HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/19 | Finland vs Germany (9pm PT, CTV-HD|MSNBC-HD|CTVOlympics.ca|NBCOlympics.com)

Old
02-20-2010, 01:14 AM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
yeah, I noted that earlier. There's also another German goalie playing in the OHL that I talked about before. I want the Sharks to take him.

also another lol from Pierre: "Thomas Greilinger and Marcel Mueller are the two best skating German-born players on the team."

Marco says hi. Even with a couple of serious leg/knee injuries, Marco still has the wheels.

also, from last game:

Chuck Norris wishes he could grow that.
And I'm guessing Ehrhoff is pretty high up there too.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 01:14 AM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Quote:
yeah, I noted that earlier. There's also another German goalie playing in the OHL that I talked about before. I want the Sharks to take him.

also another lol from Pierre: "Thomas Greilinger and Marcel Mueller are the two best skating German-born players on the team."

Marco says hi. Even with a couple of serious leg/knee injuries, Marco still has the wheels.

also, from last game:

Chuck Norris wishes he could grow that.
there are so many ways one could photoshop that

Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Kippersoff will be in net now? Interesting... damm Sharks have created a LOT of goalies in this years olmpics

Nabby, Kipper, Griess, Patzold... did I miss anyone?

Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
If Germany could produce a good goal-scorer or two and stay the hell away from goalies not named Greiss being in their net, they'd be pretty good. Problem is that the DEL has huge import quotas, so all the offensive spots get taken up by washed up north american players, so the Germans only end up filling out checking roles.
Well, there are quite a few players who do get good icetime, but somehow they suck when it comes to international play.

Michael Wolf is one of only two players since the mid-90s to score more than 40 goals in the DEL, he had one great World Championship in 2007, but since then hasn't done anything at all.
Eddy Lewandowski was a good DEL-scorer and did well in the KHL last season as well, yet he only managed a grand total of one goal in six international tournaments.
That list goes on and on.

Germany doesn't have the elite players, it's mostly two-way forwards, but even those should be able to score now and then. They aren't worse than the players who score for Latvia, Belarus or Norway.

It appears like everyone completely forgets how to score once they play for Germany.

Add a goalie who makes no save he doesn't have to make, and a penalty-killing which is so passive that you may as well put four cones on the ice, and there is no way you get anywhere.

This game against Finland ended exactly like I expected, somehow I doubt that it'll change by tomorrow, when they face Belarus.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 01:40 AM
vilpertti

Germany should do well against Belarus, they're a big and immobile bunch on the whole and their goalie isn't that good. Their defense is.. bad. Germany should have the speed to get them into some penalty trouble.

In case someone missed it (at least it was made abundantly clear on the Finnish broadcast), Teemu Selanne has now scored the most points in olympic hockey history!

vilpertti is offline   Reply With Quote