HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Players available at the deadline(your team)

Old
02-17-2010, 02:05 PM
slapshots1515

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Why is he available, I always thought Wings fan were high on him, how's his play been this year?
there's no way he's available. Ericsson, Kindl, and Kronwall are the core of the defense for years to come.

slapshots1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Miller Time

Habs have all sorts of "treats" available:

Behind door #1- overpriced vets on terrible contracts or UFA's to be with marginal value as depth players

Gomez
Gionta
Spacek
Metropolit
Mara

any could be yours for next to nothing... late picks, average prospects, cheap bottom 6/bottom pairing players.

but it does get better...

Door #2- former 1st overall pick, a little bit overpaid, but only 1 year left on the deal, perfect fit for a team with cap space looking to upgrade their top 4 heading into the playoffs

Hamrlik

would cost a little bit more, 2nd round pick + solid prospect/young talented player who is struggling to live up to high draft status

Door #3- choice between 2 very good young netminders just itching to take over as a permanent #1

Price OR Halak

this one will cost a lot... have to be an overpay situation as both are RFA's and both have shown enough to indicate they could very well evolve into all-star caliber goalies down the road. Think 1st+

and finally, the big gem...

Door #4- Young top line centre, currently on pace for a career best 77pts, in the top 20 in league scoring, great on the PK, only drawback is the impending UFA status...

Plekanec

this one will also cost a lot... big overpayment needed, 1st +++, but for a team looking to bolster their scoring ahead of the playoffs (NJ, Buffalo, Phx, CGY, Nashville) or with some cap space and looking to fill a top 6 centre position for next year... Plekanec is one of the best options out there

personally, i hope only door #1 and maybe door # 3 get opened... but if the price is right, we'll listen to all offers (or at least I hope we will!)

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshots1515 View Post
not averse to giving up lebda/meech, or even a pick, though i don't think biron's quite worth all that. maybe sub in a low pick instead of high. but really, why do the wings want biron anyways? they have a veteran presence with ozzie and an up and coming who's finally arriving in howard. why do they trade for a questionable no. 1/great backup goalie?
Meech and a 4th for Biron - 3 way competition for the starting role. Ozzy gets the start this year in the playoffs if the Wings make it. Ozzy looks close to done, and I think Biron could sign a 1 year deal with the Wings next year to split time with Howard. This is a no pressure situation for Howard as he is showing now he has the ability to be a solid goalie in the NHL, just gives him more time to truly ease into his role without being rushed by a shaky Osgood. Just an idea I had, feel free to dispute.

Last edited by Eternal Sunshine: 02-17-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Richter35

Rangers

Michal Roszival
Enver Lisin
(maybe) Dan Girardi
(bigger maybe) Brandon Dubinsky
prospects - bobby sangs probably

everybody else isn't getting moved/is untradeable except

Prospal
Jokinen

who are UFA and could go as rentals, but Glen isn't selling so I think they stay on the team

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 08:03 PM
slapshots1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanatic19 View Post
Meech and a 4th for Biron - 3 way competition for the starting role. Ozzy gets the start this year in the playoffs if the Wings make it. Ozzy looks close to done, and I think Biron could sign a 1 year deal with the Wings next year to split time with Howard. This is a no pressure situation for Howard as he is showing now he has the ability to be a solid goalie in the NHL, just gives him more time to truly ease into his role without being rushed by a shaky Osgood. Just an idea I had, feel free to dispute.
i see where you're coming from...if it's meech and a 4th for biron, i might even be ok with that, but i feel like the isles value him more than that (even if i dont). and i really just dont feel like biron is THAT much of an upgrade over osgood. other problem with a 3 way battle for the starting role is the cap-the wings dont have enough room to cover 3 goalies.

slapshots1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshots1515 View Post
i see where you're coming from...if it's meech and a 4th for biron, i might even be ok with that, but i feel like the isles value him more than that (even if i dont). and i really just dont feel like biron is THAT much of an upgrade over osgood. other problem with a 3 way battle for the starting role is the cap-the wings dont have enough room to cover 3 goalies.
Isles could probably get more for him than Meech and a 4th, but I doubt they value him much themselves with Dipi and Roloson on the team. Biron may not be an upgrade over Osgood for the playoffs, but I am more worried about the rest of the regular season right now as a Wings fan. I don't know about the cap space, Kenny could make it work

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 08:46 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Stall View Post
Anyone except Staal, C. Ward, Sutter, Gleason, Pitkanen, Ruutu and Jokinen (and our prospects)
Ummm... so I guess they Canes aren't making anymore trades, unless someone pays a first for 37-year-old Whitney or Columbus is so aore for offensive D that they go for 40-game Corvo..... 'cause everyone above = the entire value of the Canes' franchise.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

for those postin Biron offers jut NO! Howard is playing great if we make playoffs itll be him if he epic fails we prolly wont make playoffs but Ozzy is capable(although he blows this yr but did last Reg Season 2)

As For Available:

Meech OR Lebda

Possibly for the right price:

Bertuzzi, Williams, or Lilja

-But i doubt Holland makes any move other than Tradin Meech or Lebda 4 somethin like the Leino deal maybe a 4th Rounder, 2 free Cap Space

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 01:11 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Habs have all sorts of "treats" available:

Behind door #1- overpriced vets on terrible contracts or UFA's to be with marginal value as depth players

Gomez
Gionta
Spacek
Metropolit
Mara

any could be yours for next to nothing... late picks, average prospects, cheap bottom 6/bottom pairing players.

but it does get better...

Door #2- former 1st overall pick, a little bit overpaid, but only 1 year left on the deal, perfect fit for a team with cap space looking to upgrade their top 4 heading into the playoffs

Hamrlik

would cost a little bit more, 2nd round pick + solid prospect/young talented player who is struggling to live up to high draft status

Door #3- choice between 2 very good young netminders just itching to take over as a permanent #1

Price OR Halak

this one will cost a lot... have to be an overpay situation as both are RFA's and both have shown enough to indicate they could very well evolve into all-star caliber goalies down the road. Think 1st+

and finally, the big gem...

Door #4- Young top line centre, currently on pace for a career best 77pts, in the top 20 in league scoring, great on the PK, only drawback is the impending UFA status...

Plekanec

this one will also cost a lot... big overpayment needed, 1st +++, but for a team looking to bolster their scoring ahead of the playoffs (NJ, Buffalo, Phx, CGY, Nashville) or with some cap space and looking to fill a top 6 centre position for next year... Plekanec is one of the best options out there

personally, i hope only door #1 and maybe door # 3 get opened... but if the price is right, we'll listen to all offers (or at least I hope we will!)
lol mad props on the creativity.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 04:51 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
The Habs keep Price + Subban + Pacioretty

Everyone else is up for grabs

Time To Rebuild
Wasn't that this past offseason. I thought they swapped nearly half the roster?

Last edited by MacOfNiagara: 02-18-2010 at 08:11 AM.
MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 05:12 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
I think Kovalchuk is on the block.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 10:47 AM
MHX
Hockey Makes Us...

For Ottawa:

Brian Lee
Shean Donovan
Ryan Shannon
Jarkko Ruutu
Leclaire?

MHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:28 AM
The New Originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
so Del Zotto is available?
Yes. In my world, that is.

The New Originals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 10:05 AM
MJ65

Kaberle for 2 1st rounders and a roster player or 1st rounder, top 6 roster player and a prospect.

MJ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 10:06 AM
MJ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bank View Post
For Ottawa:

Brian Lee
Shean Donovan
Ryan Shannon
Jarkko Ruutu