HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Ginu

vCash: 500
I believe we're after Sharp or Horton. I'll go on record as saying that this season is a write off if we don't pick up one of these two guys (except if we get someone who plays their style that I didn't think was available). We're just too small up front to make any real noise in the playoffs and need someone in our top 6 who plays with some jam. Both Sharp/Horton play center and right wing and have speed and size. If we don't get one of these two guys, I don't see any other player that seems to be available making a real difference.

Old
02-18-2010, 05:07 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Yup...I don't know if he means something to both Montreal and Chicago or it's something happening between the 2 teams...

Here is what he wrote...
I wouldnt be surprised at all if we tried to make a move for Versteeg. Halak would obviously be going the other way.

Also I think Montreal will try to get one of Booth, Weiss, Frolik or Horton. These guys are up for sale and they are great talents that are just going to improve on the right team.

Old
02-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I wouldnt be surprised at all if we tried to make a move for Versteeg. Halak would obviously be going the other way.

Also I think Montreal will try to get one of Booth, Weiss, Frolik or Horton. These guys are up for sale and they are great talents that are just going to improve on the right team.
can only hope, ...

Old
02-18-2010, 05:19 PM
FeelsLike93

What worrys me is maybe its Price going the other way.. and not Halak?

Old
02-18-2010, 05:22 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
What worrys me is maybe its Price going the other way.. and not Halak?
Hmmmm.......wait until the olympics are over, there is gonna be alot of rumours flying...

Old
02-18-2010, 05:30 PM
FeelsLike93

Yeah it's gonna get crazy on the board, but one things forsure ( imo ) the habs are desperate and we will make atleast 1 significant trade for a forward and hopefully a dman

I just really hope Price isn't involved in the end of everything

Old
02-19-2010, 10:22 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

I don't think they'll do anything, Dominic Moore is our savior

Old
02-19-2010, 04:29 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Due to being up against the cap I don't expect much action from the Habs either...

I just have this bad feeling though that one of the goalies will be moved and it will come back to haunt us for years to come..Which one to trade is the real dilemma for Habs management if one goalie really needs to go...I would hate if the guy they dealt turned into a star and the one they kept didn't pan out like expected..

This situation needs to be handled very very carefully by the Habs..

Old
02-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I'm still troubled by the fact that from Gauthier himself, we HAD to make the move for Moore 'cause chances are he might not have been available at the deadline....Geez that Dominic Moore is something else is he....

Can't wait to see what we'll get if he's ever traded....unless we let him go for nothing in the summer.

Old
02-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Due to being up against the cap I don't expect much action from the Habs either...

I just have this bad feeling though that one of the goalies will be moved and it will come back to haunt us for years to come..Which one to trade is the real dilemma for Habs management if one goalie really needs to go...I would hate if the guy they dealt turned into a star and the one they kept didn't pan out like expected..

this is very true, but as i argued in the price/halak thread, if we get a great return for whomever we do trade, we give ourselves the best chance of coming out ok, regardless of how well the player does with his new team.

Halak is on fire in 2010, and the olympics might just be the last straw that breaks any doubts GM's of other teams have in his ability to handle the pressure of being #1... of winning when it counts.

If he plays well enough to erase any doubts, he might just be worth a big return to a team needing to improve their goaltending situation for the playoffs...

Chi/Wash/Philly
each have solid young talent that they can "afford" to move, each have a problem in nets, each has a roster solid enough to compete for a cup now and in the next 2-3 seasons...

if we ended up moving Price or Halak, but got back a player like Giroux/Carlson-Alzner/Beach and a 1st round pick in this draft, we'd be putting ourselves in a pretty good situation.

- add a great young talent with elite potential
- give the remaining goalie the confidence of being "the guy", and bring in a vet to help mentor/back him up as he continues to develop
- give the team a better cap situation moving forward (both Price and Halak will be in the 3M$+ range next year, keeping both means an extra ~2m on the books that isn't necessary, not too mention that adding a young talent like the players named above means 2-4 seasons of a good roster player at a very cheap cap hit

Old
02-19-2010, 08:56 PM
FeelsLike93

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...lorado/1/26410

(link about price being traded because halak is playing good in olympics)

Last edited by FeelsLike93: 02-19-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old
02-20-2010, 02:51 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...lorado/1/26410

(link about price being traded because halak is playing good in olympics)
In Colorado? Sure. We want Stastny.

Old
02-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
In Colorado? Sure. We want Stastny.
and Dushene......
Eklund is a fool, has he forgotten how well Anderson is playing for the Avalanche?

