HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Post your sticks

Old
02-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Webernaut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
please tell me you bought all this with your own money
I did.

Webernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Webernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
Ballistik 55cal 100 flex (Regular Ice)

My backup is rather unique... it's a local brand that is just starting up, and they have one OHL player and a Junior C team that are starting to use it. They say that they just want to keep their stick in the minors, but it's definitely pro caliber.. really light and you can absolutely rip the puck with it. They should really move up it's a good stick. Also, it also doesn't have anything on it. It's just black head to toe, with kind of a checker design. It's called SIK Stick. I'll post photos later.
Which Sik Stick do you have? I am curious about these. I need an off brand (to cut costs) that sell a feather light stick.

Old
02-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Canadian91

SIK Stick

Canadian91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Webernaut

Quote:
SIK Stick
Looks pretty bad ass, I love the no graphics look. Their website is a joke... lol Is that the Virus? Flex and curve?

Old
02-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Canadian91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webernaut View Post
Looks pretty bad ass, I love the no graphics look. Their website is a joke... lol Is that the Virus? Flex and curve?
Yep. At the time, the pro-shop I bought it at only had the virus. Apparently, they're having a hard time keeping up with the demand. Like I said, I think they'll have a hard time staying out of the Pros after a couple of years of it being on the market.

Old
02-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Webernaut

Quote:
Yep. At the time, the pro-shop I bought it at only had the virus. Apparently, they're having a hard time keeping up with the demand. Like I said, I think they'll have a hard time staying out of the Pros after a couple of years of it being on the market.
I want one. PM me. lol

Old
02-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Canadian91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webernaut View Post
I want one. PM me. lol
lol

For now, it looks like the only way you'll get one is if you live in Ottawa.

Keep looking though. IMHO it's going places.

Old
02-17-2010, 08:47 PM
playbedar

Send a message via MSN to playbedar
CCM U+ Grip Pro Stock (Maxime Lapierre) flex 110

Awesome stick, a bit too stiff for me but very nice feel and curve.

SWD RM7 (Bouchard) flex 85

I don't really like that one but I'm broke so I stick with it.

If my CCM break I'll probably buy a One90 or a Dolomite.

playbedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Frankie Spankie

I have 4 sticks that I currently/plan to use. All TPS Response Nash curves, regular flex. Three of them are XN2's, got a 3-pack on HockeyMonkey.com for $125 and have an old TPS Response with the same blade/flex, not sure of the exact model number.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:54 PM
WithOutPaperss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
when my brother was playing for his jr college he got them for free at a local pro shop. it was like 2 or 3 years ago, thats the one i use, its such a nice stick

if you really want one, the new s19 shaft is the same thing as it, youre just going to end up paying more
Well, all I remember is back when I was younger I had that stick with a Thornton curve, and it was the last time I remember having a shot that was decent...

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:47 AM
Brodeur

Sadly I've added to my collection since this photo. From left to right....

65 flex Easton Stealth CNT Forsberg - got it on clearance, this has become my once a year stick to use at the annual Vegas ball hockey tournament

100 flex Easton Synergy SL Gaborik - buddy of mine got a hold of this before it hit retail and sold it to me for $90.

100 flex TPS XN 10 Red Lite - found it at Play it Again for $15 in pretty good shape for a used stick.

102 flex Bauer XXX Lindros - got this one for free from a buddy

77 flex Bauer ID shaft + Bauer ID blade - Bauer had a computer display in various hockey stores along with various test shafts and blades. When Nike sold Bauer, the shops decided to sell the shafts/blades.....basically Bauer XXXX with a different paint job. Picked up the shaft and blade for $20 apiece.

75 flex Mission M-1 Gaborik - Maybe still my favorite stick to date. Play it Again had the price mismarked, got it for $70 brand new.

Medium flex CCM V130 shaft - Got it for $30, one of my many backup sticks for ball hockey.

95 flex Easton Cyclone shaft - Another $20 find at Play it Again.

75 flex Easton Z-Bubble grip shaft - buddy gave it to me used.

RBK Rebels 9k goalie stick - Full composite, I wish I had bought another one as they stopped making them with the graphic. Price error in my favor too, store only charged me $100 for it when the list price was $200.

CCM Vector 10.0 Intermediate Brodeur - Picked it up for $30 on clearance. Interesting stick, composite shaft but wood paddle.

Not pictured:

RBK X-Pulse goalie stick Brodeur pro return - Got a pair of these for $80 apiece.

Whip flex TPS R8 pro radius shaft - Xmas present to myself this past year.

110 flex Easton Z-Bubble - My first composite shaft, given to me as a birthday present back in 2001. Still keep it around for memory's sake.

Several Warrior unpainted test sticks, couple 100 flex Fedorovs, one 75 flex int Fedorov - Buddy of mine does printing for Warrior Hockey, so he's gotten his hands on several dozen test sticks. He had some goalie sticks to pass out recently, unfortunately I ended up on his bad side.

Admittedly, my collection is pretty unnecessary since I play goalie 90% of the time. And when I do play out, I feel like that tennis instructor from Seinfeld....the one with the real expensive racquet that can't play a lick. =)

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 03:07 AM
hemsky88

My primary stick right now is my RBK 10k 75 Flex (Crosby) and my backup is the
One95 77 Flex (Gagne) but i am still trying to get use to the one95 before i use it as primary.

hemsky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 03:13 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Sadly I've added to my collection since this photo. From left to right....

65 flex Easton Stealth CNT Forsberg - got it on clearance, this has become my once a year stick to use at the annual Vegas ball hockey tournament

100 flex Easton Synergy SL Gaborik - buddy of mine got a hold of this before it hit retail and sold it to me for $90.

100 flex TPS XN 10 Red Lite - found it at Play it Again for $15 in pretty good shape for a used stick.

102 flex Bauer XXX Lindros - got this one for free from a buddy

77 flex Bauer ID shaft + Bauer ID blade - Bauer had a computer display in various hockey stores along with various test shafts and blades. When Nike sold Bauer, the shops decided to sell the shafts/blades.....basically Bauer XXXX with a different paint job. Picked up the shaft and blade for $20 apiece.

75 flex Mission M-1 Gaborik - Maybe still my favorite stick to date. Play it Again had the price mismarked, got it for $70 brand new.

Medium flex CCM V130 shaft - Got it for $30, one of my many backup sticks for ball hockey.

95 flex Easton Cyclone shaft - Another $20 find at Play it Again.

75 flex Easton Z-Bubble grip shaft - buddy gave it to me used.

RBK Rebels 9k goalie stick - Full composite, I wish I had bought another one as they stopped making them with the graphic. Price error in my favor too, store only charged me $100 for it when the list price was $200.

CCM Vector 10.0 Intermediate Brodeur - Picked it up for $30 on clearance. Interesting stick, composite shaft but wood paddle.

Not pictured:

RBK X-Pulse goalie stick Brodeur pro return - Got a pair of these for $80 apiece.

Whip flex TPS R8 pro radius shaft - Xmas present to myself this past year.

110 flex Easton Z-Bubble - My first composite shaft, given to me as a birthday present back in 2001. Still keep it around for memory's sake.

Several Warrior unpainted test sticks, couple 100 flex Fedorovs, one 75 flex int Fedorov - Buddy of mine does printing for Warrior Hockey, so he's gotten his hands on several dozen test sticks. He had some goalie sticks to pass out recently, unfortunately I ended up on his bad side.

Admittedly, my collection is pretty unnecessary since I play goalie 90% of the time. And when I do play out, I feel like that tennis instructor from Seinfeld....the one with the real expensive racquet that can't play a lick. =)
Geeez Louise, you think you used enough dynamite there Butch? Nice collection!

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 02-18-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 03:38 AM
Hockeyfan68

These are my current setups.

2 Harrow tapered 300 Series shafts with matching blades. One is an Iginla type blade and the other a Getzlaf / Lidstrom type blade pattern.

2 Bauer Supreme One55 shafts with decent blades in them as backups. The One55 is a decent mediocre stick but I cannot use them comfortably anymore after using the Harrow sticks. They currently have a bauer One90 PM9 pattern blade and an Easton Synergy Heatley pattern blade.

I have several other blades upstairs and did not bother to take a picture .... some Montreal graphite with wood hosel stuff and 2 more eastom compos as well as sveral Montreal wood blades and CCM wood blades.

