HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TV Schedule Info

Old
09-18-2009, 05:03 PM
CBCnutcase

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post
Are there any Oilers games on the Calgary sportsnet broadcast that we will pick up as extra? I think they get two extra games on SNW due to the fact the Oilers are televising them, also it shows a flames game on Versus, I didn't think Canada got Versus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
so there hasn't been an update on what games sportsnet is showing in HD yet has there?
There will be one extra Oilers game on SNW because the Sportsnet Flames crew will show the Dec. 31 game. The Blackhawks at Flames game on Thanksgiving Day is on Versus nationally in the USA. This game will be on PPV in the SNW area. No information yet on SNHD games.

CBCnutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 02:17 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Just got off the phone with a couple of boobs that are pretty bad at their jobs. I ordered the HD PPV season package with Bellexpressvu last week. They insisted the package contained only twelve games even after I had said that there were 16.

Well today I tried to rectify the situation (seeing as how the ppv schedule has been on the Oiler site for almost a week now) and they are insisting that there are still only twelve games.

After a little heated debate they informed me that they will have to get back to me on this. This is after talking with a representative and their supervisor even after trying to walk said supervisor through finding the Oiler site, which she could not do. Gah.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 02:27 PM
MerryJ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
K, please help. I just called shaw and they said that they will not be carrying any of the Oilers PPV games here in Calgary. Can anyone else confirm this? Has anyone else been told this?! I was fuming and am calling Bell right now to see if I can switch imediately if this is the case.
Wow that really sucks BB.

Funny too, Gregor told a caller on his show yesterday that there would be no PPV HD and from what I have read the 16 PPV games on HD will just cost more. $200.00 I sure hop-w for that price for HD that ALL the ppv games will be HD!

MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 03:18 PM
OYLer

Somehow the serenity prayer just doesn't clover situations like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Just got off the phone with a couple of boobs that are pretty bad at their jobs. I ordered the HD PPV season package with Bellexpressvu last week. They insisted the package contained only twelve games even after I had said that there were 16.

Well today I tried to rectify the situation (seeing as how the ppv schedule has been on the Oiler site for almost a week now) and they are insisting that there are still only twelve games.

After a little heated debate they informed me that they will have to get back to me on this. This is after talking with a representative and their supervisor even after trying to walk said supervisor through finding the Oiler site, which she could not do. Gah.
Last year I tried to ensure I would get the HD package and phoned to ensure I would. At customer service, they seemed vacant about the whole difference - so I made a deal about it. Yes, they assured me I was all set up and ready to go.

Of course, at programming they simply just re-upped our package as SD and I had to purchase the game again in HD missing the first five minutes of the game fiddling with the remote. I phoned again, next game same deal... phoned yet again...third game still same deal... finally, I threatened to terminate ourselves as a Bell Expressvu customer and sue.

It took until March of the 2009 to get them to understand we'd been billed for the same triple purchased games: 1)in SD as a package, 2)some same games purchased individually in HD, and finally, 3)as a package in HD - all billed seperately with interest added on because I refused to pay for all of it. I was told I had to pay for all of it and they would credit me back all the mistaken overbillng including interest & late fees plus the extra GST.

A complicated credit was applied to my normal package fees and it took until the end of June to break-even. Finally, the Expressvu escalation troubleshooter got back to me and said she was so embarrassed she had already credited me an additional 10 free, "complimenty movies in SD" then couldn't understand why I wasn't 'pleased as punch.'

Last edited by OYLer: 09-23-2009 at 03:24 PM.
OYLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 03:26 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer View Post
Last year I tried to ensure I would get the HD package and phoned to ensure I would. At customer service, they seemed vacant about the whole difference - so I made a deal about it. Yes, they assured me I was all set up and ready to go.

Of course, at programming they simply just re-upped our package as SD and I had to purchase the game again in HD missing the first five minutes of the game fiddling with the remote. I phoned again, next game same deal... phoned yet again...third game still same deal... finally, I threatened to terminate ourselves as a Bell Expressvu customer and sue.

It took until March of the 2009 to get them to understand we'd been billed for the same triple purchased games: 1)in SD as a package, 2)some same games purchased individually in HD, and finally, 3)as a package in HD - all billed seperately with interest added on because I refused to pay for all of it. I was told I had to pay for all of it and they would credit me back all the mistaken overbillng including interest & late fees plus the extra GST.

A complicated credit was applied to my normal package fees and it took until the end of June to break-even. Finally, the Expressvu escalation troubleshooter got back to me and said she was so embarrassed she had already credited me an additional 10 free, "complimenty movies in SD" then couldn't understand why I wasn't 'pleased as punch.'
I was hoping for gentle reassurance.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 03:30 PM
The Tourettes Guy

Send a message via MSN to The Tourettes Guy
I won't get into it, but 16 ppv games is ******** for you guys in Alberta. Thank god i'm a CI subscriber in Ontario.

The Tourettes Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Ssseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg Salad Fart View Post
I won't get into it, but 16 ppv games is ******** for you guys in Edmonton. Thank god i'm a CI subscriber in Ontario.
Fixed. The Flames only have 8 PPV games this year.

Ssseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 04:27 PM
CBCnutcase

The Wednesday, March 3 game, Edmonton at Chicago will now be televised on TSN2.

It was originally supposed to be on Centre Ice or a webcast from the Oilers website. The commentators will probably be the Chicago TV crew. The Senators have had several games on TSN2 which used the opposing team's TV commentators.

CBCnutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Ssseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCnutcase View Post
The Wednesday, March 3 game, Edmonton at Chicago will now be televised on TSN2.

It was originally supposed to be on Centre Ice or a webcast from the Oilers website. The commentators will probably be the Chicago TV crew. The Senators have had several games on TSN2 which used the opposing team's TV commentators.
Nice, thanks for the update.

Ssseth is offline   Reply With Quote