HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston and Edmonton

Old
02-18-2010, 02:27 PM
backhandsauce

vCash: 500
Boston and Edmonton

To Boston

Lubomir Visnovsky 5.6
Andrew Cogliano 1.133 (RFA)
Gilbert Brule (Hate to part with him)

To Edmonton

David Krejci 3.750
Dennis Wideman 3.875

Lubo gets to play with one of his best friends in Chara, Cogliano gives the Bruins another Centre to play behind Savard and Bergeron. Brule and Lucic played together in the WHL and gives the Bruins some crash and bang.

Oilers get Krejci. A big #1 Centre to play with his fellow country mate in Hemsky.

***Brule for me is tought to give up, but in order to get Krejci, you need to gives the B's a good asset.

backhandsauce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Traktor*

Edmonton gets fleeced.

Visnovsky has more points than David Krejci this year.. some #1 center..

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:35 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
I'm sure Brule is the deal breaker in this.

Boston doesn't do it because Cogliano doesn't replace Krecji, Brule doesn't replace Krejci, and they have Chara.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:36 PM
NinthSpoke06

Boston wouldn't trade Krejci for Phaneuf, there is no way in hell they are trading him for Visnovsky.

Boston also isn't going to have $13.1 million tied up in just two defensemen on the team.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:40 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

The Bruins win this value-wise, but it wouldn't work with the cap.

For a smaller deal to get Cogliano, would the Oilers take Tampa Bay 2nd and Zach Hamill or another AHL prospect get it done?

BruinsNeedaRussian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post

For a smaller deal to get Cogliano, would the Oilers take Tampa Bay 2nd and Zach Hamill or another AHL prospect get it done?
That seems like a fair deal.

I'm a huge Cogliano fan too. I think he scores 25 goals next year if given the opportunity. Cogliano would add nice balance to an otherwise slow Bruins team.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
beantownbruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Skating View Post
Edmonton gets fleeced.

Visnovsky has more points than David Krejci this year.. some #1 center..
he is a 2 or 3 center behind savard and splits time with bergy. his numbers suck because of his line mates not being able to finish. get your facts straight

beantownbruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
jkrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins View Post
he is a 2 or 3 center behind savard and splits time with bergy. his numbers suck because of his line mates not being able to finish. get your facts straight
So he would do better in an even worse team than Boston? Please. Edm would only have use for krejci if they get another forward to compliment him and Penner and a good puck moving D. So the trade would set them back.

However I would love to see Soray in Boston. It would make sense as him and Chara worked great when they played together. Might be something to think about if they can get it to work with the salary cap.

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 03:09 PM
pennerstheman

Visnovsky, POS, 2010 2nd round pick, Sam Gagner, Ethan Moreau for Blake Wheeler, Joe Colborne, Salary dump(Ryder)

Thoughts?

pennerstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 03:22 PM
TheRealThornton22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennerstheman View Post
Visnovsky, POS, 2010 2nd round pick, Sam Gagner, Ethan Moreau for Blake Wheeler, Joe Colborne, Salary dump(Ryder)

Thoughts?
Dosn't work with the Cap, Boston cant take back Salary and Ryders doesn't cover it

TheRealThornton22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins View Post
Those aren't facts, they are opinions. Krejci-ites have been defending this season on surgery and bad linemates. But what they don't like to admit is that his numbers weren't very good over the 2nd half of last season. During a 5 or 6 week span last season Krejci put up monster points and looked like a star. Other than that span he's put up ok but not great points. Blame it on his linemates if you want, but go back over his last 25 games last year and the 57 he's played this year and you get a full season that looks like:

82 game 13 goals, 32 assists

The hip injury might be part of it, linemates might be part of it, and part of it might be that he's more of a 50-60 pt guy than a 70-80 pt guy. It will be interesting to see what happens next year if he bounces back.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 03:24 PM
pennerstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealThornton22 View Post
Dosn't work with the Cap, Boston cant take back Salary and Ryders doesn't cover it
Any other guys Boston could throw in to make it work?

pennerstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:

Thoughts?
I think a deal like that is just way too big with way too many parts. I just don't think there's a deal for Visnovsky with Boston. As good as Moreau is (or was.. i haven't seen him lately so I don't know if age has caught up with him) at his role, we already have way too many bottom line guys. There's also no room for 3 roster Fs being added and only 2 being subtracted, and a dman being added with none going out.

Old
02-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Those aren't facts, they are opinions. Krejci-ites have been defending this season on surgery and bad linemates. But what they don't like to admit is that his numbers weren't very good over the 2nd half of last season. During a 5 or 6 week span last season Krejci put up monster points and looked like a star. Other than that span he's put up ok but not great points. Blame it on his linemates if you want, but go back over his last 25 games last year and the 57 he's played this year and you get a full season that looks like:

82 game 13 goals, 32 assists

The hip injury might be part of it, linemates might be part of it, and part of it might be that he's more of a 50-60 pt guy than a 70-80 pt guy. It will be interesting to see what happens next year if he bounces back.
Maybe sophmore slump in his second full season with B's?

Cory Trevor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog4ndy View Post
Maybe sophmore slump in his second full season with B's?
Possibly. Look it could be the injury. It could be the linemates. It could the a sophomore slump. But it also could be that other than that month and a half last year in Nov and Dec, David Krejci has always been exactly what he has been this year: a good 2 way center with good playmaking skills, but not a topnotch point getter.

You see him make incredible plays with great vision and passing, but there are just way too many nights when he gets 0 goals and 0 assists. Like I said, he could have a big bounce back next year. We'll see.

Old
02-19-2010, 04:12 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:

Thoughts?
Take Gagner out and add someone else. You can have O Sullivan, Cogs, Nilsson. You are not having Gagner. That is too much to give for what we are getting back.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 04:12 PM
TheRealThornton22

Quote:
Any other guys Boston could throw in to make it work?
The Bruins give up 7 mill while taking on ~12mil a difference of 5mill

Thomas' contract would have to go for this too work nerermind a replacement for him.

Its just too many pieces moving for it to be realstic

TheRealThornton22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Possibly. Look it could be the injury. It could be the linemates. It could the a sophomore slump. But it also could be that other than that month and a half last year in Nov and Dec, David Krejci has always been exactly what he has been this year: a good 2 way center with good playmaking skills, but not a topnotch point getter.

You see him make incredible plays with great vision and passing, but there are just way too many nights when he gets 0 goals and 0 assists. Like I said, he could have a big bounce back next year. We'll see.
I'm a Krejci guy, and I'm with you. His talent, vision, and playmaking ability is undeniable. But realistically, some guys with talent just never produce on a consistent basis. Next year will certainly be interesting in terms of defining what type of player he'll be long term.

WreckItRask is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Oilbender

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARAnator View Post
Boston wouldn't trade Krejci for Phaneuf, there is no way in hell they are trading him for Visnovsky.

Boston also isn't going to have $13.1 million tied up in just two defensemen on the team.
In 60 games Dion has 24 points and a plus 2.
In 56 games Visnovsky has 32 points and a minus 3.

I'd argue that it's fair to say Phaneuf has played on a better team for most of the season.

Is there anything here that says "no way in hell we want Visnovsky over Phaneuf." I don't think so.

However, the cap issue is spot on. Too much cash on the back end.

Oilbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post

I'd probably bite on that. Didn't realize you guys had Tampa's 2nd rder. I like Cogs, has unreal wheels, but I don't see where he fits on our team and the direction their going (to get bigger) with all the other small skill guys (Gagner, Eberle).

Lets get this done.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Tikhonov

Hellz no from a Bruins POV

Tikhonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Lion
Rebuild the rebuild

No way from an Oiler point of view. We could get a waay better return than that.

Lion is offline   Reply With Quote