HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any Chance of Roy coming back

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 12:39 PM
punkorama

vCash: 500
Any Chance of Roy coming back

has there been any talk that patrick roy wants to come back and play one more year? Would it be possible for him to come back this year or does he have to sit out a year or jump through any kind of hoops?

sorry if this question has been asked i couldn't find my answers anywhere.

thank you

Old
09-22-2003, 12:58 PM
FacelessButcher

I'm pretty sure hes quit for good as they are hanging is jersey in the rafters on Oct 28. Then again he could pull a Michael Jordon and steal it from there. Who knows? If he does come back with your current line up I think Gary Bettman should just hand the Avs the cup at the beginning of the season and save us all the trouble.

Old
09-22-2003, 03:55 PM
skariya18

Technically, Roy could comeback this season, but all 30 teams would have to approve it. Otherwise he could comeback in the 04-05 season without any sort of approval (though who knows if there is a 04-05 season).

He should have stayed through this season and then just retire after this year and it looks like he retired because of the CBA issues and give the owners a nice thumbs up.

Old
09-24-2003, 07:49 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Technically, Roy could comeback this season, but all 30 teams would have to approve it.

Yeah, that's going to happen. Can't you just picture Lou and Holland having a conference call about this? "Well what do you think, should we give them the Cup?"

Old
09-25-2003, 06:33 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
Yeah, that's going to happen. Can't you just picture Lou and Holland having a conference call about this? "Well what do you think, should we give them the Cup?"

I think it would have to be a consolidated vote one way or the other between the GM's if just two stuck up against it their would be a huge ton of media pressure for holding back one of the legends of hockey. I think some of their players would also push for him to come back or alleviate blame back to their GM. My feeling is all the GM's would have a conference and all vote against him(aside from Colarado of course) coming back so the blame could not really be forced on any one person. Unless they knew for a fact Lou and Holland would be against it regardless so they could take the position that they love they game and would like to see him back and those two would be labeled uncompetitive and jerks etc..

Old
09-25-2003, 10:09 AM
punkorama

a buddy of mine said he thought Roy was still under contract for one more year even though he retired and that this still makes him property of the Avalanche. Then since he is still their property he can come back whenever he wants, like if someone gets called up from the minors.

Anybody heard anything like this, he's not positive thats why i'm asking

Old
09-25-2003, 11:01 AM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkorama
a buddy of mine said he thought Roy was still under contract for one more year even though he retired and that this still makes him property of the Avalanche. Then since he is still their property he can come back whenever he wants, like if someone gets called up from the minors.

Anybody heard anything like this, he's not positive thats why i'm asking
He does have an option year left on his contract. It makes no difference whose "property" he is. The same thing happened with hasek, except it let a year pass before coming back. BUT, he signed retirement papers, therefore all teh GMs would have to vote him in if he was to come back.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:02 PM
syinura

so did the GM's have to vote for hasek?

Old
09-25-2003, 03:12 PM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansiu
so did the GM's have to vote for hasek?
they didn't have to. hasek came back a year AFTER retiring.

Closed Thread