Old
02-20-2010, 08:04 AM
BLONG7

[QUOTE=Ginu;23983238]I believe we're after Sharp or Horton. I'll go on record as saying that this season is a write off if we don't pick up one of these two guys (except if we get someone who plays their style that I didn't think was available). We're just too small up front to make any real noise in the playoffs and need someone in our top 6 who plays with some jam. Both Sharp/Horton play center and right wing and have speed and size. If we don't get one of these two guys, I don't see any other player that seems to be available making a real difference.[/QUOTE Either of these guys would be a great addition, but every GM knows the Habs need size up front, size with talent....honestly, it is a recipe for disaster for a possible overpayment.....the only way to get a centreman with size, is to DRAFT him, the Habs simply have to do a better job at the draft.......

Old
02-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Either of these guys would be a great addition, but every GM knows the Habs need size up front, size with talent....honestly, it is a recipe for disaster for a possible overpayment.....the only way to get a centreman with size, is to DRAFT him, the Habs simply have to do a better job at the draft.......
We have enough pieces to slightly overpay to bring one of them to Montreal now. How much could Chicago really be asking for for a potential UFA? Horton being available is just as public as Montreal needing size up front. Plus, Martin being the past GM in Florida may give us a leg up. We can't wait 3-4 years to have a contending team to wait for a draft pick to emerge.

Old
02-20-2010, 10:07 AM
24Cups

Quote:

When they trade either Halak or Price, Gauthier has to make sure a high salary is packaged with them to free up some cap space to sign Plekanec. I can see this move coming before the draft and not in a couple of weeks. Say, a good first rounder and big forward for Halak and Gomez.

Old
02-20-2010, 02:51 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...yBooth/1/26424

Quote:
*I am told there is a monster deal being discussed between Montreal, Edmonton and Dallas. Definitely checking around, but my source in Montreal called it a definitive "game changer that will make much of what has happened in Montreal to this point more understandable." I will update early evening should a source call me back today. I was told he would get to me by 7 ET tonight or early tomorrow.
1....2....3.... SPECULATE!

Benn, Cogliano, Brule to Montreal.

Halak and Montreal's 1st our out the door.

I got no clue what we could want from either team.

I want Neal, Eriksson, Benn, Niskanen, Morrow, Hemsky.

go.

Old
02-20-2010, 03:08 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

I'm excited

Maybe the prodigal child, Price is being shipped out? Hopefully not, but Edmonton would love him.
Ribeiro back in town, replacing Pleks? I could see it happening...
Hamrlik and Spacek traded for bags of pucks and/or ice shavings? ()
Souray back?
Eriksson? Benn?? Neal??? Morrow????!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...yBooth/1/26424

1....2....3.... SPECULATE!

Benn, Cogliano, Brule to Montreal.

Halak and Montreal's 1st our out the door.

I got no clue what we could want from either team.

I want Neal, Eriksson, Benn, Niskanen, Morrow, Hemsky.

go.

Old
02-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Morrow for D'Agostini.

Old
02-20-2010, 03:39 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

After reading the EDM and DAL boards, I think I can safely say that Morrow is coming to Montreal. I don't like this very much but that's my guess.

They'll want Spacek though (whoo!!), for their floundering PP.

Old
02-20-2010, 04:34 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
After reading the EDM and DAL boards, I think I can safely say that Morrow is coming to Montreal. I don't like this very much but that's my guess.

I don't think PG will be making a big splash at the deadline...but he will be busy with 1-2 minor deals, and then Cammy and Akost back will be big for the Habs!

Old
02-20-2010, 05:21 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I don't think PG will be making a big splash at the deadline...but he will be busy with 1-2 minor deals, and then Cammy and Akost back will be big for the Habs!
I could see the **** being shipped out for Benn and Morrow or something. The **** are talented but inconsistent and their dedication to the team has to be called into question.

Old
02-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post

Are you being sarcastic or it's true?? 'Cause i want Morrow!

Old
02-20-2010, 06:00 PM
sheed36

Regarding Ek's latest monster deal rumor....What does this part of his rumor mean?

Quote:
"game changer that will make much of what has happened in Montreal to this point more understandable."
So what is this thing that as happened with the Habs could he be referring to? Must be Gainey leaving I guess..

Is there anyone on Edm and Dal that are considered game changers?

Old
02-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Nice,so pretty much we ain't moving at the deadline.If we move a goalie,I don't know why but my feeling tells me it will be Price

Closed Thread