HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bernier & Roe tonight on TPS

Old
02-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Bernier & Roe tonight on TPS

By sheer coincidence, we've got a pair of LA Kings prospects on our program tonight. Jonathon Bernier will be on at about 6:25 PM Pacific time and Garrett Roe will be on at the top of the second hour, about 7:05 PM.

If you have questions for either player, email them to us at: pipeup@theteam1260.com

the live show can be heard at www.thepipelineshow.com

Cheers!

- Guy

02-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Thanks, I'll be listening.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 03:26 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
By sheer coincidence, we've got a pair of LA Kings prospects on our program tonight. Jonathon Bernier will be on at about 6:25 PM Pacific time and Garrett Roe will be on at the top of the second hour, about 7:05 PM.

If you have questions for either player, email them to us at: pipeup@theteam1260.com

the live show can be heard at www.thepipelineshow.com

Cheers!

- Guy

tnx,
btw: It's Jonathan Bernier.

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 04:15 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post
tnx,
btw: It's Jonathan Bernier.
Fortunately it's radio. No spelling requirements.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

change of plan... Bernier is pre-recorded and now he'll be the final guest at 7:45 Pacific

Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 11:53 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Do you have any link to the interview?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 11:57 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
It'll be posted here eventually: http://www.thepipelineshow.com/media...010-08-31&sn=5

Old
02-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Here is the link where you can find both of the interviews with the Kings prospects as well as the other 4 segments from last night's show: http://www.thepipelineshow.com/media...000:00:00&sn=5

Thanks TonySCV!

Old
02-17-2010, 12:55 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Thanks!

The Bernier interview was excellent. Good questions and honest answers.

Anyone who has followed Bernier (and his attitude) will be pretty stunned listening to this interview. What a difference a year makes. The kid has done a complete 180. He's got an LA Kings/Monarchs tattoo on him now - no doubt about it.

No softball questions either. Here's one from the interview... "Lombardi said, "(Bernier) went to junior, pouted for a while... even this year when we called Quick up, Bernier did not work hard in practice. He thought this was going to be an easy ride to the NHL." Did that upset you? Motivate you?"

Bernier talks about Ranford's coaching, his teammates and really doing a lot of soul searching and growing up. It's striking how different his attitude is now.

He also talks about getting torched in the All-Star game.

Last edited by TonySCV: 02-17-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old
02-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Fortunately it's radio. No spelling requirements.
hee hee

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:47 AM
eleventy

his accent reminds me of Patrick Roy

eleventy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:03 AM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleventy View Post
his accent reminds me of Patrick Roy
Hopefully his win/loss record and playoff success will remind us of Roy too.

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I liked the Bernier interview a lot. It is nice to see him succeeding and understanding why he is down there. I still have him marked as #1 on my future Kings lineup. This next training camp should be spectacular even though Quick is clearly the #1 now and that will not be brought into question at all in camp, but Bernier can come up and start playing in some games and build some NHL experience and momentum.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Shellz

I really hope Quick is our number one guy.

That might come off rude. Honestly though, I don't want to see Quick go unless for some reason his play drops. I don't see it happening. He's a work horse and he will do what he has to do to keep his job.

To me, it seems some see Quick as the guy 'for now' until Bernier is ready to play and that's not fair to Quick.

Last edited by Shellz: 02-17-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:50 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post

That might come off rude. Honestly though, I don't want to see Quick go unless for some reason his play drops. I don't see it happening. He's a work horse and he will do what he has to do to keep his job.

To me, it seems some see Quick as the guy 'for now' until Bernier is ready to play and that's not fair to Quick.
I'm pretty sure having Bernier sitting on the bench as a backup next season will only help with the motivation Quick needs to play well. Quick reminds me of Doughty - when the pressure gets elevated, he plays better. I'm not sure if Bernier plays that way in Manchester as well, but Quick demonstrates that regularly. If that continues through the stretch run and into the playoffs, the Kings are going to have a lot of success in the postseason.

Old
02-18-2010, 10:20 AM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post

I'm a bit biased towards Bernier, but I want him to TAKE the number one job from Quick. I don't want Quick to be left as the de facto number one, I want an honest, hard working competition between our two goaltenders and let the cards fall where they may. Let's face it, if these two compete hard, push each other, and raise each other's game then WE'RE the winners. And that's what matters in the long run.

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 12:29 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M View Post
I'm a bit biased towards Bernier, but I want him to TAKE the number one job from Quick. I don't want Quick to be left as the de facto number one, I want an honest, hard working competition between our two goaltenders and let the cards fall where they may. Let's face it, if these two compete hard, push each other, and raise each other's game then WE'RE the winners. And that's what matters in the long run.
Totally agree with this. Of course, given my user name/avatar, I'm a huge Bernier fan. That being said, Quick deserves the spot until he is outmatched. I think this is the first time I love two Kings goalies at the same time. It will be great to be excited no matter who's in net next year (barring injuries to either one).

Bernier is as big a competitor as Quick in big games. Look at this record at the second half of the season when Lewiston won the finals. He went 18-0 or something like that down the stretch (can't remember the exact number).

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Do you guys have any expectations for Roe? He's small but obviously has some talent too.

Old
02-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
Do you guys have any expectations for Roe? He's small but obviously has some talent too.
My expectation was for him to turn pro this year. Did you ask him if the Kings offered him a contract?

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

I loved Roe at the rookie camp. I think he will make an NHLer of himself. Skill, speed, tons of heart and a nasty side. All seems to add up to an NHL regular in some capacity. I think he can be a good 3rd liner. Everyone will say size, size, blah blah blah, but he looked so damn tough when I saw him, shrugging off checks from guys twice his size and dishing them out with the force of a taller man. I'm excited for him to turn pro.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote