HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next year's team

Old
01-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Chrispy

vCash: 500
For the most part, yes. There's some way you can get some savings in a year where your player would have been under contract, but I don't understand that entirely. For instance, I don't think Eaves will count for anything against the Bruins cap next year with the buyout, before showing up again for a small amount in 11-12 and 12-13.

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:59 AM
bleedgreen

hall/seguin/fowler's cap hit would be at least 3.5. bonuses count. check out the cap hits for stamkos/duchene/tavares. top picks arent cheap labor, they count as vets right away.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:15 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Next year the maximum is 3.75, but unless you pull a Crosby/Ovechkin like rookie season you won't be making the max (and I'm not even sure Ovy or Crosby did during their rookie seasons either).

http://www.nhlscap.com/Exhibit5.htm explains more about the performance bonuses. Some are not that easy to achieve.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:12 PM
WWAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
Me want.

2010 Cap Hit

Hall (0.9) - Staal (8.25) - Jokinen (1.7)
Hagman (3.0) - Sutter (1.2) - Ruutu (3.8)
Tlusty (0.85) - Boychuk (1.2) - Cole (2.9)
Larose (1.7) - Brind'amour (3.6) - Kostopoulos (0.92)

Pitkanen (4.0) - Gleason (2.87)
Visnovsky (5.6) - Corvo/Seidenberg (3.3)
Alberts (1.05) - McBain (0.85)
Carson (0.52)

Ward (6.3)
Legace (0.5)

Buyout
Kaberle (0.73)
Samsonov (0.83)

Total Cap Hit = 56.05

2010 Real Dollars

Hall (0.9) - Staal (7.5) - Jokinen (1.9)
Hagman (3.0) - Sutter (1.2) - Ruutu (4.0)
Tlusty (0.85) - Boychuk (1.2) - Cole (3.0)
Larose (1.9) - Brind'amour (3.0) - Kostopoulos (0.95)

Pitkanen (4.5) - Gleason (2.8)
Visnovsky (6.0) - Corvo/Seidenberg (3.3)
Alberts (1.3) - McBain (0.85)
Carson (0.52)

Ward (5.0)
Legace (0.5)

Buyout
Kaberle (0.73)
Samsonov (0.83)

Real Dollars = 55.73

Downside is that's more than PK is willing to spend. Upside is 8.7 mil comes off the books the next year with Brindy, Cole, Larose and Kaberle's buyout all finished.
Still need to replace Brindamour's spot on the roster with someone, so pencil in at least another (0.5). Tlusty is RFA next year and should get a small increase. Hall at 0.9? Only if he plays the whole year in the AHL. Tavares signed an entry level contract for 3.7, and Stamkos and Kane were right around there as well.

That would be a pretty nasty team though.

WWAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:15 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
hall/seguin/fowler's cap hit would be at least 3.5. bonuses count. check out the cap hits for stamkos/duchene/tavares. top picks arent cheap labor, they count as vets right away.
That is true, but (at least as far as I've read) the teams have a buffer under the cap for their bonuses until they hit them. It's the same thing going on right now with Boston and Rask and Wheeler despite the fact that they should be over significantly right now.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 12:12 AM
karparules

So, I thought I'd resurrect this thread because I'm interested to see what everyone thinks we'll do with our minor-leaguers and prospects that are due for new contracts this summer. I certainly could have missed someone, but here are the players that will have to be re-signed:

Mike Angelidis
Nicolas Blanchard
Steven Goertzen
Robert Hennigar
Jerome Samson
Casey Borer
Brett Carson
Zack Fitzgerald
Justin Peters
Jiri Tlusty
Alexandre Picard

I'm not sure about some of the older guys on this list (such as Angelidis, Hennigar, and Fitzgerald), but I think that the rest would be considered RFAs. Of these, I would expect Carson, Tlusty, and probably Peters to be re-signed. Then, for guys like Blanchard, Samson, Picard, and Goertzen, I think that a lot depends on if they get any further chances in Carolina this season, and, of course, what they do with those chances. Borer is the toughest one. I have to think that with all the press he's been getting about his comeback, that the Canes won't give up on him. Let's hope so, because at one time, he definitely looked like a future NHLer.

Then, there are these fellows currently in Albany that will be UFAs:
Tim Conboy
Michael Ryan
Jay Harrison
Bryan Rodney

As much as I like him, I think Conboy is gone unless he is willing to go back to a 2-way contract. I expect Ryan to not be re-signed. Jay Harrison would have to agree to a 2-way as well. Bryan Rodney is the only one here that we may want to keep that we have a good chance of losing. If he feels that he isn't getting the chance he expected to stay with the big club, he'll likely shop around. Of course, a lot of the decisions on these guys will be impacted by any other trade acquisitions and/or NHL ready 2010 draftees.

Thoughts?

karparules is offline   Reply With Quote