HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Backes Keep your head up

Old
02-18-2010, 05:08 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
If someone threatened me like that it would be an instant crosscheck to the teeth for him. It's a game you don't intentionally try to injure someone.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If someone threatened me like that it would be an instant crosscheck to the teeth for him. It's a game you don't intentionally try to injure someone.

So what is the purpose of a open ice (considered clean) body check? to let the guy know you are there? i'm pretty sure its to hurt him..... anytime I threw a body check, it wasn't because I had to or whatever, it was to make them feel pain, plain and simple. Does a linebacker with a free shot at a QB nicely place him on the ground, look at the hit Kurt Warner took in the NFC championship after his INT, that was to hurt him.

Uncle Grouchy Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle evan View Post
So what is the purpose of a open ice (considered clean) body check? to let the guy know you are there? i'm pretty sure its to hurt him..... anytime I threw a body check, it wasn't because I had to or whatever, it was to make them feel pain, plain and simple. Does a linebacker with a free shot at a QB nicely place him on the ground, look at the hit Kurt Warner took in the NFC championship after his INT, that was to hurt him.
So you go out with the intent to break his neck/knee and end his career? If it was you should be ashamed.

Old
02-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY

Quote:
So you go out with the intent to break his neck/knee and end his career? If it was you should be ashamed.

I never said that, I'm talking of a clean/acceptable hit...... if you get hurt when your hit cleanly thats the way the cookie crumbles, you accepted that risk when you stepped on the ice or field..... career ending or not.

Old
02-18-2010, 08:00 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
I never said that, I'm talking of a clean/acceptable hit...... if you get hurt when your hit cleanly thats the way the cookie crumbles, you accepted that risk when you stepped on the ice or field..... career ending or not.
No **** you missed the point. The idea behind Backes threatening to break someones neck again or the OP mentioned Marchment threatening to take out a rookies knee is ******** and it probably is damn near a crime.

A clean hit has no intent to injure but when you threaten to injure it is not the same. Pretty classless what he said reguardless, he injured a player before and threatens to do it again.

Old
02-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY

Quote:
No **** you missed the point. The idea behind Backes threatening to break someones neck again or the OP mentioned Marchment threatening to take out a rookies knee is ******** and it probably is damn near a crime.

A clean hit has no intent to injure but when you threaten to injure it is not the same. Pretty classless what he said reguardless, he injured a player before and threatens to do it again.

you said 'its a game, you dont try to injure someone' , a clean big hit never not hurts, if that makes sense..... when you line a guy up, you are trying to make him hurt... why else would you hit him?

Old
02-18-2010, 08:10 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
you said 'its a game, you dont try to injure someone' , a clean big hit never not hurts, if that makes sense..... when you line a guy up, you are trying to make him hurt... why else would you hit him?
When you say "I intent to smash your knee" or "I will break your neck" IT IS A THREAT! I am also pretty sure you can be charged criminally aswell.

Nothing wrong with clean hits but intent to injure is UNACCEPTABLE and doesn't belong in sports.

Old
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Quote:
to remove him from the puck

dixs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Andy Martin

Quote:
I don't think you're going out there to hurt anybody at all.

Andy Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
to remove him from the puck

poke check ?

Old
02-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Oilerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHO NUFF View Post
Asshat?...hmmmm, ok. I guess Swedes aren't really known for their creativity. If you're really that offended though bog, let's keep it hockey related. After all, this is a hockey discussion board right? How 'bout them broads of yours tonight? Looking good!

LMFAO!!

Oilerz is offline   Reply With Quote