HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Michael Leighton on waivers

Old
01-01-2010, 04:05 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidQueen View Post
His comments were far from "trashing", unless you're a blind homer who thinks that this team walks on water, piddles ginger ale, and craps out bales of cotton candy.

Seriously.
I was paraphrasing Forslund, but I'm sure you knew that.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 04:27 PM
AcidQueen
Joe, Lord of Evil

Send a message via AIM to AcidQueen Send a message via MSN to AcidQueen Send a message via Yahoo to AcidQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sam View Post
I was grossly misquoting Forslund and saying it was a paraphrase, but I'm sure you knew that.
Fixed that for you.

AcidQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 04:56 PM
caniac247

Typical Leighton letting in late goals. I knew he wouldn't be able to hold on. Leighton needs to close the 5-hole.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 445
Hey, I'll give him credit. He's doing a great job for the team as an ex-Cane turning around a team that looked to be a serious threat to compete with us for a top draft spot with the way they were playing. So Lavi, Leights, thank you for helping us even if you no longer are part of this organization.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 05:09 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidQueen View Post
Fixed that for you.
I was paraphrasing Forslund who was paraphrasing Leighton. Obviously something is going to get lost in translation.

I'm not sure where I quoted anyone.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Actually, it's double interesting how Leighton could be a key factor in helping us secure a bottom 2 spot with how badly he shat the bed here and how much he has turned it around for the Flyers. Of course, a team with as much talent as the Flyers have were going to turn it around eventually anyways, but his play has made it somewhat of a certainty.

Still feel that Jackets and Oilers are our biggest threats. John Tavares should have a strong second half for the Islanders and get them some wins. Plus their veteran goaltending is helping them.

If we can get a Steve Mason sighting or two, the Jackets could get it together but that's virtually the same boat we're in with Ward.

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 05:54 PM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post

Still feel that Jackets and Oilers are our biggest threats. John Tavares should have a strong second half for the Islanders and get them some wins. Plus their veteran goaltending is helping them.

I have a strange feeling Oilers will tank second part of the season. I hope i'm wrong.

The worst five teams in the end of the season will be Carolina, Columbus, Edmonton, and two of Florida, Anaheim, St. Louis, Toronto, Minnesota.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

Amazing what playing behind a defense you feel confident in can do.

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 08:15 PM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Actually, it's double interesting how Leighton could be a key factor in helping us secure a bottom 2 spot with how badly he shat the bed here and how much he has turned it around for the Flyers. Of course, a team with as much talent as the Flyers have were going to turn it around eventually anyways, but his play has made it somewhat of a certainty.
Its more the Flyers playing defense. He's still out of position consistantly and puts out way too many rebounds. The only difference between here and there is that he's got a guy in black/orange saving his a$$. The Flyers forwards actually get back and play D unlike our forwards.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 03:11 AM

He's always making the first save, and the D is clearing it away. I'm shocked at how well Leight has done and continues to do.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

It's got everything to do with the D in front of him and the defensive system in front of him. Philly hasn't had a goalie that didn't give up rebounds since...Hextall. Because of this, the system they run is ready for those rebounds to happen and for the D to sweep them away.

Carolina's focused entirely around Ward, who's generally done a superb job at taking away those second chances. The D wasn't ready for Leighton to be giving up rebounds on shots from the red line, and thus, he didn't succeed here.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote