HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Went to Hartford

Old
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Went to Hartford

PA Parenteau is gone

Quote:
Parenteau scored 34 goals and 81 points in 2007-08 and 29 goals and 78 points last season for Hartford. This is his seventh AHL season, he is earning $500,000 and is an unrestricted free agent. Playing regularly, I think he can help some teams---because he doesn't seem to be in the Rangers long-term plans.

When asked if he felt that he was afforded a fair opportunity in the organization, the Quebec native's answer was quick: "Iím not gonna answer that one; I just want to finish the season healthy."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...g-on-1.1768308

Bobby Sanguinetti resumed skating last week-high ankle sprain

Quote:
"Iím just trying and make sure I come back and have a good finish to the season. Hopefully theyíre looking at me," said Sanguinetti, who is signed for $765,000 next season.

"Thatís my main focus, just a matter of trying to win a spot. Itís tough not being up there, it's everybodyís goal. You hate to think about it, but maybe I would have been there if I hadn't been hurt." (Corey Potter played Feb. 10 against Nashville and on the 14th with Michael Del Zotto out.)
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...nish-1.1768286

Quote:
The transition for countryman Artem Anisimov seemed easier (16-27-43 in 74 G in 2007-08 in Hartford) and when asked if he believed that he was going through a period of adjustment, Grachev said: ďI believe soÖI hope so. Iím just trying to not think about it, just trying to get some experience, every night, every game. (Head coach) Kenny (Gernander) has been working with me on defense, heís trying to get my attention most on that part of the game.Ē
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ress-1.1768276

Grachev played on the wing at Brampton but Zipay keeps talking about him playing at center.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 01:45 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

lol screw defense, we need him to score goals!

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 01:55 PM
pld459666

I would seriously have a problem if they stunt this young mans offensive growth by having him focus to much on defence.

It's nice and all, but he wasnt drafted to be a defensive winger.

Be mindful of your own zone, but put do what you do best and that is score goals.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

I think Grachev will be a nice NHL player.

I also think some of the speculation that he'd be a 40-40 guy and a first liner was wishful thinking, primarily driven by his inflated numbers in juniors playing with a Duchene.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

bye P.A., enjoy... Phoenix.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:02 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

PAP desperately needs a league between the AHL and the NHL.

He should get a shot somewhere, no reason he doesn't deserve it.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think Grachev will be a nice NHL player.

I also think some of the speculation that he'd be a 40-40 guy and a first liner was wishful thinking, primarily driven by his inflated numbers in juniors playing with a Duchene.
I agree that people set some unrealistic expectations, but I can't say I feel his numbers were inflated by Duchene. Grachev was simply a man playing against boys. Now, the playing field has been leveled and he's learning to adjust.

I imagine he'll end up being a solid 50-60 point player if he develops well. 25G/30A in his prime. I wouldn't be too upset with that for a 3rd round pick. Anything more than that is icing on the cake, IMO. I think he'd be a nice fit on Gaborik's opposite wing though.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
He's got one. It's called "Europe" (inc. Russia). He's been close to going over in each of the past two summers, but the Rangers have convinced him to stay with the promise of opportunity (two summers ago) and money (one-way contract this summer).

I'll miss him in Hartford, but for the sake of his own career, I hope he goes over next season.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:24 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I would seriously have a problem if they stunt this young mans offensive growth by having him focus to much on defence.

It's nice and all, but he wasnt drafted to be a defensive winger.

Be mindful of your own zone, but put do what you do best and that is score goals.
This is an issue every Russian player goes through when they come over (even Anisimov, who's defensive game was far more developed than the average 19-year old Russian's). In order to succeed in the NHL -- unless you've got superstar skills on par with Kovalchuk, Semin, etc. (which Grachev does not) -- you need to learn to play at both ends of the ice. Gernander is not stunting Grachev's development, he's just not as good/ready as you thought he'd be.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:24 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
He's got one. It's called "Europe" (inc. Russia). He's been close to going over in each of the past two summers, but the Rangers have convinced him to stay with the promise of opportunity (two summers ago) and money (one-way contract this summer).

I'll miss him in Hartford, but for the sake of his own career, I hope he goes over next season.
Yeah I just don't get it though. This team, for most of the season, has been desperately trying to get goal scoring. Yet they have two guys in the AHL (Locke and PAP) just absolutely tearing it up, and neither of them were given a real shot to excel at the NHL level.

Yeah PAP got 14 games, but he was mostly used with other offensively inept players and averaged 12:51 on ice.

But it is what it is...I guess.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Yeah I just don't get it though. This team, for most of the season, has been desperately trying to get goal scoring. Yet they have two guys in the AHL (Locke and PAP) just absolutely tearing it up, and neither of them were given a real shot to excel at the NHL level.

Yeah PAP got 14 games, but he was mostly used with other offensively inept players and averaged 12:51 on ice.

he got those minutes for a reason. he's a tweener.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:33 PM
ecemleafs

whos gonna be in hartford next year? seems a lot of the good players will be leaving and there are a bunch of ****** players on the team.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
whos gonna be in hartford next year? seems a lot of the good players will be leaving and there are a bunch of ****** players on the team.

im trying to understand when it became important for Hartford to win games....

i always thought it was more important that they develop their players....hearing Grachev is working on his D makes me VERY happy because that is exactly what he needs to be working on to round his game out better.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

i always thought it was more important that they develop their players....hearing Grachev is working on his D makes me VERY happy because that is exactly what he needs to be working on to round his game out better.
It ain't easy to develop when you're giving up 6 or 7 goals a night and the entire team is discouraged and frustrated. Sure you can work on individual aspects of the game, but you need the guys like PAP and Locke to mentor, teach and help the team win games. Those are my thoughts.

I was surprised PAP even came back this year. Wouldn't be shocked to see him head elsewhere, whether it be overseas or an NHL club where there would be an opportunity for him.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:

i always thought it was more important that they develop their players....
Really? I thought it was a junk yard where you dump your contract mistakes?

--

I've haven't seen Lisin do anything I didn't seen PAP do at the NHL level. I continue to find it odd that the organization will take a flyer on almost anyone else's "tweener projects", but won't even take a real look at the one's they've developed.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
It ain't easy to develop when you're giving up 6 or 7 goals a night and the entire team is discouraged and frustrated. Sure you can work on individual aspects of the game, but you need the guys like PAP and Locke to mentor, teach and help the team win games. Those are my thoughts.

I was surprised PAP even came back this year. Wouldn't be shocked to see him head elsewhere, whether it be overseas or an NHL club where there would be an opportunity for him.
I agree, everyone has more fun when you win. I think frustration from losses can really hurt a persons work ethic among other things.

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 04:43 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post

--

I've haven't seen Lisin do anything I didn't seen PAP do at the NHL level. I continue to find it odd that the organization will take a flyer on almost anyone else's "tweener projects", but won't even take a real look at the one's they've developed.

I'm with you, I liked PA's game. I thought he was better on the boards & in the netural zone & he has offensice skills.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 04:44 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

Drury's been playing with offensively inept players, too. The fact is, the only real offensive talent we have on the team is Gabby, Prospal, and now Jokinen, along with Del Zotto. Dubinsky isn't consistent enough to be in that group. No one is playing with them except themselves with each other.

That said, I do think that PAP should have gotten more of a shot, mainly because I agree totally with the following comment:

Quote:

Lisin will not be an NHLer for long. And maybe PAP won't ever be one, but why give Lisin a shot and not him?

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 05:57 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:

He should get a shot somewhere, no reason he doesn't deserve it.
Doesn't that team play on Long Island?

Quote:
whos gonna be in hartford next year?
Hopefully Derek Stepan and Ryan McDonagh.

Quote:

Learning is great, learning while winning and scoring, is even better.

Quote:
I think it's maybe because you know what you've got is a tweener because you've seen enough of him and someone else's tweener you haven't studied enough to be sure he's a tweener. Alexandre Giroux comes to mind. I always thought he should have gotten a shot in NY, but never really did. Meanwhile the organization always gave Marcel Hossa a shot. Both haven't worked out.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I think it's maybe because you know what you've got is a tweener because you've seen enough of him and someone else's tweener you haven't studied enough to be sure he's a tweener. Alexandre Giroux comes to mind. I always thought he should have gotten a shot in NY, but never really did. Meanwhile the organization always gave Marcel Hossa a shot. Both haven't worked out.
I think that's a good analysis.

Giroux is a guy I thought was deserving as well. Add Immonen, Baranka, maybe Lampman. Honestly, if they got a 60 game look and it worked out as well as it did for Hossa, can't say I'd be disappointed, even if it didn't really "work out" in the grand scheme of things. It would just be good to see more of the prospects pushed all the way though the development ladder, and I think it would be good for the morale of the people in it as well.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Vitto79

Lisin will not be an NHLer for long. And maybe PAP won't ever be one, but why give Lisin a shot and not him?[/QUOTE]

Cause Lisin is a former 1st rounder and dealt for another 1st rounder in Korpikoski. Not to mention Lisin is fast and young. Lisin will be moved at the deadline for help. He is an NHLer and unfortunatly Parenteau is a career minor leaguer

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 07:05 PM
NYR Viper

^^^ Lisin is a former 2nd rounder.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 07:42 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Tomas Kundratek and Sam Klassen will be in Hartford next season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 08:30 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:

--

Well if you put it that way, I can wholeheartedly agree. I don't see anything Lisin can do that PAP cant.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 08:36 PM
ecemleafs

so most likely the D core will include Potter, McD, Kundratek, Sauer, and Klassen?

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote