HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colin Wilson's Development

Old
02-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
One day after being named AHL Rookie of the Month, Wilson 1 goal, 2 assists against Texas! Two of the powerplays that Milwaukee got were hooking because Texas could not contain Wilson. He is fast strong and incredible with the puck!
Should get the call after the Olympic break!!!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 12:27 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
One day after being named AHL Rookie of the Month, Wilson 1 goal, 2 assists against Texas! Two of the powerplays that Milwaukee got were hooking because Texas could not contain Wilson. He is fast strong and incredible with the puck!
Should get the call after the Olympic break!!!
Yeah, I think that's when roster's expand. If Wilson continues at this pace he should be up very soon. Maybe if Arnott is put on IR for his elbow.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Yeah, I think that's when roster's expand. If Wilson continues at this pace he should be up very soon. Maybe if Arnott is put on IR for his elbow.
Which brings to question the following: was an unhealthy arnott better or worse than a healthy Wilson these past two weeks?

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 12:46 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Which brings to question the following: was an unhealthy arnott better or worse than a healthy Wilson these past two weeks?
All I can say is ask management.

Old
02-03-2010, 12:47 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Rosters expand after the trade deadline.

My concerns about his groin being a long-term hindrance seem to be unfounded. Glad to see him taking the reigns in the AHL.

I would rather have a healthy Wilson in the lineup than an ineffective Arnott.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 10:31 PM
adsfan

Wilson has played very well since overcoming his injury. It is hard to believe that he was the same guy sent down by Nashville. He couldn't skate or check when he arrived in Milwaukee. Now he is like Scott Stevens on the ice, fast, hard hitting with a good shot. He looks like the player I saw in BU's NCAA championship win.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Wilson has played very well since overcoming his injury. It is hard to believe that he was the same guy sent down by Nashville. He couldn't skate or check when he arrived in Milwaukee. Now he is like Scott Stevens on the ice, fast, hard hitting with a good shot. He looks like the player I saw in BU's NCAA championship win.
That sounds AWESOME!!! Wilson has been consistently dominant recently in the short stretches I've seen the Ads play and appears to have actually improved since the time he came into training camp and forced his way onto the Predators opening night roster...

Quick question, in his time at wing...which wing has Wilson been playing?

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 04:18 PM
goalscorer

Now that he's gotten a few more NHL games under his belt, what's everyones thoughts?

I personally have been very impressed. He seems solid on the puck, he hustles, finishes checks and makes very solid passes. I think the hockey sense everyone has labeled him to have grew more evident with each game I got to see him play. Hopefully we keep him up or bring him back after the break.

My only concern is his skating. He doesnt appear to be out of place, IMO, but I do notice it's him by his stride. Kinda goofy/akward looking. Has anyone else noticed that? Can't really say that it's affecting his performance, but I can't seem to look past it for some reason.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

People have always questioned his skating. He is extremely fluid with the puck, it is when he doesn't that he is not as smooth. If you have ever seen clips from his father Cary, he had a very similar stlye. Colin seems to be a stronger, faster version of his dad... don't think it is a concern. Some guys are just more "natural" looking, but his speed seems great.

Old
02-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Milly79

I wouldn't be too worried. If anything, I would compare him to smaller version of Arnott, and I really think they have similar skating styles (when I'm watching). Everyone has a different skating style, look at Leggy and Erat. Totally weird.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
As expected, the Preds sent Wilson (and Sulzer) back to Milwaukee during the break to continue playing.

Personally, I believe that Wilson showed enough during his audition the past week to earn a recall immediately following the break and also enough to be counted upon as a top-nine upgrade that we had been so desperately lacking.

More of a playmaker than a shooter, but still Wilson can provide enough offense on Leggy's wing to make that line function as a third scoring line...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 02:45 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I sure hope Wilson will be back after the break......He has looked great. Making perfect passes, opening up lanes on the ice, using his size on the boards, and he takes great shots. Kid is going to be a bigger better Leggy.......just watch!