After using Harrow I have found my stick, light but not too light, very durable and a great kickpoint for shooting and passing, wristers etc. The semi-gloss rubber type grip is superb as well.

in comparison the One55 shafts are junk honestly and low budget sticks for the nonserious player. If you are a serious player using them stop immediately because you will be happier using a stick worth a few more $$$. That is just my opinion of course, after using a much better stick there isn't any going back really. they are a lot heavier than my Harrows and the Harrows are not even as light as some super light top end $200 sticks.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 02-18-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 06:44 AM
MJAYK

Sherwood RM8 95 flex, Stastny

It's my first composite after my wooden Bauer blade split in half after a few slapshots. Pretty happy with it and the rubber grip is nice. It's a bit too stiff for my liking, maybe i'll try 85 flex for my next stick. The Stastny curve is also not the best for slapshot's, if you like to shoot them (me). It lift's the puck way too easily. Would have gotten a bit more closed blade if they had anything else. The 95 flex is perfect with slapshot's but like i said it's not the best choice with the stastny curve.

MJAYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Is that R8 shaft tapered? Need to thin the herd a bit?

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 09:52 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Geez, I'm a small timer with a vapor XXXX and two synergy two pieces.

And assorted Synergy shafts lying around at home waiting for me to need one of them... And the one beside my desk that I use for opening and closing curtains....

Now I just need to convince my dad to switch from 85 flex to a 75, and I'll be set for life on shafts.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Ani simov mal

I use an S19 but I don't really know what it is.

Ani simov mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 10:41 AM
MJAYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Nope it's not tapered.

MJAYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:26 AM
nyr33

let's see...

(x2)warrior 260 flex pro stock dolomite grip shafts with fedorov curve
warrior kronik grip 85 flex fedorov curve
Nikebauer one95 shaft 77 flex with one95 malkin blade
nikebauer one95 shaft 87 flex with warrior AK27 blade vanek curve (awesome setup)

nyr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Well,

My primary stick is the AK-27 which only comes in a shaft. I use a AK-27 blade with it, usually Federov or Draper pattern. I hate up curves and big curves to those are the too mildest ones I've found. The current one is a 110 flex which is a lot higher than I want but AK-27s sell fast in these parts and you can;t be too picky sometimes.

I have a Warrior Swizzle as a back-up, I think its a Marc Savard blade, 90 flex. It's decent actually and I like it.

I have a ****** One95 Bauer of some kind and an even ****tier Tavares CCM stick as last resorts should a disaster occur haha.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 12:14 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloPoErich View Post
What do you think about them two? I have looked at both of them as I like Bauer and I like cheaper sticks. Not really a fan of the X:20, but I do like the X:40 I think. I haven't tried any of the supreme series, as I was told they are more for if you have a good slapper, which I DON'T!
I have a pretty brutal slapper as well but the X20 seemed to help that, which suprised b/c I heard the same thing you did; basically the Supreme Series should help your slap shot.

Being that I am a beginner both sticks are fine for me, but I like the X20 a little better. My slappers and wristers just seem to have a little more heat on them now.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Well,

My primary stick is the AK-27 which only comes in a shaft. I use a AK-27 blade with it, usually Federov or Draper pattern. I hate up curves and big curves to those are the too mildest ones I've found. The current one is a 110 flex which is a lot higher than I want but AK-27s sell fast in these parts and you can;t be too picky sometimes.

I have a Warrior Swizzle as a back-up, I think its a Marc Savard blade, 90 flex. It's decent actually and I like it.

I have a ****** One95 Bauer of some kind and an even ****tier Tavares CCM stick as last resorts should a disaster occur haha.
So you'd recommend an AK-27? Where did you get yours?

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Affirmative on the tapered, negatory on the latter

I still need to cut 2-3 inches off of it. Probably will try to sell off the XN10 and Bauer ID shafts. I tend to buy a lot of stuff if it's a good deal. If I don't keep it for myself, I'll resell it at cost to buddies who break their sticks. A few years back, HockeyMonkey had a bunch of pro stock Warrior shafts for $60. Bought a 70 flex Dolomite and 80 flex AK27. Both were a little too boxy for my liking, so I sold them.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:20 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
So you'd recommend an AK-27? Where did you get yours?
I love the AK-27. I had the old orange one, shaft lastest me a long time. I just bought the new black one and love it.

Definitely worth at least trying out.

If you are in the Winnipeg area, the best bets for Warrior stuff are Play-it-Again Sports on St. Anne's almost at the South Perimeter, or Source for Sports on Pembina. They both seem to stock Warrior shafts, especially Play-it-Again.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote