead of "Superstar & Friends* team.

Old
02-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Bravo Colby!

And, did anyone else think that JA showed more emotion last night than ever before? It seems like he has assumed more forceful control of the team instead of backing off to the wills of Kovy and Slava.

This is all just shaping up much better. Hindsight says, Kovy should have been given an ultimatum of Dec. 1.

Why isn't Slava dressing for pregame warm-ups? Other guys that are scratched usually dress for warm-ups. Wonder if it's a courtesy on the coach's part or reluctance on the player's part.
This team is no longer held hostage by the Sullen Russians (got to blame Waddell for that). Team Oriented Russians are welcome.

Old
02-15-2010, 02:09 AM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
I love the look of the "new" Thrashers! 4/6 points on the road trip is better than I had expected, for sure. It's almost as if the unknown ("will kovy sign?") that haunted us for the past few months was worse than the actuality of it.

We will survive!

(woo hoo gloria gaynor...or cake)

Old
02-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Bongo

2 games over .500 at the break and everybody is going nuts. I guess being mediocre beats sucking. As fans, shouldn't we set higher standards for our teams?

Old
02-15-2010, 11:23 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
2 games over .500 at the break and everybody is going nuts. I guess being mediocre beats sucking. As fans, shouldn't we set higher standards for our teams?
We've only been to the playoffs once. It's nice to have a positive feel for the team rather than the usual fire Wads, ownership sucks threads.

You don't think the team has looked better after the Kovy trade...or at least played better than expectations?

Plus...I think at this time last year the team was already making tee times for April. It's nice to be in the playoff race a year later.

Old
02-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Bongo

Contrary to poular belief, I'm not a miserable person who does nothing but post neagtive comments about our team but I've had it with Don and AS. Anything positive that comes from the Thrashers from this point on will all because of the character and heart of the players that lace up every night. Not the owners, not their minor league coach, or their incompetent GM.

Old
02-15-2010, 11:57 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Contrary to poular belief, I'm not a miserable person who does nothing but post neagtive comments about our team but I've had it with Don and AS. Anything positive that comes from the Thrashers from this point on will all because of the character and heart of the players that lace up every night. Not the owners, not their minor league coach, or their incompetent GM.
I don't think there's many that will disagree with that post. That's the theme of the thread...it's all about team and right now, the Thrashers are playing like one.

Old
02-15-2010, 12:10 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
I'm right there with you on the owners and GM. The quicker they give the team to anyone vaguely competent, the better. I'm still not sure about Anderson but I've never really had a good feel for what makes a good NHL coach, so my opinion means almost nothing about that.

But as individual fans, we have zero control over any of that. Even collectively our voice isn't gonna be that strong. Worth a try but I'm not getting my hopes up about any change. It's all very frustrating, but ultimately useless to harp on.

The guys look like they're playing with heart, playing as a team. Finally. That's enough to give me hope, and with our history a little hope goes a long way.
Let's all come out in March and April and give these guys all the support we can. If they play like they have been since the big trades, I know I will.

Old
02-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Tristelune

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
I love the look of the "new" Thrashers! 4/6 points on the road trip is better than I had expected, for sure. It's almost as if the unknown ("will kovy sign?") that haunted us for the past few months was worse than the actuality of it.

We will survive!

(woo hoo gloria gaynor...or cake)

Gamera............ where were you? Havent seen you for a while! hahaha

Old
02-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Dudley's in charge now. That's why Slava's sitting, that's why Kovy is gone (I think it was a mutual divorce with a lot of "face-saving" in the press - Don says he offered big bucks, Kovy says he wants security...whatever, guys!) That's why Toddler's TOI has been slashed, that's why Kari was kicked to the curb.

Look who we got for Coastallchump...not one Erik Christensen in the bunch.

Don has always tried to look better than he is by bringing in over-rated Euro or skilled players with a total inability to get character North American guys. We had Havelid as our #1 defenseman!!! Kane and Bogosian fell into his lap. Army too...in the past few seasons he's improved by getting Reasoner and Peverley.

If DW was running the show we would have gotten someone like Kessel for Kovalchuk. Ewwwww....

Closed Thread