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 08:33 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
As expected, the Preds sent Wilson (and Sulzer) back to Milwaukee during the break to continue playing.
As usual the Preds do the opposite of what I would have done. I think even a young player can use rest, especially a guy in his first year of the long grind. So I'd have kept Wilson and given him a nice break as well, so that he was 100% coming out of the break.

I expected him to be sent back, but this a.m. when I hadn't heard anything I thought maybe he'd be staying.

I think rest periods are often when a young athlete makes his biggest jumps if they are normally a very hard practice worker. Stepping back can be a good thing.

But Milwaukee can use good players. So no surprise.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 08:37 AM
trotzian brow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

Personally, I believe that Wilson showed enough during his audition the past week to earn a recall immediately following the break and also enough to be counted upon as a top-nine upgrade that we had been so desperately lacking.

More of a playmaker than a shooter, but still Wilson can provide enough offense on Leggy's wing to make that line function as a third scoring line...
I thought Sulzer was on Germany's national team? Did I miss something?

trotzian brow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 08:40 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Kid is going to be a bigger better Leggy.......just watch!
Yeah, he'd better be... No real offense meant to Legwand, but I can't help it.

As Poile said, Preds have been looking for a guy like Wilson for a long time.

He can't carry the franchise of course but he's looking good. I prefer Wilson at center because our face offs haven't seemed all that sharp to me. But since there's really not a top three center spot, the wing on Legwands line sounds really good for now.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 02-16-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old
02-16-2010, 08:43 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixotic Whim View Post
I thought Sulzer was on Germany's national team? Did I miss something?
He is. I assume "sending him down" at this point is some sort of housekeeping trick, or else it just doesn't matter when you do it as that's where they expect him to play out of the break.

Old
02-16-2010, 10:10 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
I suspect they sent Sulzer down so he can play for milwaukee after Germany is (presumably) eliminated

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 10:16 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I suspect they sent Sulzer down so he can play for milwaukee after Germany is (presumably) eliminated
Oh come on it won't be that bad they have to play Sweden......and Finland.....at least they have Belarus!

At least Sulzer and Goc will get to play against some good competition.

Old
02-17-2010, 10:29 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

I'm not saying anything about anyone being eliminated for fear that it comes back to bite my team(s) in the arse, that or jinx us.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Sorry, was not sure where to post this....
I read today that 3 Predators are eligible to play post season for the Admirals.
Sulzer, Franson and Wilson.
Not sure about how they decide who is eligible? Is it because Milwaukee listed them on the "clear day" roster?
Is Cal O'Reilly not able to because of clearing waivers?
Anyone know what the rulings are?

Old
03-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Webersmashpuck

So since Wilson's shift to the winger, hes moved from playmaker to goalscorer. With a disappointing first half of the season due to injury I think we have found the best trade deadline pickup.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 03:07 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
So since Wilson's shift to the winger, hes moved from playmaker to goalscorer. With a disappointing first half of the season due to injury I think we have found the best trade deadline pickup.
Yup thats what I was thinking to myself....He is like the Sully of last year

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Bills09

1st star tonite.
probably his best nhl game yet to date.

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 01:18 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
So since Wilson's shift to the winger, he's moved from playmaker to goalscorer.
I thought he wouldn't like playing wing as much as center. But in the postgame interview with Howard he said it gives him "more room", or something like that. I guess whatever gets him on one of the top lines he's going to be cool with.

I was hoping they see him long term as a center. Hate to lose his faceoff ability that looks to have a lot of potential. Although if his style lends itself to goals more from the wing, maybe that's best for a year or two. Plus it's not as if we have many great wingers to help our centers go. At least we have one more now.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 03-19-2010 at 02:40 AM.
Old
03-19-2010, 01:33 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Centers are forwards too but i know what you mean and the quote was "it gives me more energy in the offensive end". which is true since you don't work so hard on D....but....there are many times that he is covering for the lazy azz center on his line....

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote