HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

6th Best Prospect voted by HF SABRE FANS

View Poll Results: vote for 6th best prospect
Wing Jacob Lagace CHL 2 4.35%
Goalie Bradley Eidsness NCAA 0 0%
Wing Nathan Gerbe AHL 22 47.83%
Defense TJ Brennan AHL 0 0%
Defense Brayden McNabb CHL 19 41.30%
Wing Corey Tropp NCAA 0 0%
Center Felix Schutz AHL 1 2.17%
Wing Philip Gogulla AHL 2 4.35%
Defense Drew Schiestel AHL 0 0%
Defense Marc-Andre Gragnani AHL 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-17-2010, 05:13 PM
AnthonySaxe

vCash: 500
McNabb, add Crawford.

AnthonySaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
This .

But i understand James point, although i like Schütz, i think he won't make the Top-10 and will end up around 15.

Well, I'm one of the people who tends to rate pro-players higher (although that isn't something i do on purpose). Weber is still ahead of McNabb for me, Gerbe and Gogulla better than Lagace and so on. Lagace is not really having a "monster year". He is having a good yeah, although struggeling as of lately, but he does what you expect from a skill-guy his age in the Q. But at the moment, we have 4 or even 5 guys who are having a great year in juniors or at college: Adam, McNabb, Lagace, Tropp and maybe even your beloved Legault. But they won't all make it to the NHL, there is still a pretty high risk at everyone except Adam. We just hope they become impact players, we want them to be great and project our wishes into them. But there are still very big question marks.
On the other side, you can already insert Weber into our 3rd pairing and maybe he will step up his game once he is in the NHL. Schutz and Mancari could play the Bottom-lines, Gogulla, if he keeps developing decently, could serve as an injury call-up too next year, Gerbe can already be inserted. Those guys are still ahead of Lagace, Tropp or Legault for me.

But well, just my opinion, this isn't a question where you can give 'the' answer. You have already pushed Lagace and Legault a lot at the last voting (and you have been right with Lagace but pretty wrong with Legault). I just am a bit more careful when it comes to our junior players. Yes, being a pro may help a player in my personal ranking!
Do you think Lagace, Tropp, Legault are more impressive as Juniors then Schutz, Mancari, and Gogulla were at the same stage?

i obviously do...

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 05:29 PM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Do you think Lagace, Tropp, Legault are more impressive as Juniors then Schutz, Mancari, and Gogulla were at the same stage?

i obviously do...
I don't think comparing numbers that were put up 4 years ago says too much.

But if you wanna do it, their stats at the same age:
Gogulla: Regular Player in a men's league, establishing himself in the top-six.
Schutz: Playing his second season in NA at a PPG-pace, then returning to germany to play in a men's league as well.
Mancari: Solid AHLer in his first year.

(I'm putting the DEL at a slightly below-AHL level)

All three players you named have already been making their first steps in pro-hockey, while Lagace and Legault are putting up impressive numbers against kids. Don't forgt that Gogulla and Schutz are "just" two years older.

OcAirlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Vito_81

Am I missing something here? Did Nate Gerbe pull a Kramer and make some rasict remarks and now people have turned on him?

How is he falling this low. He's still putting up very good numbers, sure he's been injury prone this season but he still has top notch skill. He looked pretty good as a Sabre this season with 2 pts in 2 games before he tweaked his groin again.

I don't get it. He's got NHL skill yet keeps dropping here.

Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 05:59 PM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito_81 View Post
Am I missing something here? Did Nate Gerbe pull a Kramer and make some rasict remarks and now people have turned on him?

How is he falling this low. He's still putting up very good numbers, sure he's been injury prone this season but he still has top notch skill. He looked pretty good as a Sabre this season with 2 pts in 2 games before he tweaked his groin again.

Weber has NHL-'skill' too . It will be Gerbe either this or next round, it's a little drop, but nothing to bad... We have another smallish skill guy now, which hurts Gerbes ranking quite a bit.
But i think we have a Top-7 where things are pretty close (especially between #3 and #7). After that, there is a pretty big dropoff.

OcAirlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I'm not as high on Crawford or Lagace from the standpoint of them doing well, but not exceptionally well, against younger players. They're where a 20-year old playing against 17-18 year olds should be -- near the top of the scoring in their respective leagues by position. However, neither is so far and away better than other players to be clearly better than their younger piers.

02-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito_81 View Post

He hasn't had NHL level health and that may be in part due to his diminutive nature. Other's rise... Enroth's been lights out, Ennis has shown why he was a first round pedigree, Kassian has what they lack in the top 9 as does Adam, Weber looks to be ready.

That leaves Gerbe about where he was last year in overall rating in regards to the rest of the list. McNabb though is clearly a rising player, with his size and ruggedness accompanied by a clear improvement with the puck and use by the Ice as their #1 guy.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote