HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn Not Playing In Olympics

Old
02-15-2010, 05:34 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
Lame, I got tickets to the Belarus and Sweden game, was hoping that I would get to watch both brothers play, too bad.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 05:36 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Vie View Post
It doesn't really matter. For the most part, we're Canadian fans. On the very off-chance that Belarus beats us (which isn't going to happen, lol), Kostitsyn would have to be part of the team.

Lol, imagine that, though. Belarus beating us. I would actually shoot myself in the head lol/
This thread isn't in relation to who a team is icing, as much as it is the status of one of our top 6 players. AK was rumoured to potentially begin play for the Habs last weekend, and now it seems he's suffered another set back that could potentially make a difference for the Habs post-season push after the break.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Lame, I got tickets to the Belarus and Sweden game, was hoping that I would get to watch both brothers play, too bad.
Ouch!! I would sell those and replace them with TC tix if there are still some?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Vie View Post
It doesn't really matter. For the most part, we're Canadian fans. On the very off-chance that Belarus beats us (which isn't going to happen, lol), Kostitsyn would have to be part of the team.

Lol, imagine that, though. Belarus beating us. I would actually shoot myself in the head lol/
calm down

4 years ago i said theres no way in HELLLL swiss would ever beat us, and we lost 2-0, and a european sent me a swiss mark streit jersey in the mail and i had to take pictures with it lol, but it was a sweet jersey, still got it

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Habs4Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
calm down

4 years ago i said theres no way in HELLLL swiss would ever beat us, and we lost 2-0, and a european sent me a swiss mark streit jersey in the mail and i had to take pictures with it lol, but it was a sweet jersey, still got it
Did they actually? That's hilarious!
Hopefully, we don't lose this time. I've been looking forward to Olympics so much this year.
Back on topic, do you think A-Kost will be back as soon as Olympics are done?

Habs4Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Too bad because I was looking forward to seeing him and Sergei with Belarus, but good news for us in the end...wouldn't want him reaggrivating that injury.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Habs 1909

According to Bob Mackenzie's twitter, "Some teams--Sweden and Slovakia--have only posted 15 skaters and 2 goalies on official roster. It's because some players aren't here yet. Rosters can be finalized up to 10am tomorrow morning. Absolute deadline"

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 06:36 PM
la25ecoupe

sad.. i soo wanna see him play with his bros..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:05 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
sad.. i soo wanna see him play with his bros..
yes, so do I...in Montreal

I wonder if he was not given the green light by Mulder or by Belarussian doctors. If it's the latter, the injury must be pretty bad considering they'd do anything to make him play. If it was Mulder, I imagine he's going to be pretty pissed with the TEAM (Habs)! You know how moody he is.

What are the chances that it needs exactly 2 weeks for complete rehab? So from can't play to fully healed. Doesn't seem likely, therefore i'm a little worried. He seemed to be doing fine last week and confident that he would be playing. I just can't believe that Belarus would sit him out even if he was not at 100%.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:10 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

Please trade Mara's arse.
Sigh.

I guess the Habs have too many NHL calibre defensemen.

Sigh.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:18 PM
habtastic

I remember some good things from Mara and an equal amount of bad things. It's not that we're super deep, but
Markov-OB (who btw has been playing very well, i don't get why there's been hate for OB-Wan)
Gill-Gorges
Hammer-Subban

spacek if we don't want to keep subban up (i.e. if we want to miss the playoffs)

but Mara, as big as he is, isn't better than any of the ones in that 6 IMO. He might be the same, but he is more of a liability. He used to actually be on our PP and not that bad, but then again, not that good and if we have MAB coming back (still mixed feelings about him), don't see room for Mara. If we can trade him for a 2nd round pick in 2011, I think that might bring some people to even keel about the Moore trade. I think we will be able to keep Moore if we want to. He's a good fit for a third line and FO man.

edit: wow I totally forgot which thread this was

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:23 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
yes, so do I...in Montreal

I wonder if he was not given the green light by Mulder or by Belarussian doctors. If it's the latter, the injury must be pretty bad considering they'd do anything to make him play. If it was Mulder, I imagine he's going to be pretty pissed with the TEAM (Habs)! You know how moody he is.

What are the chances that it needs exactly 2 weeks for complete rehab? So from can't play to fully healed. Doesn't seem likely, therefore i'm a little worried. He seemed to be doing fine last week and confident that he would be playing. I just can't believe that Belarus would sit him out even if he was not at 100%.
It was clearly stated to Andrei by Montreal management he would have to get medical clearance from Montreal team Doctors, not Andrei's judgement or Belarus Team Doctors either.

Plain and simple Montreal pays his salary, and Belarus is playing preliminary games to qualify to the next level with Canada, USA and so on.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Bad news for Belarus, good news for us. We don't need him to play injured...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:49 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
It was clearly stated to Andrei by Montreal management he would have to get medical clearance from Montreal team Doctors, not Andrei's judgement or Belarus Team Doctors either.

Plain and simple Montreal pays his salary, and Belarus is playing preliminary games to qualify to the next level with Canada, USA and so on.
Yea makes total sense. There would definitely be some abuse if this wasnt the case

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

If I'm not mistaken, it's a group of NHL doctors that need to clear him. Habs's Dr.Mulder is part of this group.

I'm guessing Belarus wants a roster player and don't want to risk waiting after A.Kost.

Good and bad news. Every one of our injured players need their rest, so that's good. But bad because we could have seen the Kost broz play together. It would have given A.Kost a few games to get his feet back too.

Oh well, can't complain about rest.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Lucius

He wasn't going to be cleared to play until the medal round anyway. Belarus decided not to burn a roster spot on someone who may not lace it up for them, simple as that.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 05:23 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I am not worried, maybe it has not healed 100% which in the end might be good for the Habs as these extra two weeks might just be what he needs.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote