HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Corvo + for Mueller?

Old
02-15-2010, 03:35 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Hindsight is 20/20. I bet you loved that contract when it was signed just like the rest of us. I can't think of anyone who openly objected to it off the top of my head. He played great after we claimed him and everyone thought it was a steal.
I can say I remember some people having reservations about the length of the contract but having no problem with the value per year of the deal.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 04:15 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Hindsight is 20/20. I bet you loved that contract when it was signed just like the rest of us. I can't think of anyone who openly objected to it off the top of my head. He played great after we claimed him and everyone thought it was a steal.
i was against the length, like dave. the money was fine, people around here thought he would be had a discount! everyone thought since we "saved" his career he would come back for less. i wasnt surprised by the number or length, its jr, but i didnt think it should be that long after his history. i dont have problem with his or coles contracts now to be honest. you need guys like these around and their deals dont hamper us as much as brindys/wallins/walkers/kaberles deals have. these two can still play. if we are gonna try to be a playoff team next year, and you know jr wants to, they will have to be around and playing in roles. its our expecations that are off with both of these guys. sammy is a 40-50 pt guy at best, as is cole. they both can contribute tho. a team of guys producing that much can go far, its when you NEED them to do it - or do more that its an issue.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote