Majesky

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

vCash: 500
Majesky

A good article from the ajc about one of our newest recruits Ivan Majesky.

http://www.ajc.com/thrashers/content.../21thrash.html

Old
09-22-2003, 07:55 AM
WellSeats

A lot of folks were unhappy that DW gave up a 2nd rounder to get this guy. After seeing him in the initial preseason game on Thursday, I like this move because of the physical presence he seems to bring. Against TB, he hit or put a body on anyone that got in front of Nurminen. This is something we really have not had. I hope he continues to develop and play physical this year. An added bonus would be if he can play for all 82 games this year like last year.

Old
09-23-2003, 08:36 AM
uzziman

Send a message via MSN to uzziman
I know I was pretty shocked about the acquisition of Majesky. I knew who Ivan was and what he can do, but a 2nd rounder in such a deep draft seemed a bit much. Obviously DW was looking for somebody to help out right away, and hopefully IM works out

Old
09-25-2003, 03:12 PM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzziman44
I know I was pretty shocked about the acquisition of Majesky. I knew who Ivan was and what he can do, but a 2nd rounder in such a deep draft seemed a bit much. Obviously DW was looking for somebody to help out right away, and hopefully IM works out

Agreed. I like DW's thinking. Make a move for now. It just seems that Waddell could have grabbed a bigger "name" with a second rounder. However, if Majesky is effective then it's all good. We'll be very familiar with his name if he produces hits and clears creases

Old
09-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes Rage
Agreed. I like DW's thinking. Make a move for now. It just seems that Waddell could have grabbed a bigger "name" with a second rounder. However, if Majesky is effective then it's all good. We'll be very familiar with his name if he produces hits and clears creases

Majesky gave us Florida fans 82 solid games. For the Cats to wind up the winner of this deal, Kamil Kreps will need to become not just an NHLer but a very good NHLer.

We'll see you fine folks on Oct 1st for funsies and on the 25th for keeps!

Closed Thread