HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Torts is out of control

Old
02-18-2010, 01:40 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Larry should keep quiet for now. He has to keep his knife behind his back and plunge it into Torts back in appropriate time. Thanks to Sather that time is quite near.
Torts should go to Dolan and ask for the favor to tell MSG camera men not to follow his face during the games. That could be easily done, see if he follows my advise.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 01:57 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Interesting that you would put this in that context because you are wrong about how to discipline a dog or puppy. Yelling at them is counterproductive to training them, or people.

More importantly, Brooks is irrelevant to me. The fact is that Torts as coach is all that matters and he has proven before to be a man on the edge. He showed his inability to behave correctly in last year's playoffs and arguably cost the Rangers any chance of winning that series.

Because of this he has lost the margin of error he would normally be entitled to. Until he proves otherwise, he appears to be an out-of-control brat who lucked into a Cup victory because of superior personnel.
I don't think the leauge will let Torts use a correction collar.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 01:59 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
and what do these 4 dinosaurs have in common?

They would have the same reactions That Torts did.

Old
02-18-2010, 02:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
and what do these 4 dinosaurs have in common?
They're four people who have never been in my kitchen.

02-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
They would have the same reactions That Torts did.
They also no longer possess NHL jobs.

The yellers and screamers have their merits. But often, they catch lightning in a bottle with the right team that "gets it." I think thats what happened with Tortorella in Tampa. His top players bought into what he was selling, not to mention Khabibulin played lights out and Ruslan Fedotenko went bonkers in the playoffs. Call it luck, call it whatever you want, but Torts is a cup champion coach...you cant take that away from him. You could also note that hes a .500 career coach who has lost far more players than hes gotten through to.

Guys with Torts' personality have their merits, but theyre also ticking time bombs. The Dallas Stars won their cup to spite Ken Hitchcock, and the same can perhaps be said about the Rangers and Keenan. In the cases of Torts, Hitchcock, and Keenan, they were done with their cup winning franchises shortly after their victories.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 03:46 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
They also no longer possess NHL jobs.

The yellers and screamers have their merits. But often, they catch lightning in a bottle with the right team that "gets it." I think thats what happened with Tortorella in Tampa. His top players bought into what he was selling, not to mention Khabibulin played lights out and Ruslan Fedotenko went bonkers in the playoffs. Call it luck, call it whatever you want, but Torts is a cup champion coach...you cant take that away from him. You could also note that hes a .500 career coach who has lost far more players than hes gotten through to.

Guys with Torts' personality have their merits, but theyre also ticking time bombs. The Dallas Stars won their cup to spite Ken Hitchcock, and the same can perhaps be said about the Rangers and Keenan. In the cases of Torts, Hitchcock, and Keenan, they were done with their cup winning franchises shortly after their victories.

I'd rather have the ticking time bomb as head coach & an assiant coach like Renney or Campbell to deflect the coachs ire.

Old
02-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I'd rather have the ticking time bomb as head coach & an assiant coach like Renney or Campbell to deflect the coachs ire.
Yeah cause nice guys finish last

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:47 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
They're four people who have never been in my kitchen.
Clifford, is that you?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 05:19 AM
HoosierDaddy

Torturella is an imbecile for so publicly taking on someone with a "pen" and a large readership. He can't win that fight. Ever! Brooks, like him or hate him, asks a lot of the tough questions the others shy away from. The coach likes to mistreat the media like he mistreats his players. At the end of the day if I saw him berating Mary Lou Redden of Captain NoDoze I could accept his treatment of a rookie making a rookie mistake.

And many of us act as if we were in a heated pissing match that you wouldn't use all the tools in your arsenal, in this case Brooks readers, to grind your adversaries down.

"Oh, so you don't want to answer my questions, then I'll ask them and answer them. " The coach brow beats the beat reporters to the point that they throw marshmellow questions. And when he gets a tough question, he refuses to answer. Like someone wrote, getting suspended last year gives him little rope - whenever he talks about discipline it sounds a lot like "do as I say, not as I do."

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote