HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

12th forward, 7th D-man, and Playoff Roster.

View Poll Results: Who should fill the last roster spot?
Couture 6 10.91%
Demers (7 d-men) 16 29.09%
Ferrerio 2 3.64%
Hemmelin 2 3.64%
McLaren 5 9.09%
Staubitz 14 25.45%
Trade 8 14.55%
Other 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-15-2010, 09:06 PM
sjshrky27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
McLaren is a D man? We aren't talking Kyle here
My bad, I meant Demers, and now that i think about it, he isnt even close to being an enforcer. Too many rookies on this team.

Well for what its worth, Mclaren wouldnt be much of a enforcer anyways

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:07 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarByte View Post
yeah I wouldn't put him as anything other than 7th for pp.

We don't need leach as 7th, simply because we've already got plenty of defensive dmen, but after losing ehrhoff we can always use offense on the powerplay.

I don't think demer's rookie factor is that huge considering he's going to be in such a limited role plus he's been playing plenty of games this season to prepare.

As for staubitz...we don't need him. If we want an enforcer type of guy I'd much rather have mclaren. Mclaren can actually handle heavyweights, staubitz can not. Staubitz also still has tons of dumb penalties. Can't have dumb penalties in the playoffs...Mclaren does not do many dumb penalties.

and if we don't need mclaren's enforcer role, ferreiro is another person people aren't mentioning as much as they should. Mcginn-Mitchell-Ferrerio would be a great 4th line if we're facing a chicago/detroit/other offensive type of team.
I really like that 4th line. Truly. Young, loads of speed and unlike most 4th lines-CAN ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE OFFENSIVELY. Plus, with some time together (if T.M. would leave it), this combo may get Mitchell back to his game. If only T.M. would see this, man. Shelley and Staubitz were killing this line.

On McLaren, i`d really like to see him come as an extra forward in the run. Will need his size and strength for sure and, will be good to alternate with some via lines 3 and 4.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:17 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:
Have you ever noticed almost all enforcers are forwards??? (Shelley, Parros, Orr, etc...)
Lets look at Murray for example: Murray dose not fight anymore. Murray only fought because he was trying to earn a starting spot on the roster. When was the last time he fought?
Murray doesn't fight because he's playing the role of a top 4 defenseman. We don't want him to fight, as we'd have to play a bottom pairing D man more often. Also, notice someone like Clowe. This is a bit of a stretch but I seem to recall him fighting more when he was in his slump (beginning of the season) and when he is on the 3rd line.

Basically, if you don't get much time to begin with and are less depended on, you're more apt to fight. If your job is to be a top 4 or top 6 forward you are less apt to fight.

Murray got bumped, and therefore he doesn't fight as much. Lastly, if Murray got hurt in a fight it would REALLy hurt this team defensively.

BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 01:25 AM
Tealblood

[QUOTE=sjshrky27;23932234]
Quote:
As for staubitz...we don't need him. If we want an enforcer type of guy I'd much rather have mclaren. Mclaren can actually handle heavyweights, staubitz can not. Staubitz also still has tons of dumb penalties. Can't have dumb penalties in the playoffs...Mclaren does not do many dumb penalties. QUOTE]

I have to disagree with you. Staubitz plays a better enforcer because thats his job. He also plays a gritty game. Demers cannot be an enforcer because of his D position, the Sharks cannot afford him as an enforcer. You put Demers in the box, now your down a D player.

Have you ever noticed almost all enforcers are forwards??? (Shelley, Parros, Orr, etc...)
Lets look at Murray for example: Murray dose not fight anymore. Murray only fought because he was trying to earn a starting spot on the roster. When was the last time he fought?
erm...demers an enforcer? I suggest you reread that portion you just quoted. Nowhere did I suggest demers fight anyone. I said mclaren as in frazer mclaren as in the guy who played 20 games in place of shelley and imo should have taken his spot permanently.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Tealblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
My bad, I meant Demers, and now that i think about it, he isnt even close to being an enforcer. Too many rookies on this team.

Well for what its worth, Mclaren wouldnt be much of a enforcer anyways
9 major penalties in 20 games = enforcer.

Keep in mind that in those 20 games mclaren got two minor penalties...ONLY 2.

Now look at staubitz over here with 13 minor penalties...8 majors in 32 games.

I'd rather have the guy who can fight yet doesn't take lazy hooking/tripping/interference type of penalties. Not to mention frazer can actually fight guys like parros, staubitz is a lightweight.

Old
02-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Tealblood

why'd this thread die? lol.

Old
02-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
Trade ... TRADE

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 05:34 PM
matt trick

Quote:
why'd this thread die? lol.
Olympics- nothing to complain about lol. Plus, I think i put it up too soon.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote