HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Brooklynite Sticks

Old
02-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Hockey27925

vCash: 500
Brooklynite Sticks

has anyone ever tried these sticks on ice? how are they for roller?

Hockey27925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey27925 View Post
has anyone ever tried these sticks on ice? how are they for roller?

Ive used them for both. I gave Marco a call (one of the owners) and they sent me some returns to try out. I really liked the D-Force and the Redeemer. the Almighty was way too light for me, some might like it...I didn't. the Underground was ok, but didn't really stand out compared to the other 3 he gave me.

all in all, they're durable as hell. My shot is fine with it, and if it ever breaks, I would buy one. (The D-Force I'm currently using is a return) If they made shafts I would buy one as I prefer wood blades. I think its definitely worth the 60$ for the D-Force to try it and if you don't like it, its not that much to drop on a stick.

My review on the company as I tell everybody else is that their sticks are pretty good, but stay away from the gloves. Those are terrible.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:26 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
I have tried the Almighty, it was surprisingly very good. There are tons of sticks i would prefer to use, but this one wasnt bad at all. It wasnt worth the 200ish it was selling for at the time though, not sure what the prices are like now.

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Hockey27925

have u tried the sakic curve, i use a rbk crosby which has a decent toe curve on it, idk how similar their s patter is to the actual sakic curve

Hockey27925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:34 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey27925 View Post
have u tried the sakic curve, i use a rbk crosby which has a decent toe curve on it, idk how similar their s patter is to the actual sakic curve
I used Avenue D i think it was called. Kinda like a Drury , not sure how close exactly it was.

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 01:49 AM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

Brooklynite is dust.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 10:33 AM
TinofGrizz

Never shot their stick before but they passed the flex/feel/looks test at their booth at the lets play hockey show this year. Not saying much I know but more than I can say about other new vendors I saw there. There gloves actually felt pretty nice, nothing that made me say I need to go out and buy these but they felt nice. They also have a glove custom glove program that is pretty detailed, every single panel on their gloves can be set to your exact specs. Wouldn't mind giving their whole lineup a runthru.

TinofGrizz is offline   Reply With Quote