HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida has honest owners...

Old
02-16-2010, 04:13 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 500
By the way Dorian"UpOnMyCloud", I do have the patience for a proper rebuild and not pie in the sky quick fixes like trying to sign Kovalchuk in the summer. Again, do you not already think we are in a rebuild mode or do I bother you in some way with my responses. I guess I could ASSume, actions speak louder than words bothers you in some way.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 04:17 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Never read all the posts, but I don't really think our fan base could handle the truth.

Gregor had an interesting point last week. He said in the off-season and going into the season that he had lots of regulars phoning in saying that we should blow the team up. He asks where are these people now? Everyone that phones in seems to phone in and still ***** and moan that we are where we are. Granted in the last month some people are starting to see that finishing last in the league might actually be good, there are still lots of delusional people that just realized Horcoff has a bad contract.

Any even if Katz did come out and tell us everything we wanted to here, there would still be people complaining that it's his fault for letting it get to this point.

As for Florida doing the letter, crap move on their part. Why didn't they just go house to house and explain this to their 50 season ticket holders. At least it shows they care. Instead they send a letter saying what? That we are going to rebuild and are going to have another 5 long years? Isn't that status quo?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Roamin

why do we care if Katz speaks or not?

we all know what there is to say.
"we suck, we'll try to get better"

thats basicly it.
it can be said many many different ways. Katz could of just looked ashamed if a camera ever caught him on TV and that would of been enough.

if you're an Oiler fan, you know what there is to say, and you know that no one has to say it.

and to anyone, jumping all over Tambo saying he should be fired. sorry, you don't fix a broken team like the oilers by firing everyone that doesn't have immediate impact. wanting "immediate impact" is what got us here in the first place!

Roamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:

You had no problem stating the truth......... Yet you also point out that Katz is not holding Lowe accountable....

Reminds me of the "Nothing to see here, move along" defense...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio18 View Post

They're already in a delicate situation and have been since '06. All that needs to be said about the elephant in the room has been said and there is no need to pour gas on the fire.
The elephant in the room is either Daryl Katz or Kevin Lowe... Katz (as owner) should pick one & state it - not blame the players...

I imagine buying an NBA team that had a GM who signed mostly midgets & people in wheelchairs... When I took control, I promoted that GM - who was replaced by a GM who signed nothing but midgets & those in wheelchairs....

Plus allocated every resource to sign Magic Johnson - long after his "best before date"... Including flying both GM's to negotiate personally with Magic Johnson...

And then, when the team was the worst out of 30 teams, I blame the midgets for failing to win games..

That is what I heard from Katz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio18 View Post

Now, you seemed surprised we are on the same page with the problems of this team and where they were created.......... or maybe that was an attempt to poke holes in my logic and therefore belittle my response - whatever the case.........
I am not surprised we are on the same page with the problems - I am surprised that we are not on the same page while highlighting who deserves to be fired for the problems.

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
By the way Dorian"UpOnMyCloud", I do have the patience for a proper rebuild and not pie in the sky quick fixes like trying to sign Kovalchuk in the summer. Again, do you not already think we are in a rebuild mode or do I bother you in some way with my responses. I guess I could ASSume, actions speak louder than words bothers you in some way.
Doesn't bother me at all. Just sounded like you didn't have the patience for a rebuild, from the posts I read authored by yourself. If you have the patience for a rebuild, good! Just let it happen...Here is one that some posters may agree or disagree with, but I went into the tombs of the interweb to bring this little ditty that I think should be followed by the Oiler fans:

Quote:
Patience (Pa"tience) (?), n.
[F. patience, fr. L. patientia. See Patient.]

1. The state or quality of being patient; the power of suffering with fortitude; uncomplaining endurance of evils or wrongs, as toil, pain, poverty, insult, oppression, calamity, etc. "Strenthened with all might, . . . unto all patience and long-suffering." Col. i. 11. "I must have patience to endure the load." Shak. "Who hath learned lowliness From his Lord's cradle, patience from his cross." Keble

